FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaypeter

I can think of several reasons that Mount may give up more points this week than they have so far this year...

--UMHB is a significantly better team than Mount has faced this year.  I agree that there is some truth this year to "Mount hasn't seen anything like UMHB."  At least they haven't seen it yet this year.  Anytime you face something new it takes a little time to adjust.
--UMHB can throw the ball some, especially when their running game is clicking...and Mount has at times allowed big passing plays on its defense
--UMHB defense will be able to slow down Mount Union more than other teams have, giving move chances to the UMHB offense.  I won't be surprised if UMHB creates a turnover or two deep in Mount Union territory.

Now, I'll also admit that a number of the points scored this year have been against the second or third team, or have been in clean-up time, but if Mount starts slowly again, it will take longer to recover and could force them into taking a few more chances. 

All that said, I still think Mount Union will win the game and probably will do so by finally starting to pull away in the third quarter.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see the final score something like 31-27 or something like that. 

fredsdriveinn

Mount may give up more than 17 but the point total won't exceed 24 for the game.  Here's something scary to consider...Mount has not had to put the gas pedal down once this season.  I think they might do that this weekend.  I'm expecting 50+ from UMU with a winning margin of +30.  Mount Union is going to go HARD this weekend.

amonachino

When you  look back on Mount getting beat by whitewater the last 2 yrs. the reason is clear.  in 2011 2 fumbles losing 1, with no running game.  Add 2 int. and a QB that could not create a big play with his legs.  A final of 13-10.  In 2010 you have the same QB now with 4 int. and 5 fumbles losing 1 with no running game. Mount has upgraded the running game, still has to get better, and really improved the QB play.  Burke has 5 int in 13 games with 2 loss fumbles, Lattimore has 4 loss fumbles in 13 games. Burke has 8 games with 0 int. and never more then 1 in a game.  If Mount has no more then 1 turn over and can generate a running game of some merit, they will win.  If Lattimore fumbles again it may be his last start. He fumbles every 29 carries. Simon is 1 every 70 carries.  In big games over the years Mount has earned their stripes by winning the turn over stat. You do not win championships with sloppy play.  IMO Mount has handed over the keys to the opponent.  All the weakness you have as a team show up in big games when each team is very good.  Mount is very good, they need to keep playing as they have the whole yr. anything less will not do.   

HScoach

Quote from: fredsdriveinn on December 05, 2012, 12:37:31 PM
Mount may give up more than 17 but the point total won't exceed 24 for the game.  Here's something scary to consider...Mount has not had to put the gas pedal down once this season.  I think they might do that this weekend.  I'm expecting 50+ from UMU with a winning margin of +30.  Mount Union is going to go HARD this weekend.

I'll take some of what you're smoking. 

I think this is going to be a game much like the Stagg against Bridgewater.  Last team with the ball wins.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

fredsdriveinn

hscoach:

I'll give you UMHB +30.  We can wager dinner/drinks.  Interested?

PurpleSuit

I don't think Mount putting up 50+ is out of the question this week.  I'd almost expect it with the way Burke and Collins are rolling. A 30 point margin sounds crazy, but its not unimaginable.  I don't think it will be that wide of a margin,  but I could see a 20+ point win for the Raiders.

fredsdriveinn

and that's my point.  Mount will score 50+ and UMHB may score 20+ but math tells me that's a 30 point difference.  I think this mount team is the best one in the last 4 years.

emma17

Quote from: HScoach on December 05, 2012, 12:50:02 PM
Quote from: fredsdriveinn on December 05, 2012, 12:37:31 PM

I'll take some of what you're smoking. 

I think this is going to be a game much like the Stagg against Bridgewater.  Last team with the ball wins.

Are you trying to move the Vegas line?

UMUplayerdad

Quote from: amonachino on December 05, 2012, 12:41:06 PM
When you  look back on Mount getting beat by whitewater the last 2 yrs. the reason is clear.  in 2011 2 fumbles losing 1, with no running game.  Add 2 int. and a QB that could not create a big play with his legs.  A final of 13-10.  In 2010 you have the same QB now with 4 int. and 5 fumbles losing 1 with no running game. Mount has upgraded the running game, still has to get better, and really improved the QB play.  Burke has 5 int in 13 games with 2 loss fumbles, Lattimore has 4 loss fumbles in 13 games. Burke has 8 games with 0 int. and never more then 1 in a game.  If Mount has no more then 1 turn over and can generate a running game of some merit, they will win.  If Lattimore fumbles again it may be his last start. He fumbles every 29 carries. Simon is 1 every 70 carries.  In big games over the years Mount has earned their stripes by winning the turn over stat. You do not win championships with sloppy play.  IMO Mount has handed over the keys to the opponent.  All the weakness you have as a team show up in big games when each team is very good.  Mount is very good, they need to keep playing as they have the whole yr. anything less will not do.   

you forgot the punting game  Mt punter had problems(much improved this year) and UWW had a guy kicking 50 yard BOMBS     I'm afraid to ask -do these guys have a great punter? Of course Denton may cause them to kick a few outta bounds, losing some yards in the process

wesleydad

i think mount wins, but i dont think they get 50.  that is 8 scores of some type, 7 being td's.  i see them getting 7 - 8 scoring opportunities.  30+ would mean umhb scores under 10, not sure that happens either.

pradierguy

I think its within 3 at half either team winning, but Mount pulls away after a big defensive or ST play and wins by 20.

theaprof

I think I'll let the team play this weekend and see who wins.  I will be happy with a one point win by the Raiders--as long as it is a win!
Reloading--Again, and again, and again....

SaintsFAN

Can someone respond to me with the link for tickets for this weekend's game? 
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

emma17

Great article on Driskill on D3.  Although he's been a nightmare vs UWW, he's one of my all time favorite D3 players.  I had the chance to talk with him briefly after last year's Stagg, even after the tough loss he was a class act.  I hope good things for him Saturday and beyond.