FB: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forgotten Man

Correct. LC would have 4 in region games:

Sept. 5                  BIRMINGHAM-SOUTHERN       Home                   1 p.m.  
Sept. 19                MARYVILLE, TN                      Home                   1 p.m.  
Sept. 26                WESLEY                                Home                    1 p.m.  
Oct. 31                  # Huntingdon                        Away                    1 p.m. (CST)

Assuming the four former-SLIAC teams honor their commitment, the would 4 more out of region DIII games pluse one NAIA and one DII:

Sept. 12                Shorter    (NAIA)                   Away                    1 p.m.
Oct. 3                    Lincoln  (D-II)                        Away                    1 p.m. (CST)  (I think this was added after Principia and Blackburn dropped football)
?? Oct. 10                  # MacMURRAY                       Home                    1 p.m.  
?? Oct. 17                  # Eureka                               Away                    1 p.m. (CST)
?? Oct. 24                  * # WESTMINSTER                Home                    1 p.m.  
?? Nov. 7                   # Greenville                           Away                    1 p.m. (CST)

Almost seems like HC and LC would be better off divorcing completely this year if they can get games with SCAC schools.

SLIAC wouldn't like what they saw if they looked in a mirror.  >:(
"The soldier, above all others, prays for peace, for it is he who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."
Douglas MacArthur, General, U.S. Army, (1880-1964)

Pat Coleman

At last check, Wesley had only eight games. You mentioned the SCAC schools, they are definitely possible targets.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

The Forgotten Man

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 02, 2009, 03:13:45 PM
At last check, Wesley had only eight games. You mentioned the SCAC schools, they are definitely possible targets.

Good option for HC. Wesley is already on the LC schedule.

Anybody else in the South looking for games?
"The soldier, above all others, prays for peace, for it is he who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

Pat Coleman

LaGrange might want to think about playing Wesley twice. Seriously.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Hawks88

This looks like a bit good news. Huntingdon's hasn't been updated yet but Birmingham-Southern(http://www.bscsports.net/schedule.aspx?path=football&) is now showing HC @ BSC on 11/7.

The Forgotten Man

Quote from: Hawks88 on April 03, 2009, 11:40:09 AM
This looks like a bit good news. Huntingdon's hasn't been updated yet but Birmingham-Southern(http://www.bscsports.net/schedule.aspx?path=football&) is now showing HC @ BSC on 11/7.

My son told me that he heard that HC was not going to wait on the former SLIAC schools and that they were just going to start scheduling new games. Looks like that is the case.

The Forgotten Man

Does it strike you as odd that the only schools with fans discussing this are HC and LC? Where are the folks from Illinois and Missouri?

AF4

LC & HC need to throw in with the USA south

the boy that grew up at my house  (son or 'the boy') was miffed by all this, as we couldn't vie for a conference cahmpionship next season... but we didn't get one last season (LC saw to that)

all this will work out

yall keep the faith
"Have laparoscope, Will travel"

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: mac_7_seven on March 31, 2009, 01:06:01 PM
Yes they removed it from the site.  Think they jumped the gun because nothing was on either conference web page?  Typical Mac though never respond to anyones question.

Now,now Mac_7_seven.... be nice. :)   

AF4

well fellers..what yall thank we ought to do ?

should we stay here or should the Hawk-Panther contingent head back over to the South independent  board?

Hawks88...what u say ?
Forgotten Man... any ideas?

Pat Coleman...u gonna shut this one down ?

so... (with respect to The Clash) Should we stay or should we go? :D

keep the faith

Pat Coleman

Waiting for someone with one of the two conferences to actually make an actual announcement first.

Hawks88

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 13, 2009, 12:12:03 PM
Waiting for someone with one of the two conferences to actually make an actual announcement first.
Yeah, I can't believe nothing has been announced yet. I mean, it's out there, so let us know something official already.

Quote from: AF4 on April 13, 2009, 12:09:21 PM
well fellers..what yall thank we ought to do ?

should we stay here or should the Hawk-Panther contingent head back over to the South independent  board?

Hawks88...what u say ?
Forgotten Man... any ideas?

Pat Coleman...u gonna shut this one down ?

so... (with respect to The Clash) Should we stay or should we go? :D

keep the faith
AF4,
It's probably time to head on back to the south independent board. Has the boy heard anything about the schedule? I wonder how many of the SLIAC teams we will end up playing. Birmingham-Southern has updated their schedule with a game against us. I've been checking the other SCAC websites but no one else has any changes.(At some point during the day Millsaps has added @HC on 10/10)

Go Hawks!

AF4

hero Hawks88

the boy says that all is still being decided... we shall see

i pray yall r well

keep the faith

The Forgotten Man

My son said that the last heard was that the SLIACkers were still going to play, but they would not commit in writing.

As far as I'm concerned, if the SLIAC has folded then I'm all for a Southern Indpendent's board.

Pat Coleman

Official:
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2009/04/16/1653/sliac-drops-football-again-umac-absorbs-five.html

I'm merging the SLIAC board into the UMAC board. That means there will be more IBFC posts on that board than UMAC posts. Pretty sad board, that one.