MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 20, 2017, 03:48:06 PM
Any idea why Davis left the program?

Rumors abound in situations like this... the  grass is always greener on the other side... one thing I heard, and have mentioned before, is that the good player relationship built between Davis and Cameron at the JC level where they played on the same team was an influence, and that is understandable... a scorer always likes having a true point guard to get him the ball...
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Greek Tragedy

It will be interesting if it effects Brent Long's production. Davis could cut into his shots and production, but on the other hand, Davis could really open things up for Long down low. With Davis on board, I'm not certain that Long will average 19+ a game.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 22, 2017, 10:40:07 AM
It will be interesting if it effects Brent Long's production. Davis could cut into his shots and production, but on the other hand, Davis could really open things up for Long down low. With Davis on board, I'm not certain that Long will average 19+ a game.

I'd imagine that Coach Creal is putting much thought into keeping both at a very productive level!!! ;) ;)

hopefan

Here's something new to get you SLIAC fans gabbing...

Hopefan's preseason All Conference

First Team

PG  Mike Cameron... Mac
2-3  Shea Feehan ...  Eureka
2-3  Trevaughn Goodman... Prin
4    Kendall Davis.... Mac
4-5  Brent Long... Mac

2nd Team
PG    Johari Dix... Greenville
2-3    Brock Butler...  Iowa Wesleyan
2-3    Micah Paulson... Prin
4       Mitch Drey.... Iowa Wesleyan
4-5    Parker Davidson..  Prin

HM   Rylan Rowe... Spalding
HM   Jack Lake..... Fontbonne
HM    Tanner Cochrane....  Westminster
HM    Jimmy Villabalos.... Westminster

ooooohh.. again the kiss of death for Mac... 3 on the first team!!

Greek Tragedy

You obviously know more than I do when it comes to the SLIAC, but Brock Butler may crack the 1st team based solely on anticipated production, just by looking at Iowa Wesleyan's losses from graduation and players not returning.

When it comes to fantasy leagues, I'll have a close eye on the league yet again as I have Feehan, Butler and Long on various teams. Kendall Davis and Parker Davidson are also on FC Grizzlies team(s) if I recall correctly.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 23, 2017, 08:28:48 AM
You obviously know more than I do when it comes to the SLIAC, but Brock Butler may crack the 1st team based solely on anticipated production, just by looking at Iowa Wesleyan's losses from graduation and players not returning.

When it comes to fantasy leagues, I'll have a close eye on the league yet again as I have Feehan, Butler and Long on various teams. Kendall Davis and Parker Davidson are also on FC Grizzlies team(s) if I recall correctly.

DO NOT overlook Trevaugh Goodman... the future of the SLIAC (if Prin continues to put a team on the court)

hopefan

Coach's preseason poll comes out... here it is with hopefan's thoughts...

1) Westminster    Coach Mitchell is well respected... evidently to the point where it is felt the Jays can win with no established 4 or 5 men.  Returning guards are good, the league doesn't have much size, maybe guards can do it alone..

2) MacMurray    Hopefan's pick... Coaches may wonder if this team is (Cohesive, mature, steady... you know what I mean) enough to finish ahead of Westminster...  hopefan thinks they have everything they need to finish first.

3) Greenville..  Coaches must be thinking Coach Barber's recruiting report is impressive, because as the poll writeup shows, little returns from last year's senior laden squad.  But those Greenville recruiting writeups have been overstated in the past... we'll just have to wait and see.. 3rd place baffles me

4) Eureka..  I think EC could be the surprise team of the conference this year... Guards match up well with Westminster, if new big men work out, Eureka could be top two... evidently, Coaches not so sure....

5) Spalding   They actually got a first place vote, but they were so bad last year, I just can't see them coming back that far... Talented but Out of control could define last year's style of play, they'll need to grow up big time to hit top four

6) Webster   Only respect for Coach Bunch gets them this high as they lost virtually everybody... Mystery team along with Greenville as new faces will fill most spots

7) Principia   Coaches evidently felt that a short (number of bodies) roster can't win by putting Prin this low in the standings.  They won with 6 players last year, they may only go with 5 this year... they'll surely need to stay injury free, but the starters match up with any team in the league.... roll the dice...

8) Iowa Wesleyan  a third team losing many regulars, coaches obviously don't think Drey and Butler can do it alone... I too have my doubts about the Aussie contingent, but label this the third mystery team coming into the season

9) Blackburn   that seems about right unless new names are very good

10)  Fontbonne   Will the energy return?  It would be great for the league if the Griffs could win again...    but......

y_jack_lok

^^^ Great reporting hopefan.

ecreddevils

1. EC
2. Mac
3. GC
4. Web
5. Westmin
6. Prin
7. Spaldin
8. FU
9. IWC
10. BC

On another note: EC women bring back 4 starters, 2 all-conference from a 20-8 conference championship team--add an NJCAA all-region post player--get picked second.   >:( ???

hopefan

Fontbonne goes down to UMSL in Exhibition, 93-52....   23 turnovers, 32% from the field

2 interesting points from boxscore:

1) Jack Lake (15 ppg last year) doesn't play.... anyone know if there is an injury? 

2)  Jahmad Wilburn, who never attempted a 3 point shot in 2 years at Webster, makes two in his first time in a Fontbonne uniform!!!  Leads team with 10 points!

ecreddevils

EC played an interesting alumni game yesterday.  Current iteration won 118-117.  Alumni team of Sam Feehan, Greg Kent, Tommy Goulding, Josh Wagner, Brady Wildenrat, Michael Zasada, put up a real fight.  Battle of the Feehan Bros. was entertaining; at one point Sam hit 4 or 5 deep threes in a row. 

Starters were Feehan, Thomas, Dehm (hit two threes to start game), McElmurry, Wiegand--Juergens, Sanders, and Ahnafield gave good minutes off the bench. Freshman Legrande showed flashes in limited minutes.  D-1 North Texas and Loyola will be good experience games this weekend. 

hopefan

Happy to report Jack Lake Fontbonne is fine. Missed UMSL game with bug. Griffs obviously must have him.

hopefan

Quote from: ecreddevils on November 06, 2017, 11:35:35 AM
EC played an interesting alumni game yesterday.  Current iteration won 118-117.  Alumni team of Sam Feehan, Greg Kent, Tommy Goulding, Josh Wagner, Brady Wildenrat, Michael Zasada, put up a real fight.  Battle of the Feehan Bros. was entertaining; at one point Sam hit 4 or 5 deep threes in a row. 

Starters were Feehan, Thomas, Dehm (hit two threes to start game), McElmurry, Wiegand--Juergens, Sanders, and Ahnafield gave good minutes off the bench. Freshman Legrande showed flashes in limited minutes.  D-1 North Texas and Loyola will be good experience games this weekend.

Thanks EC....  Any idea on scoring for the current guys??

hopefan

Yikes... Blackburn falls at Drury, 117-45... a tough first half for BC, down 44-17 at half time, turns very ugly in the 2nd half as they give up 73 more points to Drury.  I will say that EVERYONE on the BC roster got time on the court, which could account for the horrendous 2nd half result....31 turnovers for the game!!!

A little disconcerting... no mention of the exhibition on Blackburn's pages... before or after the game....

ecreddevils

Quote from: hopefan on November 06, 2017, 02:32:35 PM
Quote from: ecreddevils on November 06, 2017, 11:35:35 AM

Thanks EC....  Any idea on scoring for the current guys??

No stats kept, but pretty evenly distributed scoring.  Shea was Shea, I'm sure he went over 30 pts.--Jordan Dehm had a nice game, well into double figures.