BB: Regionals (Central) Rock Island '08, '10, Moline '09, Bloomington IL '11

Started by Ralph Turner, May 11, 2008, 11:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_b

Quote from: Just Bill on May 15, 2008, 03:39:45 PM
Linfield 5, IWU 4.  Top seed in the Central is 2-and-out.  Stunner!
Here's the boxscore from the Linfield website:

http://www.linfield.edu/sports/stats/bb/iwu0515.htm

Ralph Turner

Quote from: mr_b on May 15, 2008, 03:52:45 PM

Can we spell "p-a-r-i-t-y"?  ;)

BigPoppa

WOW! I am shocked! I did not see this coming.

I have to turn my attention to Augustana in the Central. Go Vikes!
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 15, 2008, 03:55:37 PM
Quote from: mr_b on May 15, 2008, 03:52:45 PM

Can we spell "p-a-r-i-t-y"?  ;)

Last year, despite going an unprecedented 20-1 in the CCIW and hosting the regional, IWU also went 2-and-out (including a first-round upset by Webster).  I'm afraid the Titans' postseasons are starting to be spelled "p-a-r-o-d-y". :(

mr_b

UW-Whitewater 14, Carthage 0 in the 5th.  The Warhawks put 8 across in the third and 6 in the 4th, while Carthage has only 2 hits through five.  The Redmen have also committed four errors.  Ouch.

wildcat11

Quote from: CAT BAT 22 on May 15, 2008, 12:44:15 AM
not sure who was announcing the Linfield / SP game... it was painful to listen to... aside from the Cats leaving the bases loaded in the 8th (1-1 tie with no outs), and then popping up to 3rd in the 9th on the suicide sqeeze (inning ending double play)... the announcer covering the game sounded like he had never seen a baseball game in his life

"tagged out at home base"  ....   "the batter gets a hold of that one ... and the second baseman picks it up and throws to first for the out"...  He may have even been a Linfield guy... but anyone that heard the broadcast has to back me up on this...

Go Cats

Cat Bat 22,

Our (Linfield) SID is doing the play-by-play.  I'm thankful that he's doing it instead of just hanging out and putting together a game story and making us wait for the score after the fact.  

The guy is a first rate SID and while doing play-by-play may not be his best skill at least he's trying to give us 'Cats fan something we can hear live.  Try to be thankful for the guys effort.

augie28

Augie 4- Stevens Point 3

No matter how good or bad he may be, at least Linfield can follow all of their games! 

augie28

that sets this up for the rest of the weekend

Friday:

12:00 - Webster (1-1) vs. UWSP (1-1)
3:30 - Linfield (1-1) vs. Wartburg (1-1)
7:00 - Winner of Web/UWSP (2-1) vs. Augie (2-0)

and saturday will look like this

If Augie Wins on Friday:

12:00 - Augie vs. winner of Lin/Wart
3:30 - If neccesary

If Augie Loses on Friday:

12:00 - Augie vs. winner of Lin/Wart
3:30 - Winner of 12:00 game vs. Winner of Web/UWSP game

augie28

Just a little more on the augie game now that the box score is out...

Soph Matt Erickson threw 8 innings giving up 1 ER.  Erickson started the year in the rotation but did not pitch much in-conference all season.  He picked the right time to have a huge game.

UWSP scored 1 in the top of the 1st.
Augie came back with single runs in the 6th, 7th, and 8th to go up 3-1.
UWSP scored 2 in the top of the 9th to tie it...all with two outs.
Augie led off the 9th with a walk and then it looks like Blakeley scored him from 1st with two outs.

CAT BAT 22

Quote from: wildcat11 on May 15, 2008, 07:35:00 PM
Quote from: CAT BAT 22 on May 15, 2008, 12:44:15 AM
not sure who was announcing the Linfield / SP game... it was painful to listen to... aside from the Cats leaving the bases loaded in the 8th (1-1 tie with no outs), and then popping up to 3rd in the 9th on the suicide sqeeze (inning ending double play)... the announcer covering the game sounded like he had never seen a baseball game in his life

"tagged out at home base"  ....   "the batter gets a hold of that one ... and the second baseman picks it up and throws to first for the out"...  He may have even been a Linfield guy... but anyone that heard the broadcast has to back me up on this...

Go Cats

I didn't know it was Kelly until today's broadcast.  I apologize for what i said earlier ... i agree with your post.  My bad..... but Kelly... c'mon man... "home base" LOL.... 

Cat Bat 22,

Our (Linfield) SID is doing the play-by-play.  I'm thankful that he's doing it instead of just hanging out and putting together a game story and making us wait for the score after the fact.  

The guy is a first rate SID and while doing play-by-play may not be his best skill at least he's trying to give us 'Cats fan something we can hear live.  Try to be thankful for the guys effort.

kritterhawk

Quote from: kritterhawk on May 13, 2008, 10:56:37 PM
Great post with some good info augie_superfan.

I will predict that Augustana's bats will return to HOT as they were before the CCIW tournament.  I will also say that there will be atleast two Augustana Pitchers (that are not on the list you provided) that will have a impact on what happens in the next several days...Erickson & Engle. 

LET THE GAMES BEGIN BOYS!  Let's get it on.

I'm on the money so far.  Erickson pitched a tremendous game last night vs W-SP and Engle takes the mound tonight.  It's time for Augustana to leave no doubt.
"It only hurts until the pain goes away."

Buster

How is it that every other regional has either live stats or audio, but the only team at the Augustana regional that I can keep up with is Linfield? Somebody should be in BIG trouble for this. Augustana will be hard pressed to host another regionals anytime soon!

augie28

Webster 9 - UWSP 7

That leaves Webster (2-1) vs. Augie (2-0) tonight at 7:00.

Buster

Anyone know how to get information on the Augustana/Webster game without having to wait until 11PM when they finally post, 1 hour after the final out?

Got to hear parts of the Linfield/Wartburg game (I thought the announcer was fine!) Found the Webster/UWSP results on their site way before Augustana posted them.

I hope Augustana plays Linfield tomorrow, if only so that I can listen!

Dang Augie!

Buster

From Webster Website, as of 8:25 PM CST, they show 6-0. No inning mentioned. I can only assume that means Webster 6, Augie 0. Anyone else hear anything?