WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird Dog

Quote from: doolittledog on January 11, 2012, 08:47:07 PM
Last place Dubuque wins at 1st place Wartburg.  Great job Lady Spartans.  I have no idea the score because my work computer has no audio and the Wartburg camera never showed the scoreboard.

You beat me to it, what a wacky season so far.  Looks like the most compeditive season in a long time. 

U.D.  49   @ Wart 43

Coe 82     @Luther 67   Coe has benched usual starters.  Bench scores 61 pts.

Simp 82    @ BV 69

Loras 56    @  Cent. 43

Rough night to be a home team!

Kohawk Krazy

Quote from: Bird Dog on January 11, 2012, 09:38:43 PM
Last place Dubuque wins at 1st place Wartburg.  Great job Lady Spartans.  I have no idea the score because my work computer has no audio and the Wartburg camera never showed the scoreboard.

You beat me to it, what a wacky season so far.  Looks like the most compeditive season in a long time. 

U.D.  49   @ Wart 43

Simp 82    @ BV 69

Loras 56    @  Cent. 43

This rotation of starters for Coe has been interesting lately.  I have no idea what is going on with it, but the only thing that is good with it is that the "normal starters" don't seem to be getting upset or complaining about things.  Sometimes you see things go the wrong way when this happens, but they seem to be working for Coe outside the loss to Wartburg.

Bird Dog

Quote from: Kohawk Krazy on January 12, 2012, 02:54:23 PM
Quote from: Bird Dog on January 11, 2012, 09:38:43 PM

U.D.  49   @ Wart 43

Simp 82    @ BV 69

Loras 56    @  Cent. 43

This rotation of starters for Coe has been interesting lately.  I have no idea what is going on with it, but the only thing that is good with it is that the "normal starters" don't seem to be getting upset or complaining about things.  Sometimes you see things go the wrong way when this happens, but they seem to be working for Coe outside the loss to Wartburg.

One of the parents told my wife that Coach Peterson is using a point system to determine who deserves to start.  With the league as balanced as it is every team is capable of winning on a given night.  Hopefully this system will give Coe an edge?  When Lute Olson was at Iowa he used a point system but I think it was strictly for player evaluation and feed back.  I don't think it determined playing time and who started from the points.   

doolittledog

Dubuque beats Central 62-60 for a 2 game conference winning streak.  When I tuned in the game Central was leading 12-0 so I gave the computer over to my son to play games.  I promise to now not give up on the Spartan womens team and will keep their games on until the end. 

Kohawk Krazy

How about Kayla Waskow's 28 points and 20 rebounds yesterday? WoW!

doolittledog

Dubuque leading Luther 41-31 at the half in Decorah

Dubuque beats Luther 75-61

Bird Dog

Loras 69     Simpson 58

Coe 63       Cornell 62

U.D. 64      B.V. 54

Luther 80   Central 63

doolittledog

Dubuque women are on a 4 game conference winning streak...not too shabby

Bird Dog

Loras 56    Coe 41   (DBQ)

UofD 60     Central 45  (Pella)

Cornell 65   Luther 50  (Decorah)

Simpson 70  Wartburg 55

Pay back time Loras avenges a two pt loss at Coe.  Simpson retaliates with a 15pt win to ease the pain of a 17pt loss earlier at Wartburg.

Uof D. five in a row.

Cornell sitting tied for fifth after fighting with Central and Luther for the bottom last year. 

doolittledog

I tuned in just in time to see the UD/Simpson teams shaking hands after a 93-72 Simpson win over UD in Dubuque.

Lady Spartans are 5-5 in conference play and 2 games ahead of 7th place. 

Bird Dog

Wartburg 78  Luther 55 @ Waverly

Loras

Bird Dog

Wartburg 78     Luther 55 @ W

Loras 58          Cornell 44 @ Cor

Coe 75            Dubuque 68 @ Coe OT

BV 66             Central 56 @ BV.

I believe Waskow became the second leading scorer in Coe history and with 6 games left could or should reach number one.  She has redshirt year available if she wants. 

doolittledog

My son and I made to Eby last night at halftime of the womens game.  Coe gets a decent crowd for the womens game, which is nice.  For all the nice new basketball facilities that have come into the IIAC over the last few years, I enjoyed the "old barn" ambiance of Eby.  Those old gyms have a great feel to them.  I do wish the concession stand sold more than popcorn and candy bars though!!!

We liked that UD was able to fight back from a 6 point deficit and tie the game to send it into overtime.  I would have loved to see a win for my Spartans last night, but, I am aware that a few years ago last night would have been a 20 point loss with the Coe bench being cleared with 10 minutes to play.  This is a good Spartan team and I am anxious to see how the next few years play out for them and coach Noll. 

Bird Dog

What a dog fight this season has been so far.  Coe, Wartburg, and Loras tied for the lead at 9 and 3.  Simpson 1/2 game back at 8 and 3. 

A game and a half seperate U.D.  6 and 6, Cornell 5 and 6, and B.V. 4 and 7, in the battle for 5th and 6th.

Wartburg plays Coe, Dubuque, Loras, and Central

Loras has Wartburg, Simpson, Dubuque, and Central

Simpson has Loras, B.V., Central, Luther, and Cornell.

Coe has B.V., Cornell, Luther and Wartburg. 

Normally I would say Simpson has the easiest schedule playing four of five games against the bottom four teams.  But this year it seems (here comes the cliche) anyone can win on a given night. 

doolittledog

Dubuque wins 64-58 in OT @ league leading Loras.

Last week Dubuque lost in OT @ league leading Coe.

Dubuque is close to being a very good team.