NAC

Started by Ralph Turner, September 24, 2004, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Mr.Know Most Of It on February 16, 2018, 09:05:16 AM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 15, 2018, 11:13:33 PM
Quote from: Mr.Know Most Of It on February 15, 2018, 12:05:27 PM
Quote from: Mr.Know Most Of It on February 01, 2018, 01:07:32 PM
What school has the best chance to knock off Husson this year come playoff time? NEC looks good but they had a rough weekend in Maine last week. Colby Sawyer has the talent but didn't fare well in their first match-up with the Eagles. Is UMF the quiet sleeper? Looking forward to their game against Husson on the 14th.

I had a sneaky suspicion about this game. Where does NEC play the playoff games now that they most likely will host? That gym can't facilitate 4 teams and their fans.

Last I knew... the team that earned it. And last I checked, not all four teams or fan bases tend to be in the gym at the same time. ;)

OK wise guy I know they earned it and they are the top seed but have you ever been in that gym? Four rows of bleachers on one side. Two feet on the baseline and two locker rooms in the entire building. And seeing how there is 25 min between the first and second game, you need more than 2 locker rooms and yes fans from 4 schools will be in the gym at once.

Maybe they just put an hour between games?  It's not too hard to work around that.  Lots of small New England schools have similar facility issues.  They'll work it out.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

They will work it out.. and they won't punish a team. It isn't like these are money makers. The only restrictions on gyms comes at the NCAA tournament level.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Gray Fox

Any NAC fans out there.
Fierce When Roused

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

BUZZLYNDONVILLE

Quote from: Gray Fox on December 18, 2018, 08:55:04 PM
Any NAC fans out there.
https://www.nacathletics.com/general/2019-20/releases/20190816fziny7

NAC add 3 schools from NEAC.
Conference expand East West division in future. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: BUZZLYNDONVILLE on May 09, 2020, 06:01:57 AM
Any NAC fans out there.

Yes ... we've known about this for roughly a year. You will notice this announcement was Aug. 16 last year ... and D3sports has been following this for even longer (I just can't remember when I may have been public about the news).

Gray Fox

Quote from: BUZZLYNDONVILLE on May 09, 2020, 06:01:57 AM
Any NAC fans out there.

Thanks for posting.  This board needs some active followers
Fierce When Roused

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: cantdothat on December 16, 2020, 04:43:12 PM
https://athletics.umf.maine.edu/general/2020-21/releases/20201216nth53q

UMF back! UMPI too.

I have to wonder where they will be allowed to play. Maine has a lot of tight restrictions forcing some like Maine Maritime and Southern Maine to make very different plans.

cantdothat

"d-mac"
I"m hearing their home gyms. They think they can get it done with around 45 people in the gym which is under the 50 people limit.
UMaine can't (won't) produce home games at the D1 level under that limit.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: cantdothat on December 16, 2020, 05:05:40 PM
"d-mac"
I"m hearing their home gyms. They think they can get it done with around 45 people in the gym which is under the 50 people limit.
UMaine can't (won't) produce home games at the D1 level under that limit.

People in the gyms is NOT the issue and not the kind of restrictions Maine and other states are putting up that would keep teams form being able to play.

Leaving the state and it requiring a 14-day quarantine is a big one. Southern Maine has already said they won't play anyone further than two hours away - basically so they can get home in one night.

Fans and who are in the gym ... is the smallest issue.

BUZZLYNDONVILLE

this season will be hold conference tourney ??
or implement only regular season ??  :-[