FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ralph Turner on November 19, 2011, 05:04:38 PM
tigerguy, TU did play well, but are you aware that McMurry's all-conference QB was on the bench?

Second-team QB Stephen Warren made his first start of the season.

We had 17 special team points taken off the board...

--A long FG due to an offsides penalty

--A blocked punt that got booted out of the end zone and preserved TU with a touchback.

--Another punt return for a TD recalled due to a penalty.

TU had a FG nullified by a penalty.
My bad!  That post was not considerate!

McM Blue Devil

It was a really great game and I think two pretty evenly matched teams.  I was impressed again with Trinity's defense and really thought that Mykissic started off real well, but did struggle with consistency as the game progressed.  Both teams played hard and never gave up.  As with most big games, turnovers and special teams was the difference. There was an unsung hero in my eyes.  When McMurry scored their second half TD, they got some key runs by Austin Brooks.  It was the right change of pace at the right time.  Anyway, a real entertaining game and was proud to be a Warhawk and a Tiger today.

Ron Boerger

OK, finally back home.

I would like to echo what several others have said - simply could not ask for a better defensive effort than we saw today from the TU D.  They only allowed one drive over 35 yards today and never, ever, ever gave up.  The War Hawks had decided size advantages across the board (like the LT, 6'7", 305) and the defense just kept bringing it.  Well done, men. 

The offensive inconsistency continued a late-season trend that started with Centre, almost resulted in a loss at Austin, and today finally bit the team.  Yeah, if Biel'd hit that first field goal (the 54-yarder was a heroic effort that fell just short), it could have made a difference with the team being within a single score, but four INTs (after a total of five all year) ... wow.  Yes, the McM secondary IS very good, but four picks is a killer, and especially on the first or second play of a drive as happened three times today (the other was the third play).    McM's speed advantage also made getting any kind of running game going pretty much impossible.

Congrats to McMurry on the win, which will be the last game between the schools for some time and possibly forever. 

Also want to give a shout to the Centre Colonels, and wish you the best of luck in your trip to Alliance next week.  MUC's not quite the impenetrable foe they have been, but they are still a very, very potent opponent. 

D3_DPUFan

QuoteCentre wins 51-41.Bring on Mount Union. Ha Ha, never thought I'd say that. Way to go boys!

Congrats to the Colonels on a big win!

tigerguy

Ron Boerger

Quote from: tigerguy on November 22, 2011, 05:03:39 PM
Congrats to Trinity's Hagen Kattner for receiving D3's Play of the Week:

http://d3football.com/awards/playoftheweek/2011/week12

That catch was a beauty; Kattner's determination to make that catch when the defender had superior position was amazing.

All-SCAC football selections were announced today:

Offensive POTY:  Shawn Morris, RB, BSC
Defensive POTY:  Ben Robinson, LB, Trinity
Special Teams POY:  Jordan Gay, P/K, Centre
Newcomers:  Jeff Milner, DE, Millsaps and Justin Tolliver, CB, Rhodes [tie]
Coach of the Year:  Tommy Laurendine, Sewanee and Steve Mohr, Trinity [tie]

Congratulations to all!

TigerDad

And, congratulations to Dr. William Campbell of Victoria, Texas ... Bill is the father of injured Trinity OL Justin Campbell ... Bill filmed the TU-McMurry playoff game and posted a highlight reel on YouTube for all to see. 

I was a little disappointed that the D3Football team clipped out the P-O-T-W play including Bill's super-slo-mo version, added the Salem advertisements, but never credited the author/videographer for his fine camera work.  So, I'm doing it here.  Hope y'all will revise the text on the Week 12 Play-of-the-Week to give my friend, Dr. William Campbell, credit where it's due. 

Not being snippy here, y'all just need to credit folks when you borrow their work. IMHO, that is.

And, yes, that was a terrific catch ... fine extra effort by Kattner to snatch that sure interception from the defender's hands.

Happy Thanksgiving to all D3 Football fans ... and good luck to McMurry and/or UMHB in the coming week(s)!
Trinity Tiger Football ... where champions compete on and off the field.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: TigerDad on November 23, 2011, 04:24:43 PM

And, congratulations to Dr. William Campbell of Victoria, Texas ... Bill is the father of injured Trinity OL Justin Campbell ... Bill filmed the TU-McMurry playoff game and posted a highlight reel on YouTube for all to see. 

I was a little disappointed that the D3Football team clipped out the P-O-T-W play including Bill's super-slo-mo version, added the Salem advertisements, but never credited the author/videographer for his fine camera work.  So, I'm doing it here.  Hope y'all will revise the text on the Week 12 Play-of-the-Week to give my friend, Dr. William Campbell, credit where it's due. 

Not being snippy here, y'all just need to credit folks when you borrow their work. IMHO, that is.

And, yes, that was a terrific catch ... fine extra effort by Kattner to snatch that sure interception from the defender's hands.

Happy Thanksgiving to all D3 Football fans ... and good luck to McMurry and/or UMHB in the coming week(s)!

Tiger Dad -- that is great that he did that. However, your assumptions here are simply assumptions and are really off-base.

This is what a Trinity coach sent to us, via email. It was not sent to us as a full reel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NPFth9cUj4 You can see from the Nov. 21 date on this video that it was created first.

If you want to be snippy at someone, make sure you know your facts first.

I'll be glad not to consider Trinity plays in the future if this is the ill-informed reaction from the "fans" of the program.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

purpled

Hello? Is this the Centre board? Anybody home? Was wondering who to watch for Saturday and for those making the trip to A-Town to be safe. Saturday is supposed to be partly sunny and 61 but you'll be in the open stands so be prepared for any type of weather.

Good Luck!
"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer

Ron Boerger

Centre is doing a creditable job at MUC, trailing 16-3 at the half.  The Colonels had driven to the UMU 21 at the end of the half but a holding penalty and a sack forced them to settle for a 47-yard May field goal. 

Ron Boerger

Now 16-10 after a nice drive to open the second half, with the brothers Osterman hooking up on about a 20-yd TD play. 

Ron Boerger

Make that 23-10 after UMU scores on a 7-play, 80 yard drive.

Centre is definitely playing the Mouties tough and have a first down at the UMU 40.

... and on fourth down and the UMU 13, can't complete a pass for the first down.  Darn it.

Ron Boerger

UMU gets another TD on a short drive aided by two personal fouls on the Colonels.  30-10 with 2:53 left in a game where the final score won't reflect how competitive Centre was today.   

Ron Boerger

And it's getting chippy in Alliance with another personal foul called on Centre, then, a couple of plays later, unsportsmanlike conduct on the Raiders.    Centre calls a timeout with 1:04 left facing a fourth-and-15 from their 18. 

Ron Boerger

Centre failed to convert and Mount Union ran out the clock.   There were several dropped passes in key situations by the Colonels, but a heck of an effort from the SCAC runners up, regardless.   Good luck in the SAA, Centre.