FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bashbrother

Wabash has a great drive to open the half.

14-0 - Rice to Christian.

Zurek is amazing.

21-0  Shamir 12 yard run

Nice drive for the offense....

Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

1837Tigers

Matt Hunt 21-of-30 for 244 yds and 3 TDs and 69 yds on 6 carries with a rushing TD.  38-0 DePauw with 6:10 left in 3Q.  He's thrown 17 TDs and 1 INT on the season.

wabashcpa

Quote from: bashbrother on October 17, 2015, 02:42:32 PM
Wabash has a great drive to open the half.

14-0 - Rice to Christian.

Zurek is amazing.

21-0  Shamir 12 yard run

Nice drive for the offense....

I figured 2nd half would look better, looking more like the team we expect to see each week.

bashbrother

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

bashbrother

Li'l Giant

Mason Zurek is like a sprinting polar bear.
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

wabashcpa

35-0 final.

Nice 2nd half, must have had them right where we wanted them at halftime.

Onward.

1837Tigers

College Football, FINAL: DePauw 50, Allegheny 0 -- Tigers  637 yds of offense

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: wabashcpa on October 17, 2015, 02:12:24 PM
Wabash 7, Kenyon 0 at the half.

Not a very inspired effort from the offense, save for Zurek.  I expect the 2nd half to be a different story after some halftime"motivation".

Defense looks solid.

I wouldn't be too worked up about this if I were you guys.  I assume that Raeburn took advantage of a game against an opponent that he knew couldn't score on the Wabash defense to work on a few things.  I'll eat a can of dog food if there's a playoff game where Zurek has 9 carries in the first half while Rice throws 20 passes.  That's not how he wants to play most weeks, but he knew that this week was a good one to work on the passing game a little bit.

It's reasonable to be a little disappointed that Rice and the passing game were not as sharp as you might like, but I wouldn't be panicking that the coaches forgot what they're doing.  This was planned.
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

wabashcpa

Quote from: ExTartanPlayer on October 17, 2015, 03:45:09 PM

Not a very inspired effort from the offense, save for Zurek.  I expect the 2nd half to be a different story after some halftime"motivation".

Defense looks solid.

I wouldn't be too worked up about this if I were you guys.  I assume that Raeburn took advantage of a game against an opponent that he knew couldn't score on the Wabash defense to work on a few things.  I'll eat a can of dog food if there's a playoff game where Zurek has 9 carries in the first half while Rice throws 20 passes.  That's not how he wants to play most weeks, but he knew that this week was a good one to work on the passing game a little bit.

It's reasonable to be a little disappointed that Rice and the passing game were not as sharp as you might like, but I wouldn't be panicking that the coaches forgot what they're doing.  This was planned.

I agree with you, and maybe the halftime speech was "OK, they have had their fun, now we play our game."  Never thought Wabash was in danger of losing, just surprised the spread was only 7 at the half, regardless of what the game plan was.  Next 2-3 weeks may play out the same way.

wally_wabash

Quote from: wabashcpa on October 17, 2015, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: ExTartanPlayer on October 17, 2015, 03:45:09 PM

Defense looks solid.

I agree with you, and maybe the halftime speech was "OK, they have had their fun, now we play our game."  Never thought Wabash was in danger of losing, just surprised the spread was only 7 at the half, regardless of what the game plan was.

There was 252 yards of offense in that first half, which doesn't stink.  If there's a big glaring red flag right now for me it's that Wabash WRs are dropping so many balls.  A pair of freshmen WRs got a lot of snaps today, so this whole dropped passes thing is definitely being noticed.  Need to tidy that up.  Otherwise, excellent game from the LGs from my view.  I think Kenyon's best chance to score came when a LB jumped a screen pass inside the 10 but dropped the pick.  Otherwise, Kenyon didn't threaten to score today and you can't win if you can't score. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

The_Bishop

Hiram with a big 4th quarter comeback to beat OWU today, 32-31.

Anyone see any of this game?
"If we chase perfection - we can catch excellence."  --Vince Lombardi

wabashcpa

Dubuque beats Wartburg, an opportunity to move up to 9.

Time to see if Denison can remain in 3 way tie for first in conference.