FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@d3jason

Just the 1st half unless the rules have changed since last year. Saw Albright scrimmage Wesley last week, they're going to be tough despite the youth for sure.

Saxon73

Any word on Lycoming v Albright  ??
" No matter the differences, brilliance always finds a common ground."  -  Stephen Colbert

Simba

I listened to Wilkes/Del-Val last Sat night.  Good job on fast action play by play Gordon.  113 PLAYS!!! The scoring by both teams was back and forth for 3 Qtrs until Del-Val eventually pulled away.  So the fast paced Oregon offense is now in Colonel Country with a new head coach. Lyco ran 59 plays last week.  Obviously time of possession must be won by the Warriors Offense and substitutes entered quickly by the Defense this week. One must wonder however if 113 plays couldn't give Wilkes the win @DV, why would it or even more plays give Wilkes the win over Lyco? Lyco's Defense under Defensive guru's Wiser & Weber will scheme Wilkes silly and the Colonel's Offense will eventually run out of plays and time! Lyco 31 Wilkes 17! 

Anyone else want to stick their neck out with some predictions on this very, very, very quiet Board his year?

Simba

gordonmann

Thanks for the kind words, Simba.

kate

Can't believe that there's no one on here discussing the MAC!!!  That game next Saturday between Del Val and Lycoming should be a humdinger!!!  Where's PBR???  Great job announcing the Aggie/Albright game yesterday, Gordon, especially nice with the DVC video!

D3MAFAN

Quote from: kate on October 05, 2014, 09:46:01 AM
Can't believe that there's no one on here discussing the MAC!!!  That game next Saturday between Del Val and Lycoming should be a humdinger!!!  Where's PBR???  Great job announcing the Aggie/Albright game yesterday, Gordon, especially nice with the DVC video!

It is a little odd, not to hear from more MAC posters. The MAC have three to four teams that can either share or obtain the MAC crown this year. IMHO I think both Lycoming and Widener are my favorites as of now with Delaware Valley and Stevenson in 3rd and 4th respectively. I think this weekend matchup with both Lycoming and Delaware Valley will see how good both teams are. I am not sold on Delaware Valley defense and think they may struggle against a good balance teams such as Lycoming.

Simba

Why Lyco should win Sat?

1st.  Lyco has won 89% of its games when game time is other than 1pm on Sat!  Game time is NOON!

2nd. Lyco is ranked #7 in passing defense in the country @124yds.  DV is ranked #17 in passing offense @316yds.  NO WAY WILL DV PUT UP 300yds PASSING AGAINST THE WARRIORS!!!  Our defense Guru's Wiser and Weber will call the schemes and our secondary will step up to the challenge!

3rd.  Lyco is ranked #15 in rushing defense @84yds.  DV is ranked #61 in rushing offense @202yds.
I DON'T SEE DV GETTING OVER 100yds RUSHING LET ALONE 200 AGAINST THE WARRIORS!!!

4th.  Our well-balanced offense will do it's talking on the field!  The best way to describe it is "Show us how many are in the box and we will immediately counter it on the line of scrimmage like a fox!"

Opinions welcome. Please share and let's WAKE UP THIS BOARD!

Simba

wesleydad

Quote from: Simba on October 05, 2014, 10:01:55 PM
Why Lyco should win Sat?

1st.  Lyco has won 89% of its games when game time is other than 1pm on Sat!  Game time is NOON!

2nd. Lyco is ranked #7 in passing defense in the country @124yds.  DV is ranked #17 in passing offense @316yds.  NO WAY WILL DV PUT UP 300yds PASSING AGAINST THE WARRIORS!!!  Our defense Guru's Wiser and Weber will call the schemes and our secondary will step up to the challenge!

3rd.  Lyco is ranked #15 in rushing defense @84yds.  DV is ranked #61 in rushing offense @202yds.
I DON'T SEE DV GETTING OVER 100yds RUSHING LET ALONE 200 AGAINST THE WARRIORS!!!

4th.  Our well-balanced offense will do it's talking on the field!  The best way to describe it is "Show us how many are in the box and we will immediately counter it on the line of scrimmage like a fox!"

Opinions welcome. Please share and let's WAKE UP THIS BOARD!

Simba

With Wesley being done its D3 schedule, this is the game I am attending this week.  It looks like it should be a good one.  I think Del Val is playing above what some had predicted.  Lyco seems to be doing what they were expected.  I attended the game 2 years ago and Lyco seemed prepared to defeat Del Val, but it did not happen.  Really looking forward to the game and seeing Gordon in the press box.

ITH radio

I like Lyco but as a former defensive player, my m.o. is always to lean towards teams that play tough D like Lyco does. It's why I picked SLU (who statistically has the better D) to beat RPI by 3 eventhough I wouldn't be surprised if the Engineers won.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Simba

Thank you wesleydad and ITH radio for your o'pines!

ITH radio, I couldn't agree with you more!  I should of posted #5 above but I didn't so here ya go...

5th. DV's DEFENSE IS GIVING UP OVER 400yds PER GAME!!!  If Lyco's offense limits its turnovers and scores in the Red Zone at least 80% of the time, it will be a no contest!

So far DV is 4-0 by being able to outscore their opponents, and NOT playing any type of defense in doing so!  This week they'll be playing a team that has both a "D" & "O".  Also, that's without the consensus All-American, Troutman, being able to play the last 3 games at Safety!  We have depth and rotate and the Tradition of our program the past 40yrs mandates " Next one up, time to step up!"

Simba

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Simba on October 06, 2014, 04:28:46 PM
Thank you wesleydad and ITH radio for your o'pines!

ITH radio, I couldn't agree with you more!  I should of posted #5 above but I didn't so here ya go...

5th. DV's DEFENSE IS GIVING UP OVER 400yds PER GAME!!!  If Lyco's offense limits its turnovers and scores in the Red Zone at least 80% of the time, it will be a no contest!

So far DV is 4-0 by being able to outscore their opponents, and NOT playing any type of defense in doing so!  This week they'll be playing a team that has both a "D" & "O".  Also, that's without the consensus All-American, Troutman, being able to play the last 3 games at Safety!  We have depth and rotate and the Tradition of our program the past 40yrs mandates " Next one up, time to step up!"

Simba

This game kind of reminds me of the Texas A&M v. Miss State game from this past weekend.

jmcozenlaw

DelVal's defense has been devastated by injuries with seven projected/potential starters out for most if not all of the season. Lyco should win this game as a result and it will come down to Lyco vs. Widener. I'll be interested to see if the winner of that game can replicate DelVal's national quarterfinal seasons from several years back and if either can take out a Mount Union, Whitewater, Mary Hardin-Baylor or Wesley. Beating one of them would really show me something and would give the MAC some national cred!!

Question for Kate...............I'm trying to find out if the two teams will play in men's basketball as DelVal has their entire team back along with six newcomers..................including some real athletes at 6'6", 6'&7" and a 6'9" transfer from Pepperdine who had a nice showing against Notre Dame. I know that Lyco's men's basketball team looks great this upcoming season.

kate

Hello JM !  In answer to your question, DelVal & Lycoming do not meet in the regular Men's b'ball

Season.  Hope you're wrong with your football analysis!!!  GO AGGIES!!!

gordonmann

Delaware Valley 35 Lycoming 28 at the half

Aaron Wilmer and Tyler Jenny combine to go 15-for-22, 420 yards and six touchdowns.

Who knows how the game ends but I just wanted to memorialize their performance somewhere.

Simba

Congratulations Aggies!

Throw the Stats out the window...This game is a great example of why they play the game on the field!...Pre-Game analysis using stats do not play well against Homecoming Mo!....The pre halftime bomb gave them BIG MO and it continued into the second half....No pressure on Wilmer the entire game...I have a 5lb crow I'll be munching on the next two weeks until the Widener game...

Simba