Longest Home Winning Streak

Started by John Gleich, December 01, 2005, 12:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gleich

I'd say there's clearly a home court advantage!  ... 'course, it doesn't hurt that the team's good, too, but...   ;)

13 is one less than Illinois Wesleyan won in their inaugural season in the Shirk Center.  They lost to Machester at home in the NCAA's, but won their next 46 games before falling to Benedictine, in the Shirk's 5th season.  That's a heck of a record... and from the sounds of it, DeVos may be the same way!!
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

It will be interesting to see how long they can make it last.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

sac

Quote from: andersdy on February 06, 2006, 12:10:43 PM
The building has yet to see defeat thus far.

For the Hope teams yes, but I'm sure Holland Christian HS has lost in there.

Quote from: PointSpecial on February 06, 2006, 07:22:49 PM
I'd say there's clearly a home court advantage! ... 'course, it doesn't hurt that the team's good, too, but... ;)

The team/teams are the main reason.  DeVos is a very comfortable facility for fans and players.  The only thing I'd find intimidating about it is that it looks and feels like nothing else you'll see anywhere in D3.

Its an incredible place but the tight confines of some other D3 gyms I've been in can be much more difficult to play in.

......of course I've missed the 3 largest crowd games at DeVos so what do I know.  ;D

smedindy

But in the DeVos center, are you not encouraged to sell your tickets to others so they can sell more and kick back to you so you can sit in better seats, and so on...

/abhors multi-level marketing
//understands what pays the bills

kiltedbryan

Quote from: Hoops Fan on February 07, 2006, 08:48:14 AM

It will be interesting to see how long they can make it last.

I'm hoping it lasts only until the (possible) sectional final between Wooster and Hope..

;D ;D ;D

AndersDY

Accidentally posted this in the Best Facility thread but meant it for here. The DeVos fieldhouse made it through its first season undefeated for both men and women as neither managed to pull a sectional to Holland this weekend.

"The NCAA announcement brings to a close the first season of basketball at Hope's new DeVos Fieldhouse where the two teams went undefeated and combined for a 32-0 record (18-0 by the men, 14-0 by the women)."

I was hoping to see that sectional final scotsbrod, but too bad the Scots couldn't hold up their end for us. I guess there is at least still the chance for one of my teams to take down Witt this week.
"You can say 'no,' and I can say 'yes,' and my word has THREE letters."

chocsrock34

Mississippi College had a home winning streak of 16 for this year

chocsrock34

and then they had a total streak of 24 in a row

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

So does that mean Hope's 18 in a row is the longest active home winning streak?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Hope's home winning streak is 22 in a row, dating back to a loss to Albion last year.  That is, if the d3hoops.com records are correct.

Mississippi College is at 33 dating back to the 03-04 season at home.

Can anyone compete with those right now?

chocsrock34

Quote from: Hoops Fan on March 24, 2006, 08:52:59 AM

Mississippi College is at 33 dating back to the 03-04 season at home.

but MC had a loss in the ASC tournament last year but regular season they're still doin it

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

OK, so the tournament was at MC last year?  It seemed like from the d3hoops.com page that it wasn't.  Anyway, so MC is at 16 straight, making Hope the current leaders?

chocsrock34

MC went 16-0 at home this year. They're 2 losses were fluke games that they should've won

David Collinge

Oh, come on, MC lost to #7 Transylvania by a dozen and it was a "fluke game" that they "should've won?"  I think you ought to give credit where credit is due.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Hoops Fan on March 24, 2006, 11:52:06 AM

OK, so the tournament was at MC last year?  It seemed like from the d3hoops.com page that it wasn't.  Anyway, so MC is at 16 straight, making Hope the current leaders?

Don't know why you would think that. The games are bold and there's no (n) next to them.
http://www.d3hoops.com/school_info.php?school=Mississippi%20College&team=m&year=2005
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.