BB: PrAC: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Warrior

Sam Mann leads the PAC in strikeouts per 7 innings and hit batsmen.  This guy threw at his own dad in a father/son game.
SV Rowdy Rowdy

Coach_Tuna

It's a shame that the school couldn't keep Coach Bus, due to the fact that the income he would make at W&J, is not enough to pay for his habit of paying for girlfriends.  As for Coach Buzz, coaching fantasy league's will have to help in keeping the dream alive.

Fred Redd

How's the PrAC going to shape up this year? W&J has been the powerhouse in that conference over the past few years but they've lost a bunch of seniors. Thiel looks to be good and you can't count out Thomas More and Westminster. Will W&J have a good shot this year or will someone else figure to get the automatic NCAA bid for 2008?

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Fred Redd on September 10, 2007, 06:51:13 PM
How's the PrAC going to shape up this year? W&J has been the powerhouse in that conference over the past few years but they've lost a bunch of seniors. Thiel looks to be good and you can't count out Thomas More and Westminster. Will W&J have a good shot this year or will someone else figure to get the automatic NCAA bid for 2008?

from my reports, W&J had a good recruiting class last year and you should start to see their contributions this season.  If they did as well this year, they should have someone to rep[lace Mann and Pfiel.

Fred Redd

Yeah, I know that W&J is young but talented. Young pitching staff and some good positional players coming up. It will be interesting to see how the younger players mature this year. The two following years they should be pretty stacked.

Fred Redd

Anybody see any teams from the PrAC on spring trips yet? What teams look strong so far?

Spence

Quote from: Jim Dixon on September 10, 2007, 07:21:25 PM
Quote from: Fred Redd on September 10, 2007, 06:51:13 PM

from my reports, W&J had a good recruiting class last year and you should start to see their contributions this season.  If they did as well this year, they should have someone to rep[lace Mann and Pfiel.

IMO sophomore pitcher Mike Gielata holds a lot of the cards re: how good W&J is this year. Didn't get a lot of IP in his FR year but was pretty well regarded out of HS and had 9Ks in 9.2 IP last year. He looks like their best shot at a bona fide ace.

Fred Redd

Looks like Thomas More is a lock for home venue for the playoffs. Westminster and Grove City control their destany but have play for their spot and forth place Theil is in pretty good shape with only two PrAC games to go with Bethany. W&J has their work cut out for them and have been hit with two key injuries this year but still have a chance if they win out in the PrAC and get some help. TMC is a mature team and has to be the favorite for the NCAA automatic but anything can happen in the tournament. 

Fred Redd

:) Anybody out there in the PrAC have a computer?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Fred Redd on April 28, 2008, 10:54:30 PM
:) Anybody out there in the PrAC have a computer?
Welcome aboard!

Keep posting facts, local newspaper hyperlinks and your impressions and someone will find you!

+1  :)

Fred Redd

Unofficial Vegas odds for PrAC tourney: Thomas More 8-5
                                                               Thiel               2-1
                                                               Westminster  5-1
                                                               Grove City      20-1

old scot

Fred Redd,
              I don't know much about the Presidents Conference but, reviewing the standings I'll go with your odds.

What happened to W&J? They had some nice wins over Otterbein, Mount Union, and Denison. I should think they would have challenged for a spot in the conference tourney.

Fred Redd

They were a young team that had a majority of sophomores and and a freshman starting. The were capable of beating almost anybody if they were on or losing if they weren't. They tied Div I Duquesne 7-7 in eleven innings yesterday even though they got nearly everybody into the game. W&J had two key injuries ( one soph. starting pitcher who has been struggling to rehab all season and  the soph. starting second baseman who was on track for a great season.) Hopefully, both will be back to full capability next season.

Don't count on W&J to miss the playoffs next year. I would have to consider them to be a contender for the PrAC automatic bid in 2009 and 2010.

mideastfan2

tough loss for Thomas Moore in the opening game of the tournament.....I think they need to make a run and win four in a row to get into the Regional tournament.   

I don't think they have a shot at a Pool C bid at all.

Good luck to the teams in the PAC!!

Fred Redd

Didn't see the TMC opening loss to Grove City coming. This elevates Thiel's chances big time but TMC is far from done.