FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cover2 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

awadelewis

Scores from around the league as of 3PM CT:

W&L 14, UoS 6  14:54 4Q

Huntingdon 17, B-SC 14  4Q

Millsaps 55, LaGrange 7 Late 4Q

WashU 17, Rhodes 10 Early 4Q

Trying to get updates on the B-SC and Rhodes scores...

awadelewis

Looks like the offenses waited until the 4Q to show up in Montgomery.... B-SC 31 - Huntingdon 24.

awadelewis

And WashU and Rhodes are now tied at 17.

awadelewis

W&L starting to pull away a bit in the 4Q on the Mountain,  with the score 28-6 at the 7:37 mark in the 4Q.

awadelewis

B-SC scores on a big TD to extend the score to 45-24 with just under 7:00 left in the 4Q.

awadelewis

Huntingdon isn't quitting.  B-SC 45 Huntingdon 31

And they recover the on-side kick.

awadelewis

Rhodes scores 1st in OT with a FG.  Rhodes 20 - WashU 17.

Late dogfight in Montgomery with Huntingdon attempting a comeback but fighting both B-SC and the officials.  Score is 45-38 with B-SC recovering the on-side kick.  Around 2:30 in the game.

pbrooks3

Rhodes defeats Wash U 20-17 in one OT.
🏀🏀🏀

awadelewis

pbrooks3

The Rhodes game was won with a 37-yard field goal on the initial Lynx possession of the OT. Wash U then proceeded to lose about 20 yards on penalties in their OT possession and never threatened to score. Good start at the new Crain Field for Rhodes!
🏀🏀🏀

awadelewis

B-SC holds off a strong late 4Q comeback by Huntingdon to win 45-38.    Score was 17-14 Huntingdon early in the 4th quarter.    Wildly entertaining ballgame.

DGPugh

great game on the computer.... i hope B Southern goes undefeated (and that is tough on me to say)
i am unsure if either team has much of a defense or both teams have pretty good  O's ???
Fun game to watch, even though Huntingdon came up short (same type game as last year with a similar outcome) :'(

keep the faith
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

footballfan413

To fans of D-3 football everywhere.  I am honored to have been asked to spread the word regarding a new cancer fund that has been established to help Tom Pattison, UW-W sports broadcaster and founder of www.warhawkfootball.com    I and my family know, all to well, how a cancer diagnosis can be devastating to a families daily lives and finances. Please, consider making even the smallest donation to Tom.

The following is an open letter by Retired UW-W Coach Bob Berezowitz:

Team Tom Cancer Fund Drive established

Once a Warhawk, always a Warhawk are the often spoken words by Tom Pattison, longtime "voice" of the Warhawks. Over the many years of broadcasting UW-Whitewater football, basketball and baseball games on KOOL 106.5 (and prior to that (940 WFAW), Tom has "bled purple" during each one of his broadcasts.

Unfortunately, on May 28, 2012 Tom was diagnosed with advanced stage 2 colon cancer. He underwent colorectal cancer surgery in Fort Atkinson and in the process has developed astronomical hospital and medical bills.

Tom has already gone through the first phase of radiation treatment at the UW Cancer Clinic along with chemotherapy with phase two starting later this month.

Tom has given his heart and soul to Warhawk athletics over his 25 years of living here in southern Wisconsin. He served six years as the president of the UW-Whitewater Quarterback Club and still serves on the club's board of directors.

In 2003 Tom founded Warhawkfootball.com where Warhawk fans, players, former players and parents have been able to view up-to-date Warhawk football news and information 365 days a year. Nearly 1.5 million visitors have clicked onto the Website over the years.

The Website that has been funded entirely by Tom has been a popular "voice" for Warhawk football fans not only locally but around the world.

Well now Tom needs your assistance in his battle with cancer.

With the help and leadership of UW-Whitewater Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Paul Plinke and former Warhawk football coach Bob Berezowitz and KOOL 106.5 Radio a team has been set up to lead a campaign to raise funds for Tom.

The "Team Tom Cancer Fund" has been established through Commercial Bank in Whitewater and is now accepting donations.

Donations may be sent to: Team Tom Cancer Fund, c/o Commercial Bank, 200 South Freemont St. Whitewater, WI 53190

The fund raising drive will also include Tom Pattison Day at Perkins Stadium on Oct. 6, 2012. More details will be announced shortly.

"I have known Tom for many years while coaching and now in retirement," Berezowitz said. "There is not another person who has given more of himself to help promote UW-Whitewater football. He is always writing articles for both past and present players that are published on his Website.

It is now our turn to say "thank you" for his efforts by considering making a donation to the to assist Tom in his time of need.

Go Warhawks,
Bob Berezowitz
UW-Whitewater Football Coach/Retired
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

Hawks88

Quote from: awadelewis on September 08, 2012, 04:47:23 PM

Late dogfight in Montgomery with Huntingdon attempting a comeback but fighting both B-SC and the officials.  Score is 45-38 with B-SC recovering the on-side kick.  Around 2:30 in the game.
I'll say a big YEP to that one. I don't know that we even deserved to win as bad as we played, too many missed tackles, blown coverages and big plays given up in general, but our guys sure showed a lot of guts coming back like that at the end and having the two shots at the end-zone to at least tie it. Three years in a row losing to these guys sure stinks. Maybe we can get them next year.

Go Hawks!

Major Rev

Congratulations to teams in the newly formed SAA!  As the new conference begins to sort itself out, we seem to be well represented in the Top 25/TRV.  Will look forward to seeing these young teams develop through the season.
I come from a "mixed" family - graduates from Millsaps, Rhodes, and BSC (with one unfortunate graduate from Ole Miss' nursing school, though she redeemed herself with a Masters from Emory).  We may even cover another school with one last chance - perhaps one of our new entering SAA schools like Berry.
So it's always fun at my house!
Good luck to everyone this year!