FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Hope Joe recovers, rests up and leads the Golden Eagles to a few wins in the NCAA playoffs.....some scary moments yesterday....it reminds us of the responsibility to give these kids all the resources to limit serious injuries and stay healthy, whether it is proper equipment or rule enforcement....I hope the Alfred QB is OK
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bengalsrule

Congrats to the Brockport Golden Eagles and thier E8 championship!

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 04, 2017, 03:05:33 PM
Congratulations to the 2017 Empire 8 champion Brockport Golden Eagles....and prayers for both Bport and AU QBs.

Brockport 35, Alfred 25.
Pep,
    The Saxon Warriors played their hearts out against a great team and almost pulled it off......I hope both QB's are OK.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

fisheralum91

Any word on the QBs?
Would hate for either of them miss any time!

saxontad

Quote from: Bartman on November 06, 2017, 10:45:57 AM
Quote from: AUPepBand on November 04, 2017, 03:05:33 PM
Congratulations to the 2017 Empire 8 champion Brockport Golden Eagles....and prayers for both Bport and AU QBs.

Brockport 35, Alfred 25.
Pep,
    The Saxon Warriors played their hearts out against a great team and almost pulled it off......I hope both QB's are OK.

Bartman,

In each of AU's losses this season it was interceptions that killed us.  I believe that we would have been in position to win each of them w/out the interceptions.  We could have lost each, but would have been close enough to win.  GRRR!!!  And, yes, congratulations to Brockport!!

On Saxon Warriors!!!

AUPepBand

Quote from: fisheralum91 on November 06, 2017, 10:46:59 AM
Any word on the QBs?
Would hate for either of them miss any time!

Pep heard that after Joe came to, while sitting in the ambulance, he wanted to go back onto the field. That was a brutal hit. Knocked him unconscious. Pep is thinking he'll likely sit out a week as concussion protocol but hoping he'll be ready to go for NCAA Round 1.

Still not sure of extent or nature of Bryce's injury but student athletic trainer who visited him in the hospital said he was in good spirits but wasn't at liberty (these guys are taught to be professionals) to discuss the injury.

Pep wasn't at the game and webcam operator turned the cam away from the injured in both cases.

On Saxon Warriors!!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

ITH radio

Joe is out for SLU game. Hoping to be back for Rd 1 of the playoffs.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bombers798891

One can only hope Brockport is just being extra cautious—Joe is an excellent QB, but Brockport shouldn't have any problems being St. Lawrence without him, to be honest.

fisheralum91

We want the E8 champs fully loaded when they go represent the league!
Get better Joe!

Bengalsrule

ON a side note... here's to hoping my BENGALS finish the season with a winning record!  With our Men's Soccer team hosted by 1st round NCAA soccer tourney later in that day, our football team will be the 2nd most important team playing at Coyer Fiekd tomorrow!

Go BENGALS!!

fisheralum91

Here is hoping that there is some sort of magic that Coach V can pull out of a hat to have some sort of rallying point for next season.

This truly was the season that wasnt!

Bengalsrule

Ooowwweeee.  A ton of activity at 1300 Elmwood today !  I Was walking through Houston gym on the way to basketball practice and passed by the Fisher dbs and thier coach !  Then passed by 2 of the BENGALS  seniors who will be honored today before todays game.  Got upstairs and the BENGAL cheerleaders were getting dressed in all of thier cold weather gear. They also have 3 seniors although they won't be honored until last basketball game!

Training room is on full with a hockey game scheduled for 2 pm vs Chatham and at 5pm the 1st round of NCAA d3 soccer playoffs start with Buff State hosting!  If you don't get a good feel for D3 sports on a day like today then you never will. Great day to have prospective students and parents visit too!

Go BENGALS !

Upstate

Completely embarrassing effort by Fisher in the first half...

The Fisher QB's are a combined 2-10 for 12 yards and 1 INT and honestly none of their passes have looked even remotely accurate or catchable...

Meanwhile IC's Freshman QB just threw his 5th TD of the game in the first half...

Defensively they've allowed 129 yards rushing in the 1st half and Hoppy is 9/13 with 3 TDs...

Just a wasted season thanks to poor recruiting, poor coaching and poor effort...

New blood is needed on East Ave next fall...
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Bartman

Quote from: Bengalsrule on November 11, 2017, 11:43:52 AM
Ooowwweeee.  A ton of activity at 1300 Elmwood today !  I Was walking through Houston gym on the way to basketball practice and passed by the Fisher dbs and thier coach !  Then passed by 2 of the BENGALS  seniors who will be honored today before todays game.  Got upstairs and the BENGAL cheerleaders were getting dressed in all of thier cold weather gear. They also have 3 seniors although they won't be honored until last basketball game!

Training room is on full with a hockey game scheduled for 2 pm vs Chatham and at 5pm the 1st round of NCAA d3 soccer playoffs start with Buff State hosting!  If you don't get a good feel for D3 sports on a day like today then you never will. Great day to have prospective students and parents visit too!

Go BENGALS !
Statesmen are focused on NCAA tourney Soccer tonight against the Bengals....should be a great and very cold game.....good luck to both teams
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Good luck, Golden Eagles! Nice to see an "all-east" bracket this year....let those Midwest teams deal with the Mount!!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!