NJAC

Started by Go2Goal, August 29, 2017, 09:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

Quote from: firstplaceloser on October 25, 2017, 05:16:09 PM
Camden plays Stockton tonight for a place in the playoffs... i can't even remember the last time camden wasn't in the playoffs or at least the Semis...

Yikes...firstplacecloser it looks like Camden had a 1-0 lead with 35 seconds left an Stockton tied it up 1-1 and then won it in OT...I think Camden would have gotten 6th place had they won..Tough way to end your season

Go2Goal

Looks like my predictions played out exactly as predicted! Off on a few scores but it is what it is. Camden is out at the hands of South Jersey rival Stockton. Not sure how Camden let that one slip! The are usually well coached enough to hold a lead with a minute left. Stockton slips in and now travels to Kean. I hope that Newark comes back to Glassboro to see a great NJAC final!

firstplaceloser

Quote from: Go2Goal on October 25, 2017, 11:30:22 PM
Looks like my predictions played out exactly as predicted! Off on a few scores but it is what it is. Camden is out at the hands of South Jersey rival Stockton. Not sure how Camden let that one slip! The are usually well coached enough to hold a lead with a minute left. Stockton slips in and now travels to Kean. I hope that Newark comes back to Glassboro to see a great NJAC final!

i was there and let's just say Stockton stoke one tonight. lazy defending led to a 40 yard run straight up the middle for the goal to win it. The refs were absolutely awful

Go2Goal

To me it just further signifies the changing of the guard in the NJAC. The run that Camden had was nice, but it is clearly over. The loss to Stockton could be a dagger in recruiting as well.

lastguyoffthebench

I watched the Kean game where Camden had a goal called back.  AR called it over goal line before the service.

I watched the video feed last night.  Stockton had 4 shots before they started throwing the kitchen sink with ten to go.   Did not look at box score, but maybe 8-10 total shots?  Bizarre ending... There was no foul throw and no deliberate handling to warrant a PK.  Honestly one of the most bizarre that I have witnessed in quite some time.

Under a minute remaining:
Camden player, at midfield launches a throw 40 yards... AR puts up flag for foul throw, prematurely. Stockton runs up to infraction of foul throw, puts in play, pings a ball in the box and CB attempts to clear the ball.   Teammate is directly in front of him by less than a yard or two at the top of the box, back to ball and not looking and it hits his hand. PK

Harsh call in any circumstance, let alone with a playoff berth on the line.  This is not a PK at any level.

lastguyoffthebench

Rowan and Newark are definitely on the up and up.   Camden does not even have a full time staff, yet still competes.  They looked like a solid young class, but inexperience cost them so many games this season.   They will not lose recruits because of failing to make the playoffs.

Typically solid defensively, many mistakes in the final third... Evident by no shutout win this year and a 0-0 Haverford result.   

I wouldn't sleep on Camden or Montclair...

Go2Goal

Lastguy who was the ref?

luckylefty

Camden began to back slide when Rowan and Stockton started to get themselves back in the game.  For years Camden had the run of South Jersey in recruiting.  Those days are over, they will still get talented kids, but they will lose kids to Rowan and Stockton every year they didn't typically lose.  Rowan seems to be getting the lions share of those kids.

firstplaceloser

Quote from: Go2Goal on October 26, 2017, 01:07:42 PM
To me it just further signifies the changing of the guard in the NJAC. The run that Camden had was nice, but it is clearly over. The loss to Stockton could be a dagger in recruiting as well.

Camden owned the NJAC from 2011-2016. and you're right the tides are changing back to how it was back in the day. i think camden has a solid foundation to build off of but once they lost Mike Ryan( who is arguably one of the best strikers to ever play D3) and i will challenge anyone to go against that. they seemed to lose a great deal of confidence after that and it had affected them ever since. it is GERY difficult to recruit in camden, only reason i went was i knew i had a chance at a ring. but that's now gone as well. Rowan should have absolutely no problem taking recruits from camden and stockton just bc of their facilities. if Gilmore wasn't there when i was searching i(and half of the 2013 cmd squad) 100% would've chosen Rowan. so they should have no problem in the coming years. but the change in the NJAC altogether is pretty cool to see. i hope RUN and Rowan each make a run in the NCAA

lastguyoffthebench

Quote from: Go2Goal on October 26, 2017, 02:24:35 PM
Lastguy who was the ref?

Box score has it.   Some refs have their quirks with handling and are too quick to the whistle...

Mr.Right

I was just about to say that MSU looks like a good side as they are a physical athletic bunch..WPU catches them pushing 3's frwd and gets them on the counter on a nice goal 1-0 WPU 1st Half...

Mr.Right

2 minutes later exact same thing...2-0 WPU...MSU gets caught and WPU kid 1v1 with defender gets his shot off and a nice save by MSU GK but the defender was caught ball watching and the ball popped right back to WPU kid who finished it...

firstplaceloser

stockton just pulled the most Stockton move ever. Kean had the lead then Stockton came back late. Not sure they can keep this going against Rowan.

firstplaceloser

very random but how come none of the NJAC teams get articles like upstate update and nor'easter blog. clearly they either don't care or i am missing something

Christan Shirk

Quote from: firstplaceloser on October 30, 2017, 11:43:03 AM
very random but how come none of the NJAC teams get articles like upstate update and nor'easter blog. clearly they either don't care or i am missing something

Well, the second possibility is the correct one: you are missing something.  Throughout it's 10-year existence, D3soccer.com might best be described as a spare-time hobby of 2 or 3 people, with contributions from one to several others depending on the year.  Maybe read the article The 2017 season is here and, yes, we are back that I posted at the start of the season for a little more insight.  If you knew us and/or could see behind the scenes, you would quickly realize how far from the truth it is that we "don't care".

The regions/conferences covered by one of our weekly columns are being covered because someone with interest in and knowledge of those regions/conferences approached us and volunteered to write for us.  We have no regional weekly column covering the NJAC because no one has ever approached us and volunteered to write one.  And even if some one had volunteered to do so this year, it could only have become reality if we were able to find a new volunteer copy editor or one of this year's new volunteer copy editors could have taken on more work.

Believe me, we at D3soccer.com would love to be able to have a lot more weekly columns so that all regions/conferences/teams were covered by one of them.  But we have never had nearly enough volunteer writers/columnists to do that, and even less so have we had enough volunteer copy editors and people behind the scenes to have been able to handle that much original content each week.
Christan Shirk
Special Consultant and Advisor
D3soccer.com