Ralph Turner

Pool B for 2015.

Pool C UMHB  37, Pool B HSU 19

Pool B goes 0-1 for the 2015 season.

desertcat1

" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

Ralph Turner

For archives' sake, Pool B for 2016 is UMHB.

CruGuy

Was UMHB the first team to make the tournament as a Pool A, Pool B, and Pool C qualifier? Maybe Wesley has done this?

wesleydad

Quote from: CruGuy on November 21, 2016, 10:36:45 AM
Was UMHB the first team to make the tournament as a Pool A, Pool B, and Pool C qualifier? Maybe Wesley has done this?

Not sure but this may have been the first year Wesley won a pool A.  I am not sure about the C, but they were the B many times.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: wesleydad on November 21, 2016, 10:41:55 AM

Not sure but this may have been the first year Wesley won a pool A.  I am not sure about the C, but they were the B many times.

I think both teams have completed the trifecta.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: D3MAFAN on November 21, 2016, 10:49:24 AM

HSU may have been the first.  I need Pat Coleman to look in the archives for the 1999 era before the ASC got the Pool A bid.

Linfield also comes to mind.
Pac Lu won D3 as  Pool B.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: Ralph Turner on November 21, 2016, 11:51:48 AM
Quote from: D3MAFAN on November 21, 2016, 10:49:24 AM

HSU may have been the first.  I need Pat Coleman to look in the archives for the 1999 era before the ASC got the Pool A bid.

Linfield also comes to mind.
Pac Lu won D3 as  Pool B.
I don't think Linfield has ever been a pool C.  They had some pool B entries prior to the NWC's pool A qualification. Likewise, I don't think Pacific Lutheran has ever been a pool A team....
Go Cats!

wally_wabash

Wesley would have been a Pool C team in 2015, so they've done this...for whatever it's worth. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

MonroviaCat

When was the first year of Pool C? 
Go Cats!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: MonroviaCat on November 21, 2016, 12:21:48 PM
When was the first year of Pool C?
1999, I believe because I think that there was the 16 team bracket in 1998 and an undefeated South Region team stayed home.

CruGuy

Who was the last Pool B to win the national championship?

wally_wabash

Probably Linfield.
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Ralph Turner

K-Mack

I have a spreadsheet that can answer the above questions, if anyone still cares.

Was hoping I might luck out and find a breakdown of the 2017 Pool Bs here. I guess i have to use my brain  ;D
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.