NJAC

Started by Go2Goal, August 29, 2017, 09:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstplaceloser

Quote from: Falconer on November 02, 2017, 07:55:46 AM
Quote from: Ji Sung Park the Bus on November 01, 2017, 09:32:11 PM
I was there, no way that ball made it into the net before the clock was at zero!

I was watching the stream, which was pretty good quality, and I wanted to see a replay--they do that routinely on the Messiah stream with scoring plays and some near misses. If I were in the witness box, my testimony would be that the goal didn't count. Time ran out before it crossed the line.

they are trying to "claim" that the clock wasn't the official clock ... every college game i ever played was kept by the score board clock.. BUT also what in the world was the goalie doing?!?!?!

luckylefty

Check out Rowan Men's Soccer instagram, they have two videos.  The online video, but also a sideline version with the scoreboard and clock in the frame.  The kid who scored the goal received the ball with 3 seconds left, took a touch and shot. 

It's honestly too close to call and I've watched the video ten times.  You could tell me it crossed the line or it didn't, and I would believe either version. I was convinced last night Stockton got robbed.  Don't feel that way anymore.

firstplaceloser

Quote from: luckylefty on November 02, 2017, 09:11:33 AM
Check out Rowan Men's Soccer instagram, they have two videos.  The online video, but also a sideline version with the scoreboard and clock in the frame.  The kid who scored the goal received the ball with 3 seconds left, took a touch and shot. 

It's honestly too close to call and I've watched the video ten times.  You could tell me it crossed the line or it didn't, and I would believe either version. I was convinced last night Stockton got robbed.  Don't feel that way anymore.

yeah wow that video shows .1-.2 seconds left. again blame the goalie for not even looking

luckylefty

Quote from: firstplaceloser on November 02, 2017, 09:17:50 AM

yeah wow that video shows .1-.2 seconds left. again blame the goalie for not even looking

In fairness, that kid is the only reason they were in the game.  It's brutal, and he seemed to be out of position, but he was one of many Stockton players that seemed to let their guard down.  Nobody even thought of closing down the shooter.

Ji Sung Park the Bus

Quote from: luckylefty on November 02, 2017, 09:19:56 AM

In fairness, that kid is the only reason they were in the game.  It's brutal, and he seemed to be out of position, but he was one of many Stockton players that seemed to let their guard down.  Nobody even thought of closing down the shooter.

I agree it was super close, here is a video link of the goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2cdKBjuy8w

firstplaceloser

Quote from: luckylefty on November 02, 2017, 09:19:56 AM

play great for 109:59 minutes and all it takes is 1 second
to ruin it.

Wisco21

Agree with firstplaceloser here, Stockton only have themselves to blame for not sealing the deal. To be fair, that Rowan bloke hit a nice ball, but you need to be mentally tough for 110 minutes, not 109 and change.

Bummer way to end your season but life goes on.

firstplaceloser

ill be the first person here to call this. Rowan season will be over in the first weekend of NCAAs.

Falconer

The youtube video (linked above) is the view from the stream last evening (correct?). I still think the goal was late--there's less than one second left when the shot is taken. But, it's so close that I could be mistaken.

Messiah recently got a GW with virtually no time left, but it wasn't a close call like this one. Rare to see it once, let alone twice, in the space of a couple of weeks, involving top teams. Probably never see it again.

When I loaded that video, the next one in line was this, called "Ring Chasing," apparently coming from the university: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATDI3l79P8M

There's been some talk here (not involving me) about Rowan promoting their chances to win it all this year. Someone asked for evidence of that. Well, here it is--but this is just 5 days old, after that conversation was over. I suppose this was done for recruiting purposes?   

franklyspeaking

looking at the video provided, it does not seem possible for that goal to count, but it is clearly close.

franklyspeaking

looked at the Rowan mens instagram video, clock in the background.  Looks like it DID in fact beat the clock. 

Ejay

The youtube video has a great angle form the stands and the ball appears to have cleared the line with .2 left on the clock.

rudy

Does anyone know the rule? Seems college is much more precise with the clock and time than pro or even high school where the ref keeps time in last 2 minutes..along with added time for stoppages. Is the rule in college soccer that the ball has to cross line before clock runs out or is it more like basketball where the shot has to leave the shooters hand before clock hits zero for it to count??

firstplaceloser

you have to watch the video on their instagram to see the actual game clock. the other video isn't correct. and i am a ref, the ball must cross the line before time expires. but i really don't know what i would have done there

rudy

Quote from: firstplaceloser on November 02, 2017, 11:16:57 AM
you have to watch the video on their instagram to see the actual game clock. the other video isn't correct. and i am a ref, the ball must cross the line before time expires. but i really don't know what i would have done there

Thanks for clarification on the ball crossing the line before time expires.  I did not know that rule. Do you ref college and high school?  In our state for HS games the clock does not even run for the last 2 minutes so players have no idea when the clock will expire.  NCAA soccer (at least D3..I never noticed for D1/D2) does show the time and it counts down to 0 at which point play stops.  I have seen a college game once where the ref allowed corner kick to be taken with time winding down..and the team scored off the corner but ref waved the goal off due to time expiring.   The coach went crazy..but if the rule is the ball has to go over the line before the clock hits 0 then it was the correct call.   I found it a strange call at the time. Tough call..without the benefit of instant replay it is hard to hold the Ref responsible for making a call that tight in the Rowan game.  Stockton should have pressured that player and not given him the opportunity to get the shot off...can't blame the ref for that.