D3 Championship Belt

Started by Just Bill, January 24, 2007, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: diehardfan on February 02, 2007, 12:34:54 PM
Hey, if I was Todd Raridon, I'd be a little miffed if my wife chose to sat in the opposing team's section....

Hey, where I come from, if there's enough opposing fans in the stands anywhere to justify the use of the word 'section' we'd run for the hills as the apocalypse would be soon to follow.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Just Bill

Quote from: David Collinge on February 02, 2007, 12:10:55 PM
I think the Grinnell System is based on 43-man Squamish to a very large degree.  The 'P' in 'Jeff P' must stand for 'Probate Judge.'   ;D
It wouldn't really be fair to force Grinnell to cut their roster down to 43.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Just Bill on February 02, 2007, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: David Collinge on February 02, 2007, 12:10:55 PM
I think the Grinnell System is based on 43-man Squamish to a very large degree.  The 'P' in 'Jeff P' must stand for 'Probate Judge.'   
It wouldn't really be fair to force Grinnell to cut their roster down to 43.

It's ok, I think their conference makes them cut it for playoff games.

Greek Tragedy

I think Lawrence had 43 players on their team too! lol...not including the "angels"
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Just Bill

Randolph-Macon successfully defends the Belt with a 64-63 squeaker over Washington & Lee.  That's the equivalent of a split decision.  RMC's second defense of the Belt,

Next Championship Belt match: Sunday, Randolph-Macon at Roanoke

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Just Bill

Randolph-Macon gets their third straight defense of the Division III Championship BeltTM with a 78-55 butt-kicking of Roanoke.  RMC is threatening to carry the BeltTM into the postseason, but they still have Viriginia Wesleyan (who has already held the Belt on two different occasions) and Hampden-Sydney standing in their way.

Next Championship Belt match: Wednesday, Bridgewater (Va.) at Randolph-Macon

P.S. Notice the special trademarking insignia.  I'm not about to let some corporate sponsor swoop in and steal my lame idea.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Just Bill on February 02, 2007, 10:37:17 AM
I've been running a 43-man Squamish Fantasy League for a few years now.  If you want in let me know.

:D!
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Greek Tragedy

Ever since a guy at work heard that I play soccer (let it be known, it's a coed adult rec. league), he's wanted me to join his rugby team.  I think standing at 5'3" and 110 lbs or whatever I weigh, it's a good bet I'd get killed. 
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Old School on February 06, 2007, 06:20:10 AM
Ever since a guy at work heard that I play soccer (let it be known, it's a coed adult rec. league), he's wanted me to join his rugby team.  I think standing at 5'3" and 110 lbs or whatever I weigh, it's a good bet I'd get killed.

Just remember: They can't kill what they can't catch. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 06, 2007, 06:33:01 AM
Quote from: Old School on February 06, 2007, 06:20:10 AM

Just remember: They can't kill what they can't catch.

Or you could just be one of those guys in the back who takes the long pass out of the scrum and then kicks it forward to gain field position.  Those guys always seem to have the easiest job.

Superfoot Wallace

Caught a match between the Royal High Corstorphine Rugy Club alternates against a local town team in Escocia.  The catch as catch can methodology worked for the town team for a while.  The Royal High Cougars fed me too many pints after the match and got lost trying to find my way home, luckily the winger for the town team was a night bus route driver and dropped me off near the pitch so I could gather my bearings and walk home.

In related news, the real Cowoboy Bob is Ellis, but Randys the man!  Too bad he doesnt get to grapple the BC alum at Wrassslemania.

Have some baubles and gugaws for the belt if interested. Howbout a manhole cover and some curb feelers.

signed,
Aziz the Busdriver (member of Jimmy the Kings posse)
See that, that spells Adidas

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: MacLeod on February 06, 2007, 05:19:42 PM
Caught a match between the Royal High Corstorphine Rugy Club alternates against a local town team in Escocia.  The catch as catch can methodology worked for the town team for a while.  The Royal High Cougars fed me too many pints after the match and got lost trying to find my way home, luckily the winger for the town team was a night bus route driver and dropped me off near the pitch so I could gather my bearings and walk home.

In related news, the real Cowoboy Bob is Ellis, but Randys the man!  Too bad he doesnt get to grapple the BC alum at Wrassslemania.

Have some baubles and gugaws for the belt if interested. Howbout a manhole cover and some curb feelers.

signed,
Aziz the Busdriver (member of Jimmy the Kings posse)

Wow, that's the most grammatically correct drunk posting I've ever seen.

Superfoot Wallace

Actually very seldom drink Hoops.  Tends to get me in trouble.

Buddys took me out to Sullivans Steakhouse for our annual Christmas get together.  Fed me beers and vodka.  One of the guys in the group kept making toasts that were so obnoxious that I cant repeat them here (unless someone were to request?!? - probably shouldnt)

Well, to keep a brawl from breaking out between our neighboring tables the staff had to move our party of twenty or so to another section of the restaurant.  Why were their kids out with them at 10 oclock in a Restaurants wine cellar was the first thought that came to my mind?

Im pretty casual for the most part and was probably more annoyed than the neighboring tables with the conduct of my mates, so I kept my cool through the whole dinner, even though I had to drop an 80 spot for a steak and trimmings that I only partially received.

Well, after the dinner we are all walking out and as Im heading to my buddys truck, one of the wives in our group acts like shes gonna hit me with her SUV.  She stops short, but all full of built up angst from the dinner and some liquid courage, decided to drop to a three point stance and tackle the SUV.  As is usually the case I won the plank drill and the SUV folded up like tinfoil.

So,

steak with all the trimming only half served - 80 bucks
SUV turned into ball of foil -favor from my Honduran buddys body shop and $160
look on buddys wifes face - priceless

See why I dont drink.!

signed,
Dennis Hopper
See that, that spells Adidas

sludge

The world will be watching Randolph Macon - Bridgewater tomorrow night for the big match.

(Well, I'll be watching Guilford - Hamden-Sydney, which should be a better game).

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: MacLeod on February 06, 2007, 05:54:39 PM
Actually very seldom drink Hoops.  Tends to get me in trouble.

Buddys took me out to Sullivans Steakhouse for our annual Christmas get together.  Fed me beers and vodka.  One of the guys in the group kept making toasts that were so obnoxious that I cant repeat them here (unless someone were to request?!? - probably shouldnt)

Well, to keep a brawl from breaking out between our neighboring tables the staff had to move our party of twenty or so to another section of the restaurant.  Why were their kids out with them at 10 oclock in a Restaurants wine cellar was the first thought that came to my mind?

Im pretty casual for the most part and was probably more annoyed than the neighboring tables with the conduct of my mates, so I kept my cool through the whole dinner, even though I had to drop an 80 spot for a steak and trimmings that I only partially received.

Well, after the dinner we are all walking out and as Im heading to my buddys truck, one of the wives in our group acts like shes gonna hit me with her SUV.  She stops short, but all full of built up angst from the dinner and some liquid courage, decided to drop to a three point stance and tackle the SUV.  As is usually the case I won the plank drill and the SUV folded up like tinfoil.

So,

steak with all the trimming only half served - 80 bucks
SUV turned into ball of foil -favor from my Honduran buddys body shop and $160
look on buddys wifes face - priceless

See why I dont drink.!

signed,
Dennis Hopper

Somehow this all makes sense to me.  It's like some gripping post-modern novel, plus the Hopper reference made me laugh out loud.