FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleedpurple

Quote from: BoBo on October 03, 2010, 12:45:52 AM
Good golly 02 Warhawk, your're staying in contention in the OAC Pick'em. Personally, I'm having my worst year yet...an after thought. But, it could be worse, seeing that bleedpurple, A/K/A Paul the Octopus, is further down in the pecking order!!  ;D

Pointspreads tend to confuse Paul. I think it has something to do with having all those legs...   ;)

02 Warhawk

Quote from: BoBo on October 03, 2010, 12:45:52 AM
Good golly 02 Warhawk, your're staying in contention in the OAC Pick'em. Personally, I'm having my worst year yet...an after thought. But, it could be worse, seeing that bleedpurple, A/K/A Paul the Octopus, is further down in the pecking order!!  ;D

Just close my eyes and pick a team....it's working so far.

02 Warhawk

Who would think this early in the season that St. Johns and Willamette are already on the verge of missing the playoffs....unreal. It'll be tough for a 2 loss team to get a pool C bid.

sju56321

The best hope for SJU is for UW-EC to finish second in the WIAC with one loss-but can that happen? Then need a lot of two loss second place teams around the region.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

sfury

Quote from: sju56321 on October 03, 2010, 10:46:24 AM
The best hope for SJU is for UW-EC to finish second in the WIAC with one loss-but can that happen? Then need a lot of two loss second place teams around the region.

I've got the Tommies losing to Bethel and Gustavus, then the Johnnies beating Bethel and, there you go...

No? Yeah, probably not. A bid's a longshot but with five weeks left still a lot could happen with the at-large bids. Was thinking of 2004. Wasn't there a ton of crazy things that happened the final week that would have put the Johnnies in...if only they hadn't lost to St. Olaf the week before to get three losses? Don't recall the details but I think a lot of teams people thought were in took a tumble and it opened the door for some other squads.

UWRF

Quote from: BoBo on October 03, 2010, 12:18:54 AM
Quote from: Barber Greene on October 02, 2010, 11:34:15 PM
Quote from: Barber Greene on October 02, 2010, 04:42:46 PM
wow...eau claire wins in OT 20-13

Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwbkH2blW50&feature=player_embedded

This is an example of what HScoach was talking about...the announcers, obviously students, getting a bit worked up at the end!!  ;D   ;)

They arent quite as good as those UWRF student broadcasters...  ;D
Voice of the Jamestown College (ND) Jimmies

UW-River Falls Alum

Follow me on Twitter: @SteveLinzmo

bleedpurple

Quote from: sfury on October 03, 2010, 10:56:57 AM
Quote from: sju56321 on October 03, 2010, 10:46:24 AM

I've got the Tommies losing to Bethel and Gustavus, then the Johnnies beating Bethel and, there you go...

No? Yeah, probably not. A bid's a longshot but with five weeks left still a lot could happen with the at-large bids. Was thinking of 2004. Wasn't there a ton of crazy things that happened the final week that would have put the Johnnies in...if only they hadn't lost to St. Olaf the week before to get three losses? Don't recall the details but I think a lot of teams people thought were in took a tumble and it opened the door for some other squads.

Two losses puts any team in great peril. Many good 2 loss teams are on the outside looking in at playoff time. However, there are 5 weeks for you to pull for crazy things to happen.  As you mentioned regarding 2004, both St. John's and Willamette needs to put the disappointment of this week behind them, take care of business one week at a time, and hope for the best. 

fredfalcon

Pat--thanks for the clue. I can get to the WIAC site now. I had the old address, and it worked until just a few days ago.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

retagent

Thanks for the optimistic tone bp. SJU falls to  #23, UWEC up to #17. I guess that fuels the optimism.

BoBo

Quote from: retagent on October 03, 2010, 11:26:12 PM
Thanks for the optimistic tone bp. SJU falls to  #23, UWEC up to #17. I guess that fuels the optimism.

Interesting that St. Thomas lost 4 votes beating the J's by 1, who lost exactly 1/2 their votes from a week prior (158 to 79). Stout remains at 3 votes, with a date at the Perk this Sat; Point drops 57 votes all the way down to 4 with their loss to EC. The Oshkosh yo-yo is a little confusing - they beat RF and pick up 11 votes, then beat LC for almost the first time in modern, recorded history, but lose 16 (now are at 8). EC picked up 41 votes & 1 position beating Point by 6 in OT. I look forward to see what they do at Platteville this week. Trine (winner over Adrian by 1 score) moves down 1 position, but in the process, picks up 18 votes :-\.  EC, SJU, Stout, Oshkosh, probably even Point beats Trine on any given Sat or Thurs, IMO). Interesting!!  ;)
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

Ryan Coleman

Quote from: BoBo on October 04, 2010, 12:27:24 AM

Interesting that St. Thomas lost 4 votes beating the J's by 1, who lost exactly 1/2 their votes from a week prior (158 to 79). Stout remains at 3 votes, with a date at the Perk this Sat; Point drops 57 votes all the way down to 4 with their loss to EC. The Oshkosh yo-yo is a little confusing - they beat RF and pick up 11 votes, then beat LC for almost the first time in modern, recorded history, but lose 16 (now are at 8). EC picked up 41 votes & 1 position beating Point by 6 in OT. I look forward to see what they do at Platteville this week. Trine (winner over Adrian by 1 score) moves down 1 position, but in the process, picks up 18 votes :-\.  EC, SJU, Stout, Oshkosh, probably even Point beats Trine on any given Sat or Thurs, IMO). Interesting!!  ;)

Actually, UST gained 4 points (I'd wager that they are on every single ballot both weeks).
Week three: 543 points: http://d3football.com/top25/2010/week3
Week four: 547 points: http://d3football.com/top25/2010/current
--
Ryan Coleman
Publisher, d3photography.com

Photo store | X | Mastodon | Patreon

BoBo

Quote from: Ryan Coleman on October 04, 2010, 01:55:53 AM
Quote from: BoBo on October 04, 2010, 12:27:24 AM

Actually, UST gained 4 points (I'd wager that they are on every single ballot both weeks).
Week three: 543 points: http://d3football.com/top25/2010/week3
Week four: 547 points: http://d3football.com/top25/2010/current

Everything you said may well be correct, but I didn't check week 3...when you think about it, you're going to be a little red-faced. The UST/SJU game was sandwiched between the week 4 and week 5 vote. I'm not sure how the week 3 poll would reflect what was going to happen 2 weeks later!! So obviously, my comments referred to the week 4 top 25 and the one that came out today, week 5. The numbers are like this:

Week 4 551 points, Week 5 547 points; the difference  --  -4 points, just like I indicated!! You had me worried there - I thought I made a major blunder - but I guess I didn't!!  ;)  :o

Here's another one who should feel rather fortunate. Coe, remained a #6 and gained 22 votes, after nearly getting knocked off at Dubuque, playing without their best player. No telling how high they would have jumped had they won convincingly like they should have.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

oshfb

Quote from: bleedpurple on October 02, 2010, 09:48:15 PM
Oshkosh 28
LaCrosse 17
Final

UW-O breaks 37 game winless streak against LaCrosse!

UW-L losing streak extends to 8.

Let's hope and pray Jeremy Roach is not injured too badly.

That is a REALLY big monkey off the shoulders of the Titan Football program.  :D

Any news on Roach's injury?
"A GOOD leader makes you feel as though THEY can conquer the world. A GREAT leader makes you feel as though YOU can conquer the world."

roocru

Open letter to Whitewater and Eau Claire fans,

This Texan plans to be in your fair state for about ten days on vacation with Mrs. Roocru and then following up on some genealogical research for my Dad's side of the family.  Anyway, I am planning on trying to come watch UW play at UEC on Saturday, October 16.  Just wondering who might be there for the game and if there would be a tailgate party I could crash (politely of course)?  I have met a few UW fans at some UMHB games but would like to take this opportunity to meet some more fans and watch some more WIAC football.

Thanks in advance!!
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

Ryan Coleman

Quote from: BoBo on October 04, 2010, 06:28:58 AM
Everything you said may well be correct, but I didn't check week 3...when you think about it, you're going to be a little red-faced. The UST/SJU game was sandwiched between the week 4 and week 5 vote. I'm not sure how the week 3 poll would reflect what was going to happen 2 weeks later!! So obviously, my comments referred to the week 4 top 25 and the one that came out today, week 5. The numbers are like this:
{snipped}

Very good point. I'm not used to the new site yet, apparently.

I stand corrected.
--
Ryan Coleman
Publisher, d3photography.com

Photo store | X | Mastodon | Patreon