MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Swish3 on December 15, 2016, 11:08:16 AM
Quote from: CNU85 on December 15, 2016, 10:20:26 AM
Quote from: Swish3 on December 15, 2016, 09:16:59 AM
Okay, even if you want to, neither one of you can go to the game, and that's a direct order! ;D

I'm staying home. Tell Ryan you will buy him dinner if he stays away too!

Done!  Ryan, I think 7-11 is still running that combo special for a 1/4 lb. big bite and big gulp for $2.00...what do you say?

I'll tell you after I'm done barfing.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Swish3

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on December 15, 2016, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: Swish3 on December 15, 2016, 11:08:16 AM
Quote from: CNU85 on December 15, 2016, 10:20:26 AM
Quote from: Swish3 on December 15, 2016, 09:16:59 AM
Okay, even if you want to, neither one of you can go to the game, and that's a direct order! ;D

I'm staying home. Tell Ryan you will buy him dinner if he stays away too!

Done!  Ryan, I think 7-11 is still running that combo special for a 1/4 lb. big bite and big gulp for $2.00...what do you say?

I'll tell you after I'm done barfing.

Not tempting enough, huh?  Obviously, I was kidding, but I do like their hot dogs...enjoy the game!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I'm here, so place your bets now.  Women's game about to tip.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Once again, improbably, I am bad luck for the higher ranked team.  That was one ugly first half.  Both teams shot less than 33% in the first half - CNU way out-rebounded Salisbury.  The second half was more intense, but still mostly sloppy.  The last five minutes or so were great basketball.

Ten seconds to go, Salisbury is down 1 and gets a steal, a two on one break, for some crazy reason Chad Barcikowski decided to pull up for three and bricked it.  They have to foul twice to get to FTs and Regimbal is on the line with 2.9 seconds to go.  He hits the first and CNU decides to brick the second - it falls to Barcikowski who nails the halfcourt runner to win by 1.  Really nutso ending, especially given how painful most of the game was to watch.

My "lucky" streak continues.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on December 17, 2016, 10:20:28 PM

Once again, improbably, I am bad luck for the higher ranked team.  That was one ugly first half.  Both teams shot less than 33% in the first half - CNU way out-rebounded Salisbury.  The second half was more intense, but still mostly sloppy.  The last five minutes or so were great basketball.

Ten seconds to go, Salisbury is down 1 and gets a steal, a two on one break, for some crazy reason Chad Barcikowski decided to pull up for three and bricked it.  They have to foul twice to get to FTs and Regimbal is on the line with 2.9 seconds to go.  He hits the first and CNU decides to brick the second - it falls to Barcikowski who nails the halfcourt runner to win by 1.  Really nutso ending, especially given how painful most of the game was to watch.

Good thing you aren't attending the D3hoops.com Classic... Salisbury would be sure to lose both games. ;)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CNU85

Swish3

I heard from a reliable source that as of Saturday night at approximately 6 o'clock, Barcikowski decided to become a minister and gave a sermon to the entire SU program on Sunday in church...they were all holding hands and rejoicing, while thanking God for an early Christmas! ;D

Swish3

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on December 17, 2016, 10:20:28 PM

That's usually how it goes when they play, Ryan...two very good defensive teams battling one another, struggling to score.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Swish3 on December 20, 2016, 08:41:55 AM
I heard from a reliable source that as of Saturday night at approximately 6 o'clock, Barcikowski decided to become a minister and gave a sermon to the entire SU program on Sunday in church...they were all holding hands and rejoicing, while thanking God for an early Christmas!

I've never seen that kind of emotional turn around.  Barcikowski knew his pull up three was stupid before it even clanged off the rim.  In the ensuing timeout he wouldn't even walk over to huddle and stayed for a prolonged period on the other side of the floor with Sachs just staring him down.  When Andy Sachs is too upset to yell, you know its bad.  Then, not two minutes later (in real time) Barcikowski is tearing around the floor in utter elation.  Pretty cool moment - and my second in-person buzzer beater of the year (four if you count the two halftime shot Steven Point hit at the Hoopsville Classic).  Very nice to see redemption come around so quickly.

Also, I went to "Cook Out" after the game - $6.88 for dinner.  I'll bill you.

CNU85

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on December 21, 2016, 12:05:52 AM
I heard from a reliable source that as of Saturday night at approximately 6 o'clock, Barcikowski decided to become a minister and gave a sermon to the entire SU program on Sunday in church...they were all holding hands and rejoicing, while thanking God for an early Christmas!

I've never seen that kind of emotional turn around.  Barcikowski knew his pull up three was stupid before it even clanged off the rim.  In the ensuing timeout he wouldn't even walk over to huddle and stayed for a prolonged period on the other side of the floor with Sachs just staring him down.  When Andy Sachs is too upset to yell, you know its bad.  Then, not two minutes later (in real time) Barcikowski is tearing around the floor in utter elation.  Pretty cool moment - and my second in-person buzzer beater of the year (four if you count the two halftime shot Steven Point hit at the Hoopsville Classic).  Very nice to see redemption come around so quickly.

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

MRMIKESMITH

It's going to be a fun set of games for the D3Hoops Classic, Salisbury has a hungry team fighting for some respect in the polls. Salisbury has been playing great over the last few years and I think the past two coaches has been very important for Salisbury. I think the next step is to continue to win games against conference rivals and regional rivals. Then the next step is to win in the big games that matter. Happy Holidays to everyone and Safe Travels for all.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Salisbury will be fine. I have seen teams come to events like this in similiar circumstances and have the same thing happen. Marietta lost two in Daytona (three of their last four). Hope lost two this holiday break (including to Wilkes). Virginia Wesleyan was the #1 team in the country a few years ago... and lost four in a row (including to Salisbury to start the streak).

Salisbury is a very good team. These are the first two games with a new PG situation and it showed. They will figure it out. Just don't let this get them down. Learn from it. Adapt. Adjust. Fine-tune. Conference play is the most important right now. They are still a Top 25 team in my opinion. They ran into a legit, should be, Top 25 team in Ramapo... and a team that was finally healthy this year that I voted as a preseason Top 25 squad, Hardin-Simmons. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CNU85

CNU with a big win last night. Great game to have courtside seats. It's hard to tell from one game, but VWC didn't appear to have much depth. Even down 15-4, I knew would come back by wearing them down.

http://cnusports.com/news/2017/1/1/mens-basketball-mcfarland-nets-27-as-captains-hold-off-marlins-86-75-in-new-years-day-battle.aspx

Swish3

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on December 21, 2016, 12:05:52 AM

I was offering to pay if you stayed away, Ryan...you obviously jinxed CNU by going! ;)  Also, since when is Cook Out any better than a 7-11 hot dog?