WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klompen

Glad to see Andrea Clark was not out for the season after all.  Nice to have her back in the lineup.  Now if the Dutch could just notch a few wins instead of so many games that "they played well" or "they were in it to the end".  This team works hard and I hope they start seeing some victories with Andrea back.

doolittledog

Dubuque women beat Luther 60-46 in Decorah.

Dubuque seems to be a jekyl and hyde type team this year. 

Bird Dog

Simpson 4-1 and Coe 5-1 win tonight.  Simpson by 11 and Coe by 30?  I didn't see that that one coming. 

Show down in Indianola Saturday for first place.  2:00 pm be there or be square. 

Coe shoots 73% from 3pt land and 66% from the freethrow line.

Helpful hint of the week to Coe shoot your free throws from as far away from the freethrow line as you can.

The Central vs Cornell game was a barnburner.  Cornell wins, the Andrea/Camille had similar lines with Camille scoring more pts. but Andrea getting more rebounds.

Dubuque wins with Nichols only getting 6 pts.  Did Luther use a junk defense (Box and one) or something else to contain her?

doolittledog

Quote from: Bird Dog on January 13, 2010, 11:07:10 PM

Dubuque wins with Nichols only getting 6 pts.  Did Luther use a junk defense (Box and one) or something else to contain her?

I only saw the final 10 minutes of the Dubuque/Luther game.  And even then, I was busy playing Wii with my kids.  It looked like Luther would play Nichols 1 on 1 but as soon as the ball was sent in to her they would drop another 1 or 2 on her, which caused a few turnovers.  Dubuque defense seemed to bother Luther more though, and Dubuque had balanced scoring tonight.  Dubuque might not be a top team in the conference just yet, but they are a deep team. 

Klompen

Congratulations to Cornell.  I thought maybe the Dutch would be able to pull of the win here, but no such luck.  They play so competitively, but just can't quite win.  Watching the Dutch women is very much like watching the Cornell football team I would guess.  PH, I feel your pain.

hoop_junkie

What is up w/IIAC officiating? I've seen quite a few games this year, either on webcast or in person and the officiating in the Iowa Conference is pretty bad!!! I've officiated at the HS and College levels for over 10 years now and the IIAC is behind many other D3 leagues in terms of the quality of officiating. Too much inconsistency amongst the crews. And they need to get together and figure out how they're going to call the "hand check" once and for all. So many times this year, I've seen it called in very touchy situations and other times when a hand is on a dribbler and they're advancing the ball there is no call. If I were the IIAC coaches I'd go into every game expecting it to be bad. Kudos to the coaches for having to put up with poor officiating night in and night out. IDK how they do it??

Bird Dog

Quote from: Klompen on January 14, 2010, 09:32:53 AM
Congratulations to Cornell.  I thought maybe the Dutch would be able to pull of the win here, but no such luck.  They play so competitively, but just can't quite win.  Watching the Dutch women is very much like watching the Cornell football team I would guess.  PH, I feel your pain.

Klompen I hope you are are going to the game today.  I feel today is the day.

hoop_junkie

Watched the Central/Luther webcast today. What an offensive explosion for Luther, a team that doesn't have a whole lot of fire power beyond Jewell and Stenhaug. Looks like they had great balance today. Does Central ever play any defense? Seems to me that they don't care to defend anybody!!!

Klompen

Quote from: hoop_junkie on January 16, 2010, 11:01:25 PM
Watched the Central/Luther webcast today. What an offensive explosion for Luther, a team that doesn't have a whole lot of fire power beyond Jewell and Stenhaug. Looks like they had great balance today. Does Central ever play any defense? Seems to me that they don't care to defend anybody!!!
I actually try to avoid watching the games in person as they always seem to play worse when I am there to witness it.  Saturday was one of those days, I have never seen Central look that bad.  I don't know if the close loss to Cornell took the fight out of them or waiting so long to get the game started, but it was very difficult to watch.  I actually tried to come in time for the men's game only, but because of Luther bus problems the games were running late and I had to sit through the second half of the women's game.  I give Luther a lot of credit for making Central look bad.  For a next to the last place team in the conference they were shooting very well and were really hustling on offense getting lots of steals off Central's sloppy passing. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Central, but there just wasn't anything to love about the way they played on Saturday afternoon.  I will say that getting fired up for a game, then having to wait, and wait and wait to play a game that was supposed to start at 4:00 can't be easy. 

doolittledog

Beware, the "Klompen curse" mwuh ha ha ha ha

The good thing about the Dutch playing poorly while Klompen is in attendance is the concession stand makes a lot more in sales!!!

I think we just have a very weird year for womens basketball in the IIAC.  Bad teams can beat good teams on any given night.  Dubuque looks like a top tier team one night and then a bottom feeder the next week. 

hoop_junkie

Watching the Luther/Simpson game and Coe/Loras game simultaneously. Simpson really gets up and down the court and it's quite evident that they use their athleticism well. It appears as if Luther is going to be out of the hunt come conference tournament time. 2 bad recruiting classes in a row seem to have caught up w/the Norse.

doolittledog

Quote from: hoop_junkie on January 18, 2010, 07:57:28 PM
Watching the Luther/Simpson game and Coe/Loras game simultaneously. Simpson really gets up and down the court and it's quite evident that they use their athleticism well. It appears as if Luther is going to be out of the hunt come conference tournament time. 2 bad recruiting classes in a row seem to have caught up w/the Norse.

You seem to be somebody that knows his/her IIAC hoops.  Great to have you on here. 

hoop_junkie

Quote from: doolittledog on January 19, 2010, 05:39:59 PM
Quote from: hoop_junkie on January 18, 2010, 07:57:28 PM

You seem to be somebody that knows his/her IIAC hoops.  Great to have you on here. 

Thanks! Always looked at these boards but never shared in the discussion. Good to be here. Big day for IIAC tomorrow!!!

Klompen

Any thoughts on whether the games will go on tonight with all the ice at least in Central (pun not intended) Iowa?

I was remiss in my post about how hard it was to watch the Central women's game against Luther.  While it was a tough game for a Central fan to watch, there was a real bright spot.  In the midst of a terrible team performance, Central's Kelsey Schuring came on strong with an 18 point performance.  Those Schuring genes have been good ones for Central College, ask any IIAC football fan.   ;D

It is nice to see that Kelsey and Haley Brillhart, both from Pella, are doing so well for the Dutch. 

Bird Dog

Klompen fortunately we have already played in Pella.  We face murderers row everytime we go there.  Weirich Meat shop, Browns Shoe Fit, Jarsma Bakery and the other bakery.  Usually dropping a couple C's. Warning to other IIAC travelers its a bad area of town for the check book oops debit card. 

Klompen I'm sorry I couldn't remember the name of the other bakery please educate our readers.

Any other conference members if you have any unique shops I'd like to hear about them.