Mis shows dominance over New Rochelle winning by 15 at Vassar

Kings drops another but shows they do have the ability to score

Eastern will take on Maryville of Tennessee- should be a good contest

Florham off to a 2-2 start and a winnable game vs Stevenson

Del Val travels to #14 Swarthmore- tough one for the Aggies whole are 2-0

Wilkes will take on LVC

A talented Manhattanville team will take on Ogelthorpe

CCHoopster

A break in action for the Freedom. Here's a quick Good, So So, Not so So take on the conference after a few short weeks.

The Good:

Eastern- What a start for the Eagles. Taking down 2 ranked opponents and an Albright team that went to the NCAA Tournament last year. Playoff lock this year.

Wilkes- 20 game winner last year, return all but 1 starter and 1 role player. Off to a clean 4-0 start and will be a playoff lock.

Misericordia- 3-1 start for the Cougars. Back to back champs will have every chance to make a run at a third title. Bad loss to Abington but the cougars are a lock for the playoffs.

DeSales- Good wins over Rosemont, Catholic and Lancaster Bible... Good losses to Moravian, Princeton and Hopkins. Bulldogs will be hunting for the 4th playoff spot.

The So So

Manhattanville is off to a strong start after losing 3 starters and two major role players. They may have the best player in the league in Sean Smith and will be challenging for the playoffs with DeSales.

Del Val is off to a 3-2 start (only 5 wins last year) with losses to #8 Swarthmore Garnet and Hood who only has one loss. Outside looking in on the playoffs. Won't be shocked if they make it, don't see it.

The Not so So

FDU has a new coach and is starting a new era. They've been competitive with a good win vs Yeshiva. That's about what you can ask for at this point. No playoffs this year. A few years away at best.

King's will struggle mightily this year. Lost nearly 40 points per game from last years team. They will compete hard and will be coached very well, but the playoffs aren't in the cards for them.

CCHoopster

Week 1 in MACF play:

1/5
DeSales 78 FDU 66
Eastern 92 Kings 68
Del Val 76 Manhattanville 68
Misericordia 87 Wilkes 79

1/8
Eastern 85 Del Val 69
DeSales 81 Kings 66
Wilkes 82 Manhattanville 73
Misericordia 84 FDU 70

CCHoopster

Quote from: CCHoopster on December 02, 2018, 06:26:12 PM
Week 1 in MACF play:

1/5
DeSales 78 FDU 66
Eastern 92 Kings 68

Hit 3 of 4. A good win for Wilkes over Misericordia. Sticking with my picks for Saturday. Some score altering though...

1/8
Eastern 78 Del Val 72
DeSales 76 Kings 68
Wilkes 88 Manhattanville 77
Misericordia 84 FDU 66

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: CCHoopster on December 06, 2018, 12:43:39 PM
Week 1 in MACF play:

1/5
DeSales 78 FDU 66
Eastern 92 Kings 68

Hit 3 of 4. A good win for Wilkes over Misericordia. Sticking with my picks for Saturday. Some score altering though...

1/8
Eastern 78 Del Val 72
DeSales 76 Kings 68
Wilkes 88 Manhattanville 77
Misericordia 84 FDU 66

How the hell did FDU beat Misericordia....................and DelVal win AT Eastern???

CCHoopster

I don't have an answer for Mis and FDU. Things happen in conference and sometimes it snows in April.

As for Eastern and Del Val... I mentioned I thought Del Val was a team that can beat and lose to any team.  They proved that.  It looks like they were also without a starter who DNP. Good days for FDU and DVU.

DeSales wins a close one over King's, moving to 2-0. This could be a surprisingly good DeSales team come mid January because they must be a team to win and that's how they play their best.

Wilkes keeps it rolling and moves to 6-1,2-0. Looks like they are going to be a really solid team finding ways to win like last year.

CCHoopster

Week 1 in MACF play:

1/5
DeSales 78 FDU 66
Eastern 92 Kings 68

1/8
Eastern 85 Del Val 69
DeSales 81 Kings 66
Misericordia 84 FDU 70

5-3 on the week. I must say, really no chance I thought DVU and FDU were winning. Impressive by the Aggies.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: CCHoopster on December 09, 2018, 06:48:00 AM
Week 1 in MACF play:

1/5
DeSales 78 FDU 66
Eastern 92 Kings 68

1/8
Eastern 85 Del Val 69
DeSales 81 Kings 66
Misericordia 84 FDU 70

5-3 on the week. I must say, really no chance I thought DVU and FDU were winning. Impressive by the Aggies.

DVU played without Singleton (who had been starting) and Russell (about 6'5") comes back before the next game. I haven't made it out to a game yet but they are surprising me. If the coach can add a few pieces to Washington and Robinson (nice sophomores)...............Cianculli, Myers, Singleton and Russell (juniors), they could have a nice team next year, especially when looking at what Wilkes, Misericordia and Eastern all lose. I still have Wilkes, Miser, DeSales and Eastern ahead of DelVal (so did the coaches in the poll) but we'll see. That's why they play the games.

CCHoopster

The Stevens Ducks who will join the MACF next year are currently 7-2 with wins over FDU and Alvernia from the MAC. They will graduate 4 of their top 8 players in scoring p/g. This conference will be much better next year.

CCHoopster

Bored here at work. My rankings of Freedom teams through two games:

1- Wilkes
2- Eastern
3- DeSales
4- DVU
5- Miser
6- FDU
7- Mville
8- Kings

CCHoopster

Quote from: CCHoopster on December 11, 2018, 09:20:13 PM

1- Wilkes
2- Eastern
3- DeSales
4- DVU
5- Miser
6- FDU
7- Mville
8- Kings

Some changes here. On social media it looks as if Eastern All Conference Center V. Pena May be done for the season. Any news here? Wishing the best for this senior. DeSales and Wilkes both had big wins last night.

Wilkes
DeSales
Del Val
Eastern
FDU
Misericordia
Manhattanville
Kings

Tonight:

Misericordia at Wesley College: Wesley 87 Misericordia 79

Del Val home vs Bryn Athyn: DVU 79 BA 71

ronk

I'd move Manhattanville up to 3rd despite their 30-pt loss @ Scranton; leading scorer Sean Smith hardly played with foul trouble and Scranton shot 60+ % from the field, not likely to happen again.

CCHoopster

Quote from: ronk on December 19, 2018, 01:58:32 PM
I'd move Manhattanville up to 3rd despite their 30-pt loss @ Scranton; leading scorer Sean Smith hardly played with foul trouble and Scranton shot 60+ % from the field, not likely to happen again.

Third as in, in front of Misericordia or third overall?

CCHoopster

Quote from: CCHoopster on December 19, 2018, 11:56:02 AM
Quote from: CCHoopster on December 11, 2018, 09:20:13 PM

1- Wilkes
2- Eastern
3- DeSales
4- DVU
5- Miser
6- FDU
7- Mville
8- Kings

Some changes here. On social media it looks as if Eastern All Conference Center V. Pena May be done for the season. Any news here? Wishing the best for this senior. DeSales and Wilkes both had big wins last night.

Wilkes
DeSales
Del Val
Eastern
FDU
Misericordia
Manhattanville
Kings

Tonight:

Misericordia at Wesley College: Wesley 87 Misericordia 79

Del Val home vs Bryn Athyn: DVU 79 BA 71

Good win for Misericordia. Their center looks to be having some good games.

ronk

Quote from: CCHoopster on December 19, 2018, 03:55:07 PM
Quote from: ronk on December 19, 2018, 01:58:32 PM

Third as in, in front of Misericordia or third overall?

Third, as in after only Wilkes and DeSales.