2022 Non-Conference opponents

Started by Baldini, November 26, 2019, 04:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldini

When gbpuckfan posted on the Midwest football board today that Monmouth plays Wartburg and Hope next season in Non-Conference play and provided a link, well it got me thinking about how many other games are already announced out there. With over 230 teams already eliminated, I am guessing many of us have already turned our thoughts to the 2020 season. So creating a place to drop those nuggets of information seems like a good idea.

This is gbpuckfans link from earlier today.

https://prog.monmouthcollege.edu/gen/calendar/default.aspx?range=1September

jamtod

St Thomas has UW-Eau Claire and Benedictine (IL edition that almost attempted D2 but came back to the comforts of D3)

MRMIKESMITH

Salisbury non-conference is Albright (subject to change with MAC conference realignment), @UW-Oshkosh, Averett (Location TBA)

Pat Coleman

Are we expecting a MAC realignment?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 26, 2019, 04:54:49 PM
Are we expecting a MAC realignment?

I meant match-up realignment. Whereas Salisbury would play Delaware Valley, Wesley vs. Wilkes, and so forth...

Pat Coleman

There isn't a coordinated NJAC/MAC scheduling agreement.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Baldini

Does the MAC and the NJAC play a set of conference challenge games each year?

Baldini

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 26, 2019, 05:10:44 PM

That answers my question. I hadn't heard of an agreement between the conferences.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Baldini on November 26, 2019, 05:14:38 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 26, 2019, 05:10:44 PM

That answers my question. I hadn't heard of an agreement between the conferences.

I just somewhat assumed with Wesley vs. Delaware Valley, Salisbury vs. Albright, Rowan vs. Widener, Frostburg* vs. Stevenson, FDU-Florham vs. TCNJ there was some type of "mutual agreement," maybe there isn't and it only made sense due to locale of each school to one another and each teams 5 to 10 year success and possibly having difficulty scheduling games.

Would be nice if that was the case, NJAC/MAC challenge has a good ring to it.

Pat Coleman

Working from the PrestoSports database of 2020 schedules -- these are just from the teams who have posted full schedules:

Albion plays Mount St. Joseph, Defiance and Aurora.

Dean plays Fitchburg State, Husson, Mass-Dartmouth and Kean.

Hiram plays Bethany.

Kalamazoo plays Oberlin, Central and Concordia (Wis.).

Mass-Dartmouth plays Husson and Dean.

Mount Union's home-and-home with Westminster (Pa.), which we first heard about in podcast episode 195, starts this year.
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3football/2018/05/14/atn-podcast-195-face-to-face/

Rose-Hulman plays Wabash, Trine and Benedictine.

Sewanee plays Southwestern and Washington & Lee.

Shenandoah plays Methodist and N.C. Wesleyan.

Whitworth has Occidental and Claremont-Mudd-Scripps.

wally_wabash

Quote from: MANDGSU on November 26, 2019, 05:20:22 PM
Would be nice if that was the case, NJAC/MAC challenge has a good ring to it.

Yes and no.  Those agreements do make filling the schedule out for easier for those teams, but it also creates what amounts to a closed system between those two leagues and fewer intersecting data points for the data sets they rely on in the primary criteria used for selection and seeding.
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

crufootball

Simpson College and UMHB will start a 2 year series next year with Simpson coming to Belton in 2020 and UMHB going to Simpson in 2021.

Hawks88

As far as I know Huntingdon has the final year of the 4 year set with Guilford, the usual week 2 against BSC, and the second half of the home-and-home with Oshkosh.

Baldini

Is it safe to assume that most of the non-conference agreements between D-3 schools are 2 year home and home agreements? And if that is so, we should be able to assume opponents and locations by reviewing schedules from the past 2 seasons. No?   

bluestreak66

According to John Carroll's website, they have a one off against Ithaca next year before a home and home with Washington and Jefferson in 21-22
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION