FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bman

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 08, 2015, 10:28:50 AM
Rowan football didn't take a higher percentage of transfer students than Rowan University as a whole did. Just the culture over there.

"Rutgers South"

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: bman on January 08, 2015, 01:27:09 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 08, 2015, 10:28:50 AM
Rowan football didn't take a higher percentage of transfer students than Rowan University as a whole did. Just the culture over there.

"Rutgers South"

Touche :)
I've got Rowan stories from (no names) a few people.......including a former QB from Doylestown, PA. There was some crazy stuff going on in Glassboro back in the day ;)

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on January 06, 2015, 12:46:37 PM
Happy New Year to Gordon, bman and all of the MAC posters!!!

Gordon - I will be interested to see which January transfers actually matriculate to DelVal when the January semester starts.................vs. the rumors. I'm waiting for the next Knoblauch/Isgro/Wilmer (and no slight to Hatty.........I think that he could have been a successful, multiyear starter if not blocked). They get a lot of important, injured players back. I also hear that Kenner-English is back on campus (and hoping that Sadler might come back as well). I've heard the Frank Law injuries (yes, plural) were fairly serious so we're hoping for the best for him of course.

Gordon, give me a prediction on the Men's Hoops team. I think that they will wake up out of their semi-slumber and win the MAC regular season with a 12-2 record and will win both home playoff games for their third MAC Championship in the last five years.

What say you?

Where for art thou Gordo? :)
Hit me up with an Aggies Men's Hoops prediction.

Pat Coleman

May want to venture over to the basketball boards for that. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bman

Widener's 2015 Schedule:
Sat.   9/5/2015              Rowan          Chester, PA
Sat.   9/12/2015          King's          Chester, PA
Sat.   9/19/2015          Albright            Reading, PA
Sat.   9/26/2015          Lebanon Valley   Chester, PA
Sat.   10/3/2015          Wilkes               Edwardsville, PA
Sat.   10/17/2015        Misericordia          Chester, PA
Sat.   10/24/2015        Stevenson           Owings Mills, MD
Sat.   10/31/2015        Lycoming          Chester, PA
Sat.   11/7/2015          FDU-Florham          Chester, PA
Sat.   11/14/2015        Delaware Valley  Doylestown, PA

Maybe a road trip to Owings Mills is in order (not that far from me) this year...I have not seen Stevenson play live...and 9/5, I will definitely be in Chester...

jmcozenlaw

Pretty cool interview below with DelVal's Aaron Wilmer and Rasheed Bailey. Aaron has a huge uphill climb given his size, but I could see his big arm and fast legs in Canada. I do see Rasheed Bailey playing on Sunday's. The kid is built like a brick you-know-what!! Heading into this past season, I really thought that Widener's Anthony Davis was going to have the monster senior year, especially with a strong armed QB like Kline, but Bailey captured every possible award for a D3 Player...............especially for a team that did not have a deep playoff run.

The beauty from a program standpoint (not named Mount Union:) is that the coaching staff can AND IS talking to recruits about being able to achieve whatever they'd like (within reason.........a 270 pound tackle is not playing in the NFL:) and they are utilizing these two young men to get in front of some top line recruits.

You never know who will actually show up until camp begins in about five months, but there is a real enthusiasm in the weight room and the rumors are floating around that the capable, day one replacements for Wilmer and Smallwood are already in place and Bailey's replacement is a freshman on the track and field team that is setting records left and right.

I'm moving my "rebuild" to "reload" and a 5-5 team in 2015 up to a 7-3, possible 8-2 team if the rumors about a few of the incoming freshman and transfers comes through........especially two potential transfers (and I don't want to hear anything about Rowan in the 90's:)

Mark these words. If everything falls into place, in the long history of stud DelVal running backs's.........................there is a 50/50 chance that the best back in the history of not only the school, but of the MAC, will be spending at least the next three, if not four years toting the leather. I know more than I'm letting on but have been asked to refrain from any details as it's not done until it's done. My fingers are crossed!!

Check out the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQ5BSYN40Y&app=desktop

It's been five minutes........I need to go check who the Eagles cut, traded, traded for, etc. :)

bill

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on March 12, 2015, 06:21:34 PM
.there is a 50/50 chance that the best back in the history of not only the school, but of the MAC, will be spending at least the next three, if not four years toting the leather.

Billy White Shoes Johnson (RB at Widener) is coming back? ;)

I tried to post an image here but the uploader file was full??
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

rams1102

Pretty cool interview below with DelVal's Aaron Wilmer and Rasheed Bailey. Aaron has a huge uphill climb given his size, but I could see his big arm and fast legs in Canada. I do see Rasheed Bailey playing on Sunday's. The kid is built like a brick you-know-what!! Heading into this past season, I really thought that Widener's Anthony Davis was going to have the monster senior year, especially with a strong armed QB like Kline, but Bailey captured every possible award for a D3 Player...............especially for a team that did not have a deep playoff run.

The beauty from a program standpoint (not named Mount Union:) is that the coaching staff can AND IS talking to recruits about being able to achieve whatever they'd like (within reason.........a 270 pound tackle is not playing in the NFL:) and they are utilizing these two young men to get in front of some top line recruits.

You never know who will actually show up until camp begins in about five months, but there is a real enthusiasm in the weight room and the rumors are floating around that the capable, day one replacements for Wilmer and Smallwood are already in place and Bailey's replacement is a freshman on the track and field team that is setting records left and right.

I'm moving my "rebuild" to "reload" and a 5-5 team in 2015 up to a 7-3, possible 8-2 team if the rumors about a few of the incoming freshman and transfers comes through........especially two potential transfers (and I don't want to hear anything about Rowan in the 90's:)

Mark these words. If everything falls into place, in the long history of stud DelVal running backs's.........................there is a 50/50 chance that the best back in the history of not only the school, but of the MAC, will be spending at least the next three, if not four years toting the leather. I know more than I'm letting on but have been asked to refrain from any details as it's not done until it's done. My fingers are crossed!!

Check out the video:

It's been five minutes........I need to go check who the Eagles cut, traded, traded for, etc. :)

Thanks for giving us Foles. ;D Eagles give Bradford to the Jets for the 6th pick and take Mariotto. Thoughts?
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: rams1102 on March 13, 2015, 01:52:35 PM

Check out the video:

Thanks for giving us Foles. ;D Eagles give Bradford to the Jets for the 6th pick and take Mariotto. Thoughts?

Rams - I am sooooooo confused by what is going on not only with the Eagles, but with several teams across the NFL!!! Foles is in the last year of his rookie contract so he needs to prove if he is the 2103 version (with a top three offensive line in the league, Jackson, McCoy) or the 2014 version pre-injury. I love the Rams defense and they could make real noise in the division given the demise of the 49ers and the step back that I believe the Seahawks will take, but I am not sold on their offensive line or skill position players. I do like Bradford if he is healthy BUT that is a huge if :)

I don't think the Jets trade the sixth pick for Bradford. If you listen to all of the noise coming out of Oregon's Pro Day yesterday, there are some teams very lukewarm on Mariota. He may very well do an Aaron Rogers like plummet and fall to the Birds at 20.

Bill - I certainly remember "White Shoes", but I was talking about pure running backs........not do-it-all studs :)

If you are from the general area.........and this does occur........you will remember this kid from his insane high school record breaking career  ;)

bman

Mariota doesn't get by pick 5 regardless of the posturing going on...and doubtful that het gets by the Titans, regardless of how they say they feel about Mettenberger.

bman

Well,

Saw my first Phillies game of the season yesterday.
The bright spot...
There's only 10 months to Pitchers and Catchers!  :o

PBR...

good article on wilmer and bailey from DVC being invited to the Eagles novacare complex for private workouts under the eyes of Chip and the staff.... http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/20150405_From_the_Public_League_to_NFL_tryouts.html

bman

Quote from: PBR... on April 07, 2015, 03:47:04 PM
good article on wilmer and bailey from DVC being invited to the Eagles novacare complex for private workouts under the eyes of Chip and the staff.... http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/20150405_From_the_Public_League_to_NFL_tryouts.html
I hope they make it!  Then I can root for them instead of "intensely" against them...:)

PBR...

Sounds like Bailey impressed the Eagles and a private workout at the novacare complex... Good to see every team but the 49ers have inquired about him as well. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/WHYY-Roxborough-High-Graduate-Work-Eagles-Bailey-299317221.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

jmcozenlaw

PBR - Another day, another article about the Aggies Rasheed Bailey! I thought that he'd have a good senior year, but if you told me that it would have amounted to all of this.........I wouldn't have believed you in a million years. This kid's drive is amazing and he has built up his body from a skinny freshman to rock solid senior.......a ton of hours lifting weights, running and catching passes from Wilmer all year long. It would be amazing if Widener's Anthony Davis joins him at the next level but I have not heard or read his name anywhere. Two MAC WR's from the Class of 2015 in the NFL.......that would be mind blowing!!. Here's the latest.......

http://athletics.delval.edu/news/2015/4/14/FB_0414153236.aspx?path=football

Greco and the coaching staff are using the success of Bailey, Wilmer and others (Smallwood, Brian Carter) to get in front of some, let's just say, VERY interesting prospects........both high school seniors and transfers. They just had Sharriff Floyd (1st round NFL draft pick last year) on campus to talk to the team. He was a high school teammate of Wilmer's at George Washington in Philly. Based on how Bailey and Wilmer wowed them last week down at the NovaCare Complex, I'm also hearing that a visit from some coach named Kelly (or a trip down to South Philly) might be in the offing..........the Widener coach will love that after the Linfield debacle last year :)

While I don't expect a MAC Championship next year given the loss of so many key players, the Aggies might sneak up on the likes of Widener and Lycoming in 2015.