FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HScoach

You can't loan a player a car for 18 months?  Who knew such a thing was frowned upon......
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

jamtod

Quote from: HScoach on July 02, 2020, 11:49:55 AM
You can't loan a recruit and then a player a car for 18 months?  Who knew such a thing was frowned upon......

ftfy

Dr. Acula

Looks like finally some clarity from the OAC with an official announcement.  No OOC games.  Conference only football schedule beginning 9/19.  Raiders open in Berea.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Dr. Acula on July 02, 2020, 12:23:20 PM
Looks like finally some clarity from the OAC with an official announcement.  No OOC games.  Conference only football schedule beginning 9/19.  Raiders open in Berea.

It didn't seem clear to me if that was regular season only or automatically eliminated OAC teams from post season play

wally_wabash

From the release:
QuoteTo that end, the OAC is preparing schedules that maximize participation opportunities that lead to Conference championships and subsequent NCAA participation. 

Intent to participate in NCAA postseasons seems pretty clear. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

rscl70

Because everyone knows that OAC students are less susceptible than those in other conferences to viruses in general and Corona specifically.
12-0 = 13

MUC57

Quote from: rscl70 on July 03, 2020, 09:18:42 AM

Because everyone knows that OAC students are less susceptible than those in other conferences to viruses in general and Corona specifically.

rscl70

❓

Oh hell, you're probably right. How about a +K!   ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

WRMUalum13

Quote from: wally_wabash on July 03, 2020, 12:07:29 AM
From the release:
QuoteTo that end, the OAC is preparing schedules that maximize participation opportunities that lead to Conference championships and subsequent NCAA participation. 

Intent to participate in NCAA postseasons seems pretty clear.

Oh thanks, whatever I read must not have been the full release, I didn't see that part.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: rscl70 on July 03, 2020, 09:18:42 AM

Well it's just a way to cut down on travel right? They don't need to have students in hotels or anything with an all in conference schedule, plus they'll know as a conference what precautions they are taking, playing OOC could be a crapshoot in terms of opponents precautions/ testing etc

Pat Coleman

And they don't have to leave the state, so they don't have to deal with the possibility of managing different regulations for opponents in/from New York, Pennsylvania, Iowa, etc.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 03, 2020, 12:02:37 PM
And they don't have to leave the state, so they don't have to deal with the possibility of managing different regulations for opponents in/from New York, Pennsylvania, Iowa, etc.

I feel like out of state competition restriction would have been a good solution as well considering Mount's non conference opponent is in state, but then we'd have uneven numbers across the conference

OzJohnnie

Bingo.  Government risk is huge.  It's certainly having a near unmanageable impact on multi-jurisdictional sporting competitions here in Aus and elsewhere.
[  

Pat Coleman

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on July 03, 2020, 01:52:37 PM

I feel like out of state competition restriction would have been a good solution as well considering Mount's non conference opponent is in state, but then we'd have uneven numbers across the conference

Mount's non-conference opponent is in Pennsylvania.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 03, 2020, 05:23:21 PM

Oh I'm sorry I thought it was Defiance, that must have been last year. My bad, good catch Pat.

rscl70

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on July 03, 2020, 10:39:07 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 03, 2020, 05:23:21 PM

Oh I'm sorry I thought it was Defiance, that must have been last year. My bad, good catch Pat.

Defiance is in '22 and '23.

I agree limiting travel is wise, and has a much bigger effect on other sports than it does on football.  Soccer and Volleyball have a lot of non-league, out of state play in the early parts of the season.  Sad to see those opportunities go by the wayside, but the silver lining is it will save the schools a bit of change $$$.  I'm hoping that there will be  post-season tournaments.  Benson Stadium has already lost two pre-season football games.  I hope they won't lose the Stagg Bowl.
12-0 = 13