WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird Dog

gottaluv did you go to D3 Hoops' news releases and read the Oct. 20 Simpson release that detailed their returning veterans and newcomers.  They got some impressive recruits including a Marshalltown Juco (Kitzman 14ppg.) and Stacy Schutjer a 6'2" player from WCLT (I hope I got all the Initials in).  I saw Schutjer a couple of years ago at the state tournament she was impressive. 

I find it interesting that everyone in the league except Simpson can post their rosters on their web site. 

In the top twentyfive ratings did you notice Loras got 8 points? 

Kohawk Krazy

Quote from: Bird Dog on October 21, 2008, 10:15:54 PM
Pedictions for 2008-09 Season

First:  Buena Vista with all starters back and DIII Magazines preseason player of the year Margo Muhlbauer.

Second: Simpson lost Whiton, Kratch, and Beals but the tradition lives on with Montague, Franker, Larson, and Fields.  Katie Ingram could become one of the best guards in the league.

Third:  Luther lost Tiekpe, Dunnwald and Ernst.  Hildebrand is a veteran coach.  Luther seems to attract winners.  Delsang, Stenhaug, and Furlong provide good nucleus.

Fourth:  Loras Bava, Morrisesy, and improving Mindy Clark give the team an inside outside game.  I'll miss Pucci's great play and all league name and nickname.

Fifth:  Dubuque, Nichols, Nelson and Stark are back.  Two transfers were rumored only one I could see on the roster Parr.  The DII girl doesn't appear to be there.

Sixth:  Central Clark, Carlson, Gerst, and the return of De Jong could mean a move up from last year. 

Seventh:  Wartburg  no roster published yet but Harrington and Van Sloten two players to build on.  I'll miss Campbell and that scrappy little Frantz.

Eighth:  Coe graduated four senior starters including three time all conference 1st teamer Karkosh.  Anciaux and Norris top returnees.  Two transfers could help.  Rumor about a hot shot player named Remi that isn't listed on the roster yet. 

Ninth:  Cornell Tiffany Cowan is fun to watch and hopefully won't miss any of her senior season.  Alicia West is a good player but appears to be the only sophomore returning. 

This is tough using just rosters and only seeing each team play twice last season.  Please sound off on these picks or if you don't want to do the whole league tell me why your team should move up.

Sorry I'm sure some of the names are misspelled.

Remember if you saw it on the internet it must be true!

Wow!  8th place for the Kohawks.

I'm betting this one is getting posted in the Locker Room.

I look for the Kohawks to finish no worse than 3rd place.  While they lost some key seniors, the recruits that Coach Peterson brought in are pretty good.  Look for the Kohawks to open some eyes this year.

gottaluvhoops

Yes I did notice that Loras received 8 points.  Not sure what talent level they brought in but I do believe they lost their best player to graduation last year. 

On a side note-I was a little surprised to not see Margo Mulhbauer on the pre-season all-american list.  Isn't she on pace to score 2,000 career points or close to it?

Anyone else with predicitons?  I live in Southern MN so I try to get down and see some IIAC games during the year.

doolittledog

Dubuque has me intrigued this year.  Their new coach is supposedly a great recruiter.  My wife and I usually make the Dubuque @ Wartburg game and are trying to make one game at the new (renovated) place Dubuque has now. 

OshDude

If anyone's interested in the D-III regional volleyball tournaments, I have a fairly extensive blog that covers the St. Thomas (where LC and SC will be) and Oshkosh regionals. It's not bad in national terms, either. Stop by and tell me what you think.

witoia

UD looked very strong against Division I University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (picked to finish 3rd
in the Horizon League, with last year's Player of the Year and this year's Pre-season Player of the Year 6'3 Traci Edwards).  The Spartans were down 3 in the last minutes of the game, and had a chance to cut it to 1, but missed 2 freethrows.  Crazy stat of the game:  UD forced UWM into 29 turnovers (14 steals), while committing 18 of their own. 

UD's returners looked strong.  The newcomers looked very good, with transfer Krystle Parr leading them in scoring with 14.  The freshman all looked very confident and will give UD a ton of depth.

GAME RECAP:  http://uwmpanthers.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/110908aab.html

LCNorse

First:  Buena Vista with all starters back and DIII Magazines preseason player of the year Margo Muhlbauer.

Second: Simpson lost Whiton, Kratch, and Beals but the tradition lives on with Montague, Franker, Larson, and Fields.  Katie Ingram could become one of the best guards in the league.

Third:  Luther lost Tiekpe, Dunnwald and Ernst.  Hildebrand is a veteran coach.  Luther seems to attract winners.  Delsang, Stenhaug, and Furlong provide good nucleus.

Fourth:  Loras Bava, Morrisesy, and improving Mindy Clark give the team an inside outside game.  I'll miss Pucci's great play and all league name and nickname.

Fifth:  Dubuque, Nichols, Nelson and Stark are back.  Two transfers were rumored only one I could see on the roster Parr.  The DII girl doesn't appear to be there.

Sixth:  Central Clark, Carlson, Gerst, and the return of De Jong could mean a move up from last year. 

Seventh:  Wartburg  no roster published yet but Harrington and Van Sloten two players to build on.  I'll miss Campbell and that scrappy little Frantz.

Eighth:  Coe graduated four senior starters including three time all conference 1st teamer Karkosh.  Anciaux and Norris top returnees.  Two transfers could help.  Rumor about a hot shot player named Remi that isn't listed on the roster yet. 

Ninth:  Cornell Tiffany Cowan is fun to watch and hopefully won't miss any of her senior season.  Alicia West is a good player but appears to be the only sophomore returning. 

This is tough using just rosters and only seeing each team play twice last season.  Please sound off on these picks or if you don't want to do the whole league tell me why your team should move up.

Not sure how LC is going to be this year...and I would not be surprised to see Coe when the conference. I think this year will be similar to most though with BV, Simpson, and Luther battling it out for the top 3 spots, but Coe will deffinitly be a contender also.

"I always have to think about what's important in life to me are these three things. Where you started; where you are; and where you're gonna be." Jimmy V

Bird Dog

Quote from: Kohawk Krazy on November 06, 2008, 12:39:16 AM

Wow!  8th place for the Kohawks.

I'm betting this one is getting posted in the Locker Room.

I look for the Kohawks to finish no worse than 3rd place.  While they lost some key seniors, the recruits that Coach Peterson brought in are pretty good.  Look for the Kohawks to open some eyes this year.

I believe the coaches were to turn in their picks last Friday.  Get your picks or comments in before the IIAC press release is posted.  The coaches are not allowed to vote for their team I probably shouldn't have commented on the team I follow.  Is that an ethics violation?  I'm still on probation will that get me kicked off the board.

LCNorse

Why couldn't you comment on the team that you root for?
"I always have to think about what's important in life to me are these three things. Where you started; where you are; and where you're gonna be." Jimmy V

Bird Dog

Rank School (1st place votes) Points 2007-08 Record
1 Simpson (8) 72 (27-3, 15-1 IIAC)
2 Buena Vista (1) 57 (13-13, 7-9 IIAC)
3 Luther 56 (15-10, 12-4 IIAC)
4 Coe 52 (20-8, 11-5 IIAC)
5 Loras 46 (17-9, 9-7 IIAC)
6 Wartburg 37 (13-11, 6-10 IIAC)
Dubuque 37 (14-13, 7-9 IIAC)
8 Central 21 (4-21, 2-14 IIAC)
9 Cornell 18 (8-17, 3-13 IIAC)

These are the  coaches picks on the IIAC page, obviously they have more insight than I do especially about Coe.

LC Norse my last post was an attempt at humor it failed miserably. 

Good luck to Coe, Cornell and Central on Saturday hope they all win.

Kohawk Krazy

My Projections:

Simpson ( 72 (27-3, 15-1 IIAC)
Coe 52 (20-8, 11-5 IIAC)
Loras 46 (17-9, 9-7 IIAC)
Luther 56 (15-10, 12-4 IIAC)
Buena Vista (1) 57 (13-13, 7-9 IIAC)
Dubuque 37 (14-13, 7-9 IIAC)
Wartburg 37 (13-11, 6-10 IIAC)
Cornell 18 (8-17, 3-13 IIAC)
Central 21 (4-21, 2-14 IIAC)

Kohawk Krazy

Kohawks open the season with a 72-66 win over Augustana.  Should be able to be 2-0 after tomorrow's game with Grinnell...

Bird Dog

Congrats to Central, Cornell, and Coe on their wins this weekend.

Coe won its second game of the season.  62-51.  Kayla Waskow and Sarah Anciaux made All Tournament team.

Keep up the good work IIAC teams.

Bird Dog

Tonights Games
« on: Today at 07:35:53 am »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions for tonight:

BV routs Martin Luther by 15 would be more but coach Berry has opportunity to play deep bench.

Loras beats Augustana a close game but Loras pulls away at end to win by 12.

Remember you heard it here first.

Good luck Duhawks and Beavers.

I talked to several people over the weekend that read this but haven't  sign up.  I would like to encourage you to sign up and then post up people!

Old timers its time to start chattering.  Us JV players are looking to move up.

Made a JV mistake and posted this first in wrong area me bad.

doolittledog

Bird Dog, posting at 6:30am will lead to mistakes...especially if you haven't had your morning coffee yet ;)