FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek

Game day!  Go Generals! For everyone else, no inuries!

jknezek

Anyone able to get the video up on the TMC W&L game? It's not going well for W&L but I can't even get it up on the screen.

jknezek

Finally got it up. Turnovers are killing W&L...

jknezek

What was that by the officials? They just killed W&L's chance to get a play off? Uggh...

jknezek

One of the worst quarters of football I've seen from W&L this year. Not a good time to have that happen. Oh well. Only down 14 is probably a victory after that quarter...

jknezek

Uggh. Even the kicking game, which has been good all year, is misfiring. This game is not going to be pretty and it's all self-inflicted.

jknezek

Good drive by TMC. If W&L can't put up some points on this drive we can call this one a day I think...

jknezek

I give TMC credit. They are running the option better than W&L.

jknezek

Put a fork in this one. TMC is just taking advantage of W&L. Sure the o-line held horribly on the long TD to go up 28 points, but that only gets called occasionally and W&L just lost TMC's best receiver on the play. Can't have that. Going into halftime W&L is completely unnerved on both sides and just can't get it together.

jknezek

Why isn't Marshall Hollerith playing? And how did the ref's just spot that ball 3 yards back of W&L's forward motion? W&L is killing themselves and TMC is getting some help from the officials they don't need. This is ugly.

SaintsFAN

Quote from: jknezek on November 21, 2015, 12:58:31 PM

I should've mentioned that we run that.  Especially with Kuntz at QB.  There'll be a steady diet of that in the final 30 min.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

jknezek

Quote from: SaintsFAN on November 21, 2015, 01:16:41 PM
Quote from: jknezek on November 21, 2015, 12:58:31 PM

I should've mentioned that we run that.  Especially with Kuntz at QB.  There'll be a steady diet of that in the final 30 min.

If it keeps the clock running W&L might be pleased. Your boys are doing it all right, mine... well... they aren't. I missed the first bit, but since it would have just frustrated me more I'm not that upset about it. Hopefully we'll at least give you a better test in the second half. TMC is making us look bad, but we're doing what we can to help.

jknezek

How was that not W&L ball? Kid fell on it in bounds. He's down at that point. Ball then squirts out later when someone else falls on him? TMC is winning because they are better, but the refs are making sure they get every break as well. The offside was a head bob for crying out loud. The defense is allowed, the qb flinching in a hard count is not.

It's not mattering overall, but they are truly awful refs.

jknezek

Where the heck has Hollerith been? Didn't see him at all in the first half? Much better from the Generals but too little and much too late...

jknezek

Holy cow did TMC have 2 amazing catches on that drive. The huge TE grabbing the laser behind him. No idea how he did that, and the kid getting his foot down in the endzone. Both were beautiful catches. W&L is simply out classed.