WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doolittledog

We're looking forward to following the IIAC this season.  Hopeing UD does well in all of this...but looking forward to the season regardless. 

Bird Dog

I just went back to my post of June 3, 2011 and found this tidbit:

DUBUQUE 11-16 (7-9)  Loses Tena Stark and Tifany Brown.  Return Aimee Reyser Jr. (1st team IIAC) 12.3, Mollie Whiting So. (2nd team IIAC) 16.1 and Alia Cook (Honorable Mention) 9.8 ppg.
Dolittledog should be excited, late season upset of Wartburg, a two point game on Simpsons home floor, and returning quality players should have the dog drooling.  A women's basketball championship would be icing on the cake to go along with next years UD footall championship.

Who'da thunk the Birddog would get a prediction right about a football team.  Alia Cook was a junior last year and not on the roster this year.  I believe she would have helped inside but Heather Taylor is a capable replacement.  Taylor got 11 pts. against Simpson in a two pt. loss in the tournament @ Simpson. 

The old Loras vs. U.D. rivalry might mean more than just bragin' rights in Dubuque this year. 

Bird Dog

Games kick off tonight.

Central at Bethany Lutheran

Simpson at AIB

Knox at Cornell

U.W. LaCrosse at Loras

Coe at Elmhurst

B.V. at Nebraska Wesleyan

Good luck to all. 

Bird Dog

What happened?

Preseason favorite Simpson holds off Cornell (picked for seventh) 63 to 60 on Simpsons home floor in OT.

Picked for second Wartburg holds off Luther (picked for ninth) 77 to 72, this was on Luthers home floor. 

Picked for 6th and 8th respectively B.V. 69 over Central 63

Tied for third Coe 57 over Loras 55 on Coe's home floor.

Dubuque idle.  Giving Doolittledog time to cheer for his second favorite team in the league (who ever is playing Loras).

Looks like this season may be a dog fight from top to bottom. 

doolittledog

Interesting that Luther is picked for 9th in the league.  Just a few years ago Luther was at the top of the conference and making sweet 16 appearances. 

doolittledog

Coe wins at Dubuque tonight 66-56.  We didn't watch the game.  We were too busy trying to put the tree up and all those other festive activities. 

Bird Dog

Wartburg whoops on Simpson 71 to 54 @ Waverly

Cornell defeats Central 77 to 72 in OT @ Cornell

Loras beats Luther 65 to 43

Coe 66 U.D. 56.

Has Simpsons slipped a notch only time will tell. 

Bird Dog

Quote from: doolittledog on December 02, 2011, 04:05:40 PM
Interesting that Luther is picked for 9th in the league.  Just a few years ago Luther was at the top of the conference and making sweet 16 appearances.

2006-07 season I believe Luther won the conference and had POY sophomore Blair Ernst.  Ernst decided not to play the next year, Luther finished second but lost to Coe in the tournament and it has been all down hill since then.  Last year Ernst coached Wartburgs J.V. squad.  She was an excellent player and lead CR Wash to a couple of second place finishes at state in high school

Bird Dog

Congrats to Coach Peterson on her 92 wins at Coe.  The most by a Coe womens basketball coach.  She did it in the begining of her sixth year.  She also has the highest winning percentage. 

Who ever is announcing the Coe games is doing an excellent job.  Sounds professional!

doolittledog

Dubuque wins at NCC 63-60 (revenge for our football team).  UD down 23 points in the 1st half, holds NCC scoreless for the 1st 14 minutes of the 2nd half to pull out the win. 

Bird Dog

Congratulations to Coe on beating Simpson 75 to 72.  Coe has beaten Simpson 3 of the last 4 times they have played.  Stacey Schutjer didn't play.  She is recovering from a concussion wish her a speedy recovery.

Elsewhere in the Conference

B.V. 61   Cornell 60
Wartburg 76  Central 57
Loras 64   Dubuque 50

Coe has been using a professional broadcaster Jerry Coala (sp) the play by play has been very good. 

doolittledog

Hey Bird Dog...I'm taking my son to the UD/Coe game in CR later this month.  Where should I park...what's the best way to get into the building...where is the building...any food at the concession stand to stay away from???

I think my son is more interested in getting a hot dog and a sprite than actually seeing the game, but we're looking forward to it. 

Bird Dog

Have you been to a Football game at Coe?  If you have you are a block and a half from Eby Fieldhouse.  Walk out the front entrance of the football stadium the building on the left is the tennis center, go straight (no direction it is impossible to tell directions in C.R. it's laid out by the river so everything is N.E. S.W. etc.) When you come to a T intersection (one way street)with a parking lot across the street that is the side and back of Eby. I like to park in the parking lot to the right before crossing the street and walk across the street. Go to the left to get to the front of the building.  In the front of the building you will walk by a glass wall with swimming pool take the next set of steps up to the basketball arena. 

Concessions are limited, no hot dogs, pizza, popcorn, soda, and candy.  The 28th is a little far out for my schedule but I will try and make the game too, would like to meet you. That is if they let me come to another game the only one I've been to they lost. 

doolittledog

Simpson wins at home today 82-71...or maybe 81-72 over Dubuque.

doolittledog

Last place Dubuque wins at 1st place Wartburg.  Great job Lady Spartans.  I have no idea the score because my work computer has no audio and the Wartburg camera never showed the scoreboard.