WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcmfan

F.Y.I, the correct spelling of the university on the south side of Abilene is "McMurry", not "McMurray"...
Alacumba!

Ralph Turner

Oh well, McM fan, it must be a "Hardened Sinners" thing!  ;D ;) 8)

And no comments from you "Horrid Pain" fans either!  ::) :D

dballa

hey after something like that we have to comment "McMuffin" University :)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: dballa on January 29, 2006, 09:42:23 PM
hey after something like that we have to comment "McMuffin" University :)

:D :D :D :D :D  Happy Meals for Breakfast!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

calhsu

Paint,  your memory is short.  2002-2003 HSU went 27-1 and only lost to Trinity who won the national championship.
Now don't get me wrong  MCMURRY  is doing more than just respectable,  there season so far has been very impressive.
I have noticed though that they are playing games a little closer than they did at the beginning of the season..  Tuesday's game will be a test.  Of course it will mean more to HSU.  If HSU won it will still come to going to MC for the playoffs.  I have changed my mind on the results of the playoffs.  McMurry could still go to the tournament if they didn't win.  And I think HSU or MC could go if they were second.  The reason for the change is their being in the polls for a long period of time.

millie

i have a question...i don't know if it will be answered or not, but i will try...over the past several years(i have only been into for D3 3 years)besides HSU, MCM and MC what other schools have ever been ranked in the polls...don't go all the way back to the 1950's..i just want to know the years that would give a school a "tradition"

Ralph Turner

Quote from: calhsu on January 30, 2006, 11:33:24 AM
Paint,  your memory is short.  2002-2003 HSU went 27-1 and only lost to Trinity who won the national championship.
Now don't get me wrong  MCMURRY  is doing more than just respectable,  there season so far has been very impressive.
I have noticed though that they are playing games a little closer than they did at the beginning of the season..  Tuesday's game will be a test.  Of course it will mean more to HSU.  If HSU won it will still come to going to MC for the playoffs.  I have changed my mind on the results of the playoffs.  McMurry could still go to the tournament if they didn't win.  And I think HSU or MC could go if they were second.  The reason for the change is their being in the polls for a long period of time.

calhsu, technical point...the polls have absolutely nothing to do with the playoff selections.

The NCAA Handbook has the primary and secondary coriteria listed on page 15-17.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/handbooks/basketball/2006/2006_d3_w_basketball_handbook.pdf

Selection Monday is February 27th.

inthepaint

Quote from: calhsu on January 30, 2006, 11:33:24 AM

I am assuming your reference to a short memory is in the context of my words, "HSU's dominance is over."  Going back to 2002-2003 to point to my beloved Cowgirls' domination confirms my point.  I was in the stands when they dominated.  I witnessed the "almost perfect season" first hand.  It is over.  The Jackets took them to school last season and the Lady Indians are doing the same with everyone this year.  The conference tournament could go to anyone but HSU's domination is over. 

millie

Quote from: inthepaint on January 29, 2006, 04:57:04 PM

Sorry that this focuses exclusively on the west but when the east teams are doing what the western division teams do every year then they, too, will be added to the mix. ;)

i don't know who if anyone else has been ranked in the polls or not (since i got no response to my question) if there are add them to the list.  paint you act like every team in the west is superior but in reality there are only 3 teams in "the mix" and two of those teams MC and McM just got there. so i really don't know why you are throwing digs to the East but remember not only does the west have some very good teams they also last year had the team with the longest losing streak in history of any division. Schriner has come a long way and we are really proud of them (they only lost to McM by 6 last weekend) my point is not to dis on Schriner but to show how much things can change in a year

dsc

Note:

If you tune in to the HSU-McM game on Tuesday, you'll miss it.

HSU's homepage shows it tonight...Monday, Jan. 30th.

Just a FYI...

Go Cowgirls!!!
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

inthepaint

Quotepaint you act like every team in the west is superior

Nope, I have never acted like every team in the west is superior to the eastern side of the ASC.  McM, HSU and HPU are superior to every team in the east and I have implied that I believe in the last couple of years that UMHB and UCA were also superior. 

Just wanted to get everything on the table.  I hate it when folks puts words in my mouth that just are not true.

mcmfan

At stake at the McM-HSU game isn't whether or not McMurry is  a force to be reckoned with or not.  At stake is winning the Western Division conference title.  McM was a force last year, got into the conference tournament, and beat 1st seed HSU.  But it won neither the division (that was HSU) nor the conference (that was HPU).  If McM wins tonight, it almost clinches the division unless the whole team falls apart for the rest of the season.  Of course, HSU has to beat McM tonight if it wants any chance for that title, and as has been pointed out by other posters, HSU has been winning lately by higher margins against the same teams than McM -- a reversal of the point spread before the first McM-HSU meeting this season.  This is clearly a major game for both teams.  Go Indians!
Alacumba!

nash

Well it seems to me that until someone from the ASC wins the National Championship it is a mute point as to which side is superior to the other.

Ralph Turner

Very tough defensive game.

HSU 20-14 at the half.

Ralph Turner

Halftime Stats:

Richardson FG's 3 made ; FT 4-9; Burton  2 Fg's for  4pts.

FG 5-35!  3FG 0-7;  FT 4-9;  Rebs 9 off + 17 def = 26 total. 3 steas 2 assists, 7 turnovers.

Richardson has 7 rebs.

HSU fouls  among the posts

Hawk 2 fouls, Sonya West 2; Henley 3; Green 2 fouls.

Dennard 7 pts and 7 rebs. Sonya West 4 points and 6 rebs, Henley 3 pts and 6 rebs, Hawk 3 pts and 6 rebs, Singletary 3 pts.

FG 7-25; 3FG 2-8; FT 6-12; TO 11 Steals 3.