FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewaterboy

Quote from: ITH radio on July 05, 2018, 03:46:59 PM
Sorry to see this in a way, but had a feeling it was coming:

http://mountaineast.org/news/2018/7/5/general-frostburg-state-set-to-join-mountain-east-conference.aspx
This is a bummer. Wesley @ Frostburg was always a game that was circled on the family calendar. Halfway between Ohio and Delaware.

Teamski

Yeah that sux.  Frostburg was once a steam roll for Wesley in the ACFC but that is certainly no longer the case.   They are a different team now.    There is a lot of history between Wesley and Frostburg and I will miss that a lot.  Too many changes.......Can't handle......

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Oline89

Wesley fans, you guys picked up a terrific DC in the 11th hour!  Joe Bottiglieri brings a wealth of football knowledge with him, spent he last 5 years as the DC at Lehigh University (I think it was his second stint at Lehigh).  I don't think the defensive unit will miss a beat during this tough coaching transition.

thewaterboy

Quote from: Oline79 on July 11, 2018, 09:15:28 AM
Wesley fans, you guys picked up a terrific DC in the 11th hour!  Joe Bottiglieri brings a wealth of football knowledge with him, spent he last 5 years as the DC at Lehigh University (I think it was his second stint at Lehigh).  I don't think the defensive unit will miss a beat during this tough coaching transition.
Did not know much about him when I heard the news. Looks like he also spent time at Drass' alma mater (Mansfield). Hopefully the Wesley program can start firing as close to all cylinders as they can now.

@d3jason

He was the head coach at Mansfield when Mike played there.

Teamski

Sounds like good news to me!  I am also thrilled to see Coach Az bumped up to offensive coordinator.  He is a hero in my book and his positive waves are infectious!  Awesome stuff!

-Ski

RowanPhan

Sounds like Rowan's camp starts in about 15 days.  Hoping for a productive and safe camp for all the NJAC squads!
Go Rowan!

dlippiel

Quote from: RowanPhan on July 25, 2018, 09:36:19 AM
Sounds like Rowan's camp starts in about 15 days.  Hoping for a productive and safe camp for all the NJAC squads!

Best of luck to the Profs this year. dlip is always rooting for them and hoping they can return to the form of yesteryear on a consistent basis. For some reason to dlip a strong Profs team is a good thing for the East Region. Why??? He has no ****ing idea. Go profs!

CNU85

Can't wait for the season! CNU starts practice soon, too. My favorite time of year! CNU has a few assistant coaching changes. Defense looks solid again. They should be even better. We just need some depth to finish games on offense. Started 4-1 and finished 1-4. Injuries were key. 5-5 seasons at CNU is just not cool! The NJAC is so tough. though. Depth needs to improve. Looking forward to see the new guys coming in.

Teamski

Quote from: CNU85 on July 26, 2018, 09:35:15 AM

Can't wait for the season! CNU starts practice soon, too. My favorite time of year! CNU has a few assistant coaching changes. Defense looks solid again. They should be even better. We just need some depth to finish games on offense. Started 4-1 and finished 1-4. Injuries were key. 5-5 seasons at CNU is just not cool! The NJAC is so tough. though. Depth needs to improve. Looking forward to see the new guys coming in.

CNU can be a tough nut to crack!  I think they will have a good season this year.

-Ski

CNU85

I just noticed KICKOFF will be available in 2 weeks!

CNU85

CNUSPORTS.COM has a few football videos. Coach discusses the upcoming season. Each clip is about 2 minutes. Fills the void, temporarily until Sept 1.

CNU85

https://youtu.be/oujTnt2LF60?t=7

Here is the first link. Once on the youtube page you can view the other videos.

Teamski

Congrads to E.J. Lee, Wesley's starting running back for making the D3Football.com preseason second team All America team.  He certainly deserved it!

-Ski

@d3jason

I am excited for another season too. Just talked to every coach in the NJAC over the past few weeks. Make sure you get kickoff! Just filed my capsules today.