FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerwarhawk

"Just think twice is my only advice."

MUC57

Quote from: emma17 on March 12, 2019, 10:19:36 AM
Some good news for Jake Kumerow.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/11/packers-use-exclusive-rights-tender-to-bring-back-wr-jake-kumerow/

I hope he has a great 2019-20.

I hope he makes it as well. He WAS All-World. Hell of a receiver. Good luck Jake❗️
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

WaHooWa

From the FootballScoop website:

UW-Stout (D-III): Per source, Wisconsin-Whitewater (D-III) wide receivers coach Nick Pesik has accepted the offensive coordinator job.

Hawks88

I just found Huntingdon's schedule on their website and it includes a week 3 trip to Oshkosh.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: WaHooWa on March 14, 2019, 01:48:44 PM
From the FootballScoop website:

UW-Stout (D-III): Per source, Wisconsin-Whitewater (D-III) wide receivers coach Nick Pesik has accepted the offensive coordinator job.

Good luck Nick and thanks for everything you've done for us. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Hawks88 on March 14, 2019, 09:31:31 PM
I just found Huntingdon's schedule on their website and it includes a week 3 trip to Oshkosh.

Week 2 at Salisbury from what I heard.

roocru

This past week I was attending the Texas High School Athletic Director's State Conference in Waco, Texas.  I ran into Steve Lieb, former coach at Oshkosh and maybe some other Wisconsin schools?  We were able to share some info on D3 football as well as some of my travels in Wisconsin and the fact my great grandfather is buried in Lacrosse.  Enjoyed our conversation immensely!
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

emma17

Quote from: Just Bill on April 10, 2019, 05:42:22 PM
UWW will be searching for a new AD again: https://uwwsports.com/news/2019/4/10/general-todd-garzarelli-accepts-position-at-indiana-university-pennsylvania.aspx

That was fast. Although UWW is in a national championship drought, per the below it seems he had a beneficial impact to the university.
More than 40 percent of the student-athletes were on the conference academic honor roll, with many student-athletes recognized as Academic All-Americans in numerous sports. The Warhawk Give Back Program saw the student-athletics contribute more than 1,500 community service hours during the year.

He also oversaw $5.1 million in transformation facility construction enhancements and assisted in the design of a $130 million athletic and campus recreation facility master plan. He secured a five-year exclusive apparel agreement, along with many other strategic endeavors.

During the 2017-2018 fiscal year, the department saw an increase in fundraising of more than $950,000 verse the previous year, along with the development of a comprehensive corporate sponsorship platform that saw more than a 50 percent in increase in revenue. In addition to the external resources, Garzarelli also enhanced the department's overall operating budget by 5 percent, from student fees and was able to reduce the department's debt service by $500,000 in the first year.

Several student-athlete centered initiatives were developed under Garzarelli's leadership, including the Student-Athletic Support Services Ecological Model, designed to illustrate the championship experience that student-athletes receive through access and availability to a team of professionals who provide interconnected support services for life in and out of sports.

Now, let's go get an offensive minded AD.

MonroviaCat

Go Cats!

UWO Titan 78

Quote from: MANDGSU on March 20, 2019, 04:08:29 PM

If this is true, I would think the Titans first three games are:
v. Carthage
@ Salisbury
v. Huntingdon

That's a nice slate to start out the season. First, it would be three D3 opponents, which is nice. A solid CCIW team, an 8-win Salisbury team, and a 9-win Huntingdon team would be a good way to prepare for the conference schedule. The Titans have some question marks. This non-conference schedule can hopefully provide some answers.

Hawks88

Quote from: UWO Titan 78 on April 15, 2019, 04:18:21 PM

v. Carthage
@ Salisbury
v. Huntingdon

That's a nice slate to start out the season. First, it would be three D3 opponents, which is nice. A solid CCIW team, an 8-win Salisbury team, and a 9-win Huntingdon team would be a good way to prepare for the conference schedule. The Titans have some question marks. This non-conference schedule can hopefully provide some answers.
Yeah, we actually only won 4 last season. It was a tough one but we won the final three and 4 of the last 5 so hopefully things got straightened out enough that we can bounce back this year and can give you guys a good game. Looking forward to the trip.

WW

Quote from: UWO Titan 78 on April 15, 2019, 04:18:21 PM

v. Carthage
@ Salisbury
v. Huntingdon

Thats the first Titan NC schedule that isn't either short a game or included a non-D3 in at least 10 years.

As for Titan question marks, they start at QB. Is Radavich good enough to keep that gig? Or are they so deep at RB that it won't matter? Personally, I think they're gonna road-grade teams. Defensively, they lose some keys and next year's senior class seems a little light. The good news is lots of underclassmen got plenty of PT last year. They'll be stronger and better in '19.

I see a bounce-back season for the Titans. Good enough to take the title back from UWW? I dunno. The Warhawks have question marks too.

UWO Titan 78

I really think the OL is key. What should have been a strength really wasn't last year. We will need to get back to pounding the ball effectively.

emma17

That's an outstanding non-conf schedule for UWO, it will be fun to watch.
I imagine it's no coincidence that UWO had a poor 2018, and for the first time in 10 years they can now fill all 3 slots with a D3 team.

Some really positive news on UWW's Nate Trewyn:
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/16/packers-interested-in-wisconsin-whitewater-c-nate-trewyn/