FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Doolittle

Quote from: wally_wabash on January 26, 2023, 02:45:44 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on January 25, 2023, 05:36:27 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 24, 2023, 06:03:20 PM
I mean this in all seriousness: The NWC, SCIAC and ASC should all combine for football so that the NCAA can't force the football committee to match them up in the first round of the playoffs.
I seriously value your thoughts on the mechanism by which this would work.

Thank you. (Maybe in a podcast?)

Teams in the same conference can't be matched up in the first round by rule. If NWC/SCIAC/ASC are all one conference, those teams wouldn't play each other.  Of course, that entire group would only receive one AQ, so there's the trade off.
Play-off wise, loss of Automatic bid would be a negative.

RFBredux

Glad to see Redlands and Linfield are continuing to schedule each other. The rest of the SCIAC have purposely sabotaged their local cell phone towers to avoid communication with the Wildcats.

DawgsOT57

Quote from: olddog on January 24, 2023, 10:47:17 AM

Interesting, I got asked by UR why I do not donate, Is it because of the position we have taken on issues? yes...I got the same question in a survey from the college I attended too last year, same answer.

They don't even bother to ask me.  They know my position based on the letter I wrote in support of Coach Maynard. 

olddog

Redlands players are back and workouts are in full swing. The expanded the bone yard, down to two work out sessions, no more AM work outs in the 30's and yes Good has them still running the "hill" according to my buddies at the club. Its a great tradition at UR, glad to see they kept it.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Dr. Doolittle

Quote from: olddog on February 02, 2023, 11:36:54 AM
Redlands players are back and workouts are in full swing. The expanded the bone yard, down to two work out sessions, no more AM work outs in the 30's and yes Good has them still running the "hill" according to my buddies at the club. Its a great tradition at UR, glad to see they kept it.
CLU in bad shape based on insiders.  Poor recruiting class, and most starters graduated.  Lugo not doing the job, and the team does not respect him--players say he is a liar!

RFBredux

I can feel the lactic acid building 25+ years later just reading about the hill.

olddog

Quote from: Dr. Doolittle on February 02, 2023, 01:10:09 PM
CLU in bad shape based on insiders.  Poor recruiting class, and most starters graduated.  Lugo not doing the job, and the team does not respect him--players say he is a liar!

Dr...why would they say he is a liar?  how he recruited them? aid? program set up ?

olddog

Quote from: RFBredux on February 02, 2023, 03:29:46 PM

I can feel the lactic acid building 25+ years later just reading about the hill.

RB,

When you first ran the hill did you know about it and how tough it can be? when you come around the corner and see the uphill grade its pretty surprising. Nothing better than free fertilizer for the locals.

Dr. Doolittle

Quote from: olddog on February 03, 2023, 12:11:56 PM
Quote from: Dr. Doolittle on February 02, 2023, 01:10:09 PM

Dr...why would they say he is a liar?  how he recruited them? aid? program set up ?
The coach flat out lies to the team about many subjects to the entire team at meetings and in the locker room.  One example is he promised the team a bunch of "swag" and new uniforms and helmets, which never materialized.  Personally, he told my son that he would hook him up with the Rams for internship, which he never did, despite my son's numerous inquiries.  My son ended up doing it himself and now has a paid internship with the Rams. Two of my son's roommates will be 5th year seniors and still playing.  Per them, Lugo's focus is more on transfer JC players, and not freshman.  Team is divided into several clicks and there is already some in team fighting during lifting and off season training.  The school has a lot of money to offer, but Lugo not working to better the program.  Last year was a complete disappointment. 

RFBredux

Quote from: olddog on February 03, 2023, 12:14:02 PM
Quote from: RFBredux on February 02, 2023, 03:29:46 PM

RB,

When you first ran the hill did you know about it and how tough it can be? when you come around the corner and see the uphill grade its pretty surprising. Nothing better than free fertilizer for the locals.

Nope. Found out quickly though. It's a beast.

D O.C.

LINFIELD'S 63 year winning streak contains many years of 10 consecutive 240 yard sprints not some challenge like climbing Old Smokey down in Pendleton.
Team speed and all that.

Dr. Doolittle

When I played college soccer back in the late 80's and early 90's, we had to run stadiums for every letter of the team we lost to.  California Polytechnic University San Luis Obispo was the worst!  Also had to run 2 miles under 14 minutes.  As a goal keeper, it really sucked!!

olddog

When I played in High School we did not get water breaks (3 hour practices). Our senior year we got a new head coach and he was under 30, so he more progressive and we got one in the middle. Plus we did three a days until the new guy showed up. No mommies came down to the school and complained.
When I got to college I was in heaven, anytime I wanted water I could have some. Locker room had AC...free soft drinks...laundry done before practice
I can remember being given salt pills before and after practice. Times have changed a bit.

olddog

Would love to know the real reason for Coach Mac wanting to leave, he is a good guy, loves his family, all the best to him.
I used to think if any school could challenge on a National Level it was CLU and or UR....Now the only flicker is UR...Chapman's admissions make it tough for them.