Division III football rivalries

Started by K-Mack, June 13, 2007, 01:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Mack

School yourselves.

http://www.rmc.edu/athletics/football/the_game.pdf

As far as the NESCAC, I will listen with great interest. The comments above, especially on indentured servitude, strike a chord.

On the other hand, I'd like to talk about rivalries here at some point. The Turkey. The Shoes. The Bell. Get a clue.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

HScoach

As long as a NESCAC school doesn't ever break Mount Union's 55 game winning streak record, then I could care less if they play only amongst themselves. 

If the OAC had chosen to opt out of the NCAA playoffs then MUC's record would have been 110 straight wins.  But would that carry the same weight if they weren't tested against the rest of the nation in the playoffs?  Not even close.

I realize this is an extremely self-centered attitude being a MUC guy, but at least I'm being honest. ;D
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Breckenridgebear

So, is anyone getting excited for the Monon Bell Game?
DePauw Never Quits

"This happens every year. It's the mere stupidity of supposedly mature college kids acting like a bunch of horse's dicks." - Officer Keller, The Crawfordsville Police Department

Ron Boerger

Come back in a couple of weeks.   ;)

wally_wabash

Quote from: Breckenridgebear on October 21, 2008, 02:09:40 PM
So, is anyone getting excited for the Monon Bell Game?

Conference title on the line this Saturday....after that we'll have a good three weeks to chat about the reclamation of the Monon Bell.   :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

K-Mack

Why do you have to reclaim it? Shouldn't it have taken up permanent residency in Crawfordsville by now?
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Schwami

It's rightful place is and always has been in Crawfordsville, but alas, it does not have permanent residency there.

Go Wabash, the Hampden-Sydney of the Midwest  ;D

Quote from: K-Mack on October 23, 2008, 12:35:37 PM
Why do you have to reclaim it? Shouldn't it have taken up permanent residency in Crawfordsville by now?
Long shall we sing thy praises, Old Wabash

wally_wabash

Quote from: K-Mack on October 23, 2008, 12:35:37 PM

Oh, if wishing made it so! 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

K-Mack

Quote from: Schwami on October 23, 2008, 03:07:44 PM
It's rightful place is and always has been in Crawfordsville, but alas, it does not have permanent residency there.

Go Wabash, the Hampden-Sydney of the Midwest  ;D

Now you see why I was getting a dig in there.

The similarities, right down to the colors (sorta) are uncanny.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

muledaddy

Mates,

How can I learn the history behind this week's Little Brown Bucket game between Gettysburg and Dickinson? Thanks for all help.

Breckenridgebear

Monon Tickets for sale at Depauw Bookstore today Oct 27.

(765) 658-4926
DePauw Never Quits

"This happens every year. It's the mere stupidity of supposedly mature college kids acting like a bunch of horse's dicks." - Officer Keller, The Crawfordsville Police Department

redswarm81

Quote from: Breckenridgebear on October 27, 2008, 01:37:52 PM
Monon Tickets for sale at Depauw Bookstore today Oct 27.

(765) 658-4926

>:(  :o  >:( And you wait until AFTER 1:37:51 pm to tell us??!?!?  :D
Irritating SAT-lagging Union undergrads and alums since 1977

'gro

Saturday's Dutchman Shoes Trophy Game to be Televised

TROY, N.Y. – For the fourth straight year, the oldest college football rivalry in New York State will be broadcast live in the Capital Region. This Saturday's game between Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) and Union College at Rensselaer's '86 Field in Troy will be aired live on Time Warner Cable beginning at 1pm.

Saturday's game, the 107th meeting between the two schools who play for the Dutchman Shoes Trophy, will be shown live on channel 3. The game will also be broadcast live on the radio at WRPI, 91.5 FM, and on the Internet at www.wrpi.org. A live webcast is available from www.rpiathletics.com.

K-Mack

Can a brother get a dub of the Time Warner Cable broadcast?
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

redswarm81

Quote from: K-Mack on October 29, 2008, 11:16:06 PM
Can a brother get a dub of the Time Warner Cable broadcast?

Let's hope to heck the camera crew goes to the right place.   :D

From tonights Around the Nation column:

QuoteNo. 22 RPI (6-0, 4-0 LL) at (???)  Union (3-3, 2-2)
Irritating SAT-lagging Union undergrads and alums since 1977