WBB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by onearmedscot, July 15, 2005, 12:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkwest

Great video of the Bethel squad reacting to a well-earned at large bid: http://athletics.bethel.edu/news/2015/3/2/WBB_0302155445.aspx

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The basketball season has started for most. Quirky schedules means some have not hit the hardwood as of yet. Tonight, Dave will talk to some who have started, some who have not, and some who are still getting used to new coaches.

Hoopsville new early season Sunday shows debuts tonight at 7 PM ET! You can watch the show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/nov15

Guests tonight include:
- Matt Logie, #3 Whitworth men
- Joe Riverso, Augsburg women
- Rich Micallef, Brooklyn men
- Kenrda Hassell, #21 Texas-Tyler women
- Ryan Whitnable, Great Lakes Region Reporter

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
SoundCloud (podcast): www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

Alright, folks -- the NCAA's first women's basketball regional rankings are posted. Check out the full list from D3hoops.com:
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2016/02/10/first-2016-regional-rankings-released-today/

Where'd everyone go on this board?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It might be a holiday for those romantically inclined, but it is also getting down to the end of the Division III basketball season. Just two weeks remain between now and the end of the regular season and nothing has been determined.

On Sunday night's Hoopsville, Dave McHugh will talk to some teams who have emerged from no where to be in a position to surprise when their conference tournaments begin. McHugh also talks to a few teams who can't seem to be knocked off their conference pedestal, but still feel they have something to prove. And the hectic schedule of conference travel can take it's toll.

Sunday's show start at 7:00 pm ET and promises to go well into overtime. You can watch the show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/feb14

Guests included (in order of appearance):
- Tara Macciocco, Marywood women's coach
- Dr. George Barber, Greenville men's coach
- Ruth Sinn, No. 8 St. Thomas women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Rusty Eggen, Northeast Region Report, WPI Sports Information Director
- Angela Santa Fe, Regis (Mass.) women's coach
- Andy Partee, Colorado College men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

And a reminder the Hoopsville Fundraising Project is halfway to the deadline but we are not that close to the goal. Please consider helping us cover Division III basketball the way it deserves to be covered: http://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser/x/6029509.

Thanks!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Smitty Oom

Don't follow the men's as closely as the women's.... what are the chances BU gets a Pool C birth?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Smitty Oom on February 17, 2017, 07:51:07 AM
Don't follow the men's as closely as the women's.... what are the chances BU gets a Pool C birth?

They are in an interesting area of the West rankings. I could see them getting to the board or I could see them never getting there. So bubble seems right, maybe on the outside, but I rather see next week's rankings to know. Teams around them are playing each other twice in the next two weeks plus other results.

Smitty Oom

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 17, 2017, 02:49:17 PM

They are in an interesting area of the West rankings. I could see them getting to the board or I could see them never getting there. So bubble seems right, maybe on the outside, but I rather see next week's rankings to know. Teams around them are playing each other twice in the next two weeks plus other results.

Looks like that is a no... You probably referenced this somewhere but I don't take as much time following women's..  :'( What was holding the Royals back?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Smitty Oom on February 27, 2017, 06:05:33 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 17, 2017, 02:49:17 PM

Looks like that is a no... You probably referenced this somewhere but I don't take as much time following women's..  :'( What was holding the Royals back?

They basically don't have any quality wins to hang a hat on...

PurpleReign

Best of luck to the Tommies - talented and deep squad.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Division III NCAA tournaments have already seen their fair share of twists and turns. Both defending champions eliminated on the opening night, several home teams beaten, off-the-radar squads tearing Top 10 teams apart, and much more.

It has been an exciting start. What's next?

Can the home teams parlay a perceived advantage into a Championship Weekend appearence? What Cinderalla team will hear the chimes of midnight? What program will continue to make history? How will the battle of Top 25 teams shake out? And will a storied career end this weekend or in Salem?

There is plenty to talk about ahead of the Sectional Weekend and Dave McHugh has a super-sized list of guests on Thursday night's Hoopsville.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE staring at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/mar9 --- or via the Facebook Live simulcast. If you missed any part of the show, you can watch it On Demand or listen to the podcast.

Despite the large list of guests, Dave will find time to answer questions as well. Make sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or tweet them and Dave will answer them on air.

Guests scheduled (in order of appearance):
- Brian Morehouse, No. 18 Hope women's coach
- Trevor Woodruff, No. 17 Scranton women's coach
- Craig Carse, Hardin-Simmons men's coach
- Ruth Sinn, No. 2 St. Thomas women's coach
- Michelle Ferenz, No. 16 Whitman women's coach
- Kevin App, Williams men's coach
- Grey Giovanine, Augustana men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Ralph Turner

My thoughts and prayers are with the St Catherine's community.

I am sorry to hear of the damage and the losses.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/minnesota-woman-strikes-st-kates.php

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Insane story... but lots of things these days would arguably be insane.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Rofrog

Watching Augsburg/St Thomas going to overtime did the coach have a time out in regulation?If so why didn't he advance the ball after St Thomas tied it.Thanks for info

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Rofrog on February 07, 2018, 09:48:31 PM
Watching Augsburg/St Thomas going to overtime did the coach have a time out in regulation?If so why didn't he advance the ball after St Thomas tied it.Thanks for info

Each team gets an additional timeout for OT.

And ask the coach. Not all coaches want to advance the ball. The Chicago Bulls were famous for not advancing the ball and running the entire 94-feet during their Michael Jordan hey-day. There are plenty of other examples as well.