FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

Quote from: WW on April 24, 2018, 11:50:04 AM
Quote from: dachampishere on March 31, 2018, 01:48:57 AM
Any news on the new Benedictine head football coach or who the candidates might be or when they will be interviewing them????

Benedictine makes a hire.

http://benueagles.com/news/2018/4/24/mccaslin-tabbed-as-next-leader-of-benedictine-football.aspx

Experience working with both Lance Leipold and Chris Creighton.  Hard to pick two better coaches to learn from before your first HC gig. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

WW

As well as experience at the D2 and D1 levels. Should be useful presuming Benedictine is successful in its D2 application. All in all appears to be a good fit.

Rhythm21

Former Benedictine WR Matt Fleming signs contract with Chicago Bears after showing out at rookie minicamp. NACC's got talent, been sayin it for years  ;)
https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/13/matt-fleming-chicago-bears-rookie-minicamp-benedictine/
AU Black and Blue

Ryan Stoppable

Concordia Chicago has a new head coach, as they promoted defensive coordinator Mike Juscik to replace Randy Awrey who resigned after 5 seasons at the helm. Seems like a strange time for a coaching change...
Lakeland Muskies: Fear the Fish!

NCAA Appearances
Football: 17, 16, 15, 09, 05
MBB: 04
WBB: 17, 10, 06, 04, 02, 01, 99
Baseball: 03, 02 (College World Series)

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

WW

Benedictine transition to DII has been approved. It's a multi-year process, so the "when" part is unclear as it affects football. They'll play their DIII schedule this season but I believe will be ineligible for post-season.

Ryan Stoppable

Quote from: WW on July 13, 2018, 04:37:17 PM
Benedictine transition to DII has been approved. It's a multi-year process, so the "when" part is unclear as it affects football. They'll play their DIII schedule this season but I believe will be ineligible for post-season.
The NACC said in a separate statement that this will be their final season in the conference, and confirmed that they are ineligible for the playoffs. So if BU were to win the NACC title this season, would the Pool A bid pass to the 2nd place team or would it be lost?

On a different note, Leanthony Reasnover of Eureka was named 3rd team preseason All-America at RB!

NCAA Appearances

wally_wabash

Quote from: Ryan Stoppable on August 01, 2018, 01:24:20 PM
Quote from: WW on July 13, 2018, 04:37:17 PM
The NACC said in a separate statement that this will be their final season in the conference, and confirmed that they are ineligible for the playoffs. So if BU were to win the NACC title this season, would the Pool A bid pass to the 2nd place team or would it be lost?

Speculation on my part, but I believe the conference can award their automatic bid to whoever they want.  Obviously, it's customary to give that to the league champion, but not required.  In this scenario, it seems clear that they would award the bid to the tournament-eligible team that finishes highest in the league standings. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Ryan Stoppable

2018 NACC Preseason Poll
1. Lakeland (12), 123
2. Aurora (3), 105
3. Benedictine, 88
4. Eureka (1), 78
5. Wisconsin Lutheran, 66
6. Concordia Wisconsin, 44
7. Concordia Chicago, 39
8. Rockford, 33

NCAA Appearances

Gray Fox

Quote from: Ryan Stoppable on July 12, 2018, 08:46:49 PM
Concordia Chicago has a new head coach, as they promoted defensive coordinator Mike Juscik to replace Randy Awrey who resigned after 5 seasons at the helm. Seems like a strange time for a coaching change...
This happened at Occidental last year, and things fell apart.  They ended up playing only three games.
But they also had had no support from the AD and the administration.
Fierce When Roused

Pat Coleman

They also brought someone in from the outside and took some time to do it. CUC promoted from within and did so promptly. I don't think the two are really comparable.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gray Fox

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 27, 2018, 10:03:15 AM
They also brought someone in from the outside and took some time to do it. CUC promoted from within and did so promptly. I don't think the two are really comparable.
That is true.
Fierce When Roused

ecreddevils

Quote from: Ryan Stoppable on August 17, 2018, 01:46:56 PM
2018 NACC Preseason Poll
1. Lakeland (12), 123
2. Aurora (3), 105
3. Benedictine, 88
4. Eureka (1), 78
5. Wisconsin Lutheran, 66
6. Concordia Wisconsin, 44
7. Concordia Chicago, 39
8. Rockford, 33

EC joins the NACC after it's first ever NCAA postseason appearance.  This team lost some starters on defense, but still has anchors in DE Macae Skaggs, C Trevon Moore and returning S Tony Greenwood.  EC brings back a load of offensive firepower, including All-American running back Le'Anthony Reasnover, QB Drew Barth, and the entire receiving corps.   

Preseason polls are what they are--that said, this is not the program that NACC teams picked on 10-15 years ago, and should have a chip on its shoulder after being picked 4th.  Time to go out and prove it.

Pat Coleman

They may have a chip on their shoulder but I think Eureka in fourth is the right place. I know the NACC isn't the best of conferences but the Red Devils won literally the worst conference in D3 last year. 

Captain_Joe08

I concur with Pat here. For me I think they could've been picked maybe a spot higher but right now, they need to prove that they are contenders on the field this year. IMO I think it'll go.

1. Lakeland
2. Bendictine
3. Eureka
4. Aurora
5. WLC
6. CUW
7. CUC
8. Rockford
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions