FB: Midwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grboob

Mac looked good at home.  It will be interesting to see what happens against St. Norberts  It the Knights win then there is a 3 way tie in the North.  Right??

fulbakdad

Yes, so when there is no head to head winner, it goes to Quarters led.......

gbpuckfan

Quote from: grboob on November 01, 2014, 05:13:02 PM
Mac looked good at home.  It will be interesting to see what happens against St. Norbert.  It the Knights win then there is a 3 way tie in the North.  Right??

fyp

;D
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

scottie

Whoa!  Oughtta make for some interesting chatter on the board this week.   ::)
HEY PAL, DON'T BLOCK THE SHOT!

wnc52

If Monmouth handles business as they should against Knox and Cornell beats IC...the south is in a 3-way tie scenario too, correct?  On paper, it seems like a game IC should win, but you never know.

fulbakdad

scottie

Gooooooooo Rams!  The MWC needs a Scots vs. Scots championship in the first renewal of the playoff.  :)  Or at least a Knights vs. Scots championship game....as things should be.   ;)
HEY PAL, DON'T BLOCK THE SHOT!

fulbakdad

I do believe it will be a Blueboy vs Scots Scottie....... Sorry

gbpuckfan

SNC leads LU 24-0 at half. All scoring in second quarter, I believe
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

hickory_cornhusker

Assuming SNC holds on against Lawrence the North Division quarters led rankings heading into the final week of divisional play is:

MAC: 14
CU:   12
SNC: 12

sncdangler

How sour will the MIAC be if Macalester wins the MWC AQ after losing to Hamline? Better yet, how sour will the MWC be if Macalester wins the MWC AQ after losing to Hamline?

TwoArmedScot

I know it would be hard to believe, but maybe...just maybe...Macalester is BACK!  Maybe it's time that people forget about what happened at Macalester 30 YEARS AGO!  Maybe, just maybe, Macalester deserves some credit for actually improving and getting better.  They are doing things that have never been accomplished before at Macalester.  If people would just open their eyes and actually look into some FACTS about the program...and not base their judgments off of something that happened (AND I REPEAT) 30 YEARS AGO, they might realize that things have changed?????

But I'm just one man and that's just one man's opinion.

They have to prove it next week at SNC!

P.S.  There will always be some kind of fundamental flaw with the system.  Is Macalester a top 25 team now that they beat Carroll who was supposedly #24?  No!  Macalester, if they were to win the MWC, isn't better than St. Thomas, but would be in the playoffs.  No matter who wins the MWC conference, I guarantee they are not better than a St. Thomas who probably may not make the playoffs.  How does that make sense? 

gbpuckfan

TwoArmedScot - it makes sense because the NCAA operates "national" tournaments, not tournaments of the best x number of teams in any given sport

Using men's hoops as the example. The NCAA wants the Horizon League champ - Butler from a few years ago - to have an automatic bid, be Cinderalla, and almost win the tournament. Or be Florida Gulf Coast and get to the Sweet 16. That only happens if conference champs get in

Would the #2 WIAC or MIAC team be better than the MWC champ in a purely at large process? Yep. But it's a national tournament so that doesn't happen.  It is conference winners and others to "fill out" the field.

gbpuckfan

And every team - including UST and Platteville - know those obstacles exist. Just as MWC teams know a struggle for ranking and the limited possibility of football playoff home games. Different ponds, different issues.

TwoArmedScot

OK, you make good points.

So my question then, is why does the fact that MAC lost to Hamline have to say something bad about the MIAC or the MWC?  Maybe the fact that Macalester turned the ball over 5 times against Hamline just means that they had a bad game that day.  Every team is susceptible to having a bad day, right?

That's why they play the games.