FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Words or Less

Luther names next President

Quote from: Decorah Newspapershttps://decorahnewspapers.com/Content/Home/Home/Article/Jenifer-Ward-unanimously-elected-11th-president-of-Luther-College/-2/-2/47328

The Luther College Board of Regents has unanimously elected Dr. Jenifer Ward as the college's 11th president.  Ward presently serves as provost and dean of the college for Centenary College of Louisiana in Shreveport, La.  Prior to her time at Centenary, Ward served as dean of the college, interim provost and associate provost at the Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, Washington. She was chair of the Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures Department at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn., where she also taught German. Ward began her academic career with faculty appointments at Rhodes College in Memphis, Tenn., and The College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio.

More than 15 departments reported to Ward as provost at Centenary, including Academic Affairs, which houses all of the college's academic departments, schools and programs; Student Development; Residence Life; Career Services; and Integrated Advising. She was responsible for overseeing roughly half of the college's annual $25 million operating budget.
Ward's experience in higher education is punctuated by a love of the liberal arts. Her work at Centenary as provost included integrating a liberal arts curriculum with co-curricular programming to "shape an educational experience designed to promote the intentional intellectual, creative, personal and professional growth of the whole student," according to Ward.

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on March 18, 2019, 11:54:27 PM
Luther names next President

Quote from: Decorah Newspapershttps://decorahnewspapers.com/Content/Home/Home/Article/Jenifer-Ward-unanimously-elected-11th-president-of-Luther-College/-2/-2/47328

The Luther College Board of Regents has unanimously elected Dr. Jenifer Ward as the college's 11th president.  Ward presently serves as provost and dean of the college for Centenary College of Louisiana in Shreveport, La.  Prior to her time at Centenary, Ward served as dean of the college, interim provost and associate provost at the Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, Washington. She was chair of the Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures Department at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn., where she also taught German. Ward began her academic career with faculty appointments at Rhodes College in Memphis, Tenn., and The College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio.

More than 15 departments reported to Ward as provost at Centenary, including Academic Affairs, which houses all of the college's academic departments, schools and programs; Student Development; Residence Life; Career Services; and Integrated Advising. She was responsible for overseeing roughly half of the college's annual $25 million operating budget.
Ward's experience in higher education is punctuated by a love of the liberal arts. Her work at Centenary as provost included integrating a liberal arts curriculum with co-curricular programming to "shape an educational experience designed to promote the intentional intellectual, creative, personal and professional growth of the whole student," according to Ward.

The president at Wartburg had also been the provost and dean at Centenary.  Apparently Iowa>Louisiana  ;)
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

Quote from: doolittledog on March 18, 2019, 12:51:19 PM
Quote from: doolittledog on February 27, 2019, 02:32:02 PM
Quote from: doolittledog on February 07, 2019, 02:42:07 PM
Quote from: doolittledog on January 24, 2019, 08:43:50 PM
2019 schedules...

BVU
09/07 - @ Hamline 6:00 pm
09/14 - Concordia NE (NAIA) 6:00 pm
09/21 - NWU (Homecoming/Hall of Fame) 1:00 pm
09/28 - @ Simpson 1 pm
10/05 - Wartburg 1 pm
10/12 - @ Coe 1 pm
10/19 - Central 1 pm
10/26 - @ Loras 1 pm
11/02 - Luther (Senior Day) 1pm
11/09 - @ Dubuque 1 pm
11/16 - BYE

Coe
09/07 - @ Augustana
09/14 - Cornell
09/21 - @ Loras
09/28 - Luther
10/05 - @ Dubuque
10/12 - BVU
10/19 - @ NWU
10/26 - Simpson
11/02 - @ Wartburg
11/09 - BYE
11/16 - Central

Dubuque
09/05 - @ UW-Whitewater 7:00 p.m.
09/14 - Pacific 6:00 p.m.
09/21 - Simpson 6:00 p.m.
09/28 - @ Wartburg 1:00 p.m.
10/05 - Coe 1:00 p.m.
10/12 - @ Central 1:00 p.m.
10/19 - Loras 2:00 p.m. (Homecoming)
10/26 - @ Luther College 1:00 p.m.
11/02 - BYE
11/09 - BVU 1:00 p.m.
11/16 - @ NWU 1:00 p.m.

Luther
09/07 - @ Whittier
09/14 - St Olaf 1:00 p.m.
09/21 - Wartburg 1:00 p.m.
09/28 - @ Coe 1:00 p.m.
10/05 - Central 1:00 p.m. (Homecoming)
10/12 - @ Loras 1:00 p.m.
10/19 - BYE
10/26 - Dubuque 1:00 p.m.
11/02 - @ BVU 1:00 p.m.
11/09 - NWU 1:00 p.m.
11/16 - @ Simpson 12:00 p.m.

NWU
09/07 - Westminster College 1:00 pm
09/14 - Illinois College 1:00 pm
09/21 - @ BVU 1:00 pm
09/28 - BYE
10/05 - Simpson 1:00 pm (HC)
10/12 - @ Wartburg 1:30 pm
10/19 - Coe 1:00 pm
10/26 - @ Central 1:00 pm
11/02 - Loras 1:00 pm
11/09 - @ Luther 1:00 pm
11/16 - Dubuque 1:00 pm

Wartburg
09/07 - @ Greenville 1:00 pm
09/14 - Monmouth 7:00 pm
09/21 - @ Luther 1:00 pm
09/28 - Dubuque 1:00 pm
10/05 - @ BVU 1:00 pm
10/12 - NWU 1:30 pm (HC)
10/19 - @ Simpson 1:00 pm
10/26 - BYE
11/02 - Coe 1:00 pm
11/09 - @ Central 1:00 pm
11/16 - Loras 1:00 pm

Central
09/07 - Northwestern (St Paul) 1pm
09/14 - DePauw 1pm
09/21 - BYE
09/28 - Loras 1pm
10/05 - @ Luther 1pm
10/12 - Dubuque 1pm
10/19 - @ BVU
10/26 - NWU 1pm
11/02 - @ Simpson 1pm
11/09 - Wartburg 1pm
11/16 - @ Coe 1pm

Simpson
09/07 - @ Bethel 1pm
09/14 - Chicago 1pm
09/21 - @ Dubuque 6pm
09/28 - BVU 1pm
10/05 - @ NWU 1pm
10/12 - BYE
10/19 - Wartburg 1pm (Homecoming)
10/26 - @ Coe 1pm
11/02 - Central 1pm
11/09 - @ Loras 1pm
11/16 - Luther 1pm

Loras
09/07 - @ UW-Eau Claire 1pm
09/14 - Benedictine 1pm
09/21 - Coe 1pm
09/28 - @ Central 1pm
10/05 - BYE
10/12 - Luther 1pm
10/19 - @ Dubuque 1pm
10/26 - Buena Vista 1pm
11/02 - @ NWU 1pm
11/09 - Simpson 1pm
11/16 - @ Wartburg 1pm
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

Dubuque hires Dan Clark as OC/OL coach. A Livermore, IA native and brother of former Hawkeye Dallas Clark.

Simpson grad, played football and baseball there from 91-94.

Coached at Simpson from 95-99
Coached at Iowa Western CC from 00-06 as DC/DL
GA at Iowa from 07-09
Coached at UNI from 10-12 as TE and special teams coach
Coached at Ill St for 5 years including 2 as co-offensive coordinator
Coached past 3 years at Stephen F Austin as OL coach. 

I like that he is an Iowa native and played/coached in the Iowa Conference.  I would also love to see this bolster Iowa recruiting for UD  ;)

5 Words or Less

Will sports betting affect ARC?

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on April 04, 2019, 03:00:30 PM

I'll put $500 on Dubuque getting called for holding every time they rush for 4 or more yards against Wartburg 😏

5 Words or Less

UD announces another major gift

The University of Dubuque says a $2.4 million organ with more than 3,000 pipes will be installed in the university's Heritage Center.  The organ is a gift from university trustee John Butler and his wife, Alice, for whom the Heritage Center's John and Alice Butler Hall is named.  Construction of the instrument began at the manufacturer's workshop last year and installation is expected to be completed by November 2020.

Alfredeneumann

Quote from: doolittledog on April 05, 2019, 07:13:14 AM

I'll put $500 on Dubuque getting called for holding every time they rush for 4 or more yards against Wartburg 😏

If it was 4.5 yards I'd take the under but 4.0 seems like a PUSH to me.🤪
Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

doolittledog

Quote from: Alfredeneumann on April 08, 2019, 09:37:56 PM
Quote from: doolittledog on April 05, 2019, 07:13:14 AM

If it was 4.5 yards I'd take the under but 4.0 seems like a PUSH to me.🤪

Little known fact...AEN and Jimmie the Greek are cousins, so this is probably solid betting advice  ;D

In kind of/sort of football related news.  While taking my daughter on a college visit last week, we were told Mt. Mercy considered adding football, but they have no plans to add the sport at this time. 

5 Words or Less

Another day, another donation ...

Quote from: KWWL https://kwwl.com/news/2019/04/16/university-of-dubuque-announces-new-campus-projects/
DUBUQUE, Iowa (KWWL) – University of Dubuque announced today two campus projects that will provide  outdoor space, student cultural center and more.  President Jeffrey F. Bullock announced that the projects are part of a plan to connect the campus after UD expanded over the last two decades.  Funding for the Howard Wallace South Common and Peter and Susan Smith Welcome Center is provided by UD Chairman of the Board of Trustees Joseph Chlapaty and his spouse, Linda.

5 Words or Less

'The Graduate' released December 22, 1967

5 Words or Less

Joseph Chlapaty UD'68 was listening

5 Words or Less

Changes are a'comin

Quote from: Sports Illustrated March 08, 2019https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/03/08/ncaa-amateurism-antitrust-case-ruling-conference-scholarships

U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken's ruling in the grant-in-aid cap antitrust litigation has upended the NCAA's long-standing model of limiting athletic scholarships to tuition, fees, room, board, course-related books and other expenses up to the value of the full cost of attendance. The NCAA has been ordered to change its rules by February 2020, giving schools the option to offer more than a full ride—at least so long as any surplus amount reflects "non-cash education-related benefits and academic rewards." Conferences, per Judge Wilken's order, will also be able to develop policies to regulate scholarships in ways that were previously under the NCAA's power.

... There are still other possible consequences that could reshape the landscape of conferences, including NCAA division reform. In an American Bar Association article last summer, Amy Perko, the chief executive officer of the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics, envisioned the possibility of removing elite college football programs from the current Division I structure. These programs generate a disproportionate amount of revenue in college sports, and players in them experience college quite differently from other college athletes and students. Perhaps D-I encompasses too many college programs and sports, and an NCAA "Football Division" or something along those lines would better reflect reality.

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on April 25, 2019, 01:34:39 AM
Changes are a'comin

Quote from: Sports Illustrated March 08, 2019https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/03/08/ncaa-amateurism-antitrust-case-ruling-conference-scholarships

U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken's ruling in the grant-in-aid cap antitrust litigation has upended the NCAA's long-standing model of limiting athletic scholarships to tuition, fees, room, board, course-related books and other expenses up to the value of the full cost of attendance. The NCAA has been ordered to change its rules by February 2020, giving schools the option to offer more than a full ride—at least so long as any surplus amount reflects "non-cash education-related benefits and academic rewards." Conferences, per Judge Wilken's order, will also be able to develop policies to regulate scholarships in ways that were previously under the NCAA's power.

... There are still other possible consequences that could reshape the landscape of conferences, including NCAA division reform. In an American Bar Association article last summer, Amy Perko, the chief executive officer of the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics, envisioned the possibility of removing elite college football programs from the current Division I structure. These programs generate a disproportionate amount of revenue in college sports, and players in them experience college quite differently from other college athletes and students. Perhaps D-I encompasses too many college programs and sports, and an NCAA "Football Division" or something along those lines would better reflect reality.

Yikes.  Football helps fund all these other sports at the D1 level.  Separate football, and college sports (at the D1 level) falls apart.  NCAA D1 basketball pretty much funds D2 and D3.  This could seriously effect all of college athletics. 

I know all the arguments about coaches making high salaries and the lavish facilities being built on the backs of these athletes.  Still, if you allow football players getting more than the cost of education the gap between the haves and the have nots will only widen.  The Alabama's and Ohio States of the world will buy up all the talent (more than they already do).  This will be a mess. 

And all this talk makes me appreciate the D3 model even more.  Though if NCAA funding dries up it will be a whole new world of schools trying to fund cross country trips for playoff games.  There is a whole can of worms being opened up here. 

doolittledog