FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFMichigan

CUC still has firepower, but their D is giving up big plays by the bushel. With about 13 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter, it's Lake Forest 21 - CUC 19. Just no defense either way.

RFMichigan

7:20 to go in the 2nd quarter and they're in a long rain delay with Lake Forest up 28-26. This has "last team with the ball wins" written all over it. 

RFMichigan

Well, the last team with the ball won't have it today. The last entry on the play-by-play on LiveStats says, "Football finished for today. When play resumes, CUC will have the ball . . ." I'm guessing they finish it tomorrow(?).

d3fan1515

Very surprised by the AU score, was anyone there? What happened?

Gregory Sager

Quote from: d3fan1515 on September 03, 2011, 06:46:11 PM
Very surprised by the AU score, was anyone there? What happened?

See my game recap on the CCIW page.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

d3fan1515

BU wins 45-7, Borsellino goes for 194 yards and scores 3! Austin goes for 120 and gets a TD, and #97 is a beast on the Dline, 3.5 sacks! I'll have more Tmr!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: RFMichigan on September 03, 2011, 05:11:19 PM
Well, the last team with the ball won't have it today. The last entry on the play-by-play on LiveStats says, "Football finished for today. When play resumes, CUC will have the ball . . ." I'm guessing they finish it tomorrow(?).

The indication I got from Lake Forest was that it was not being finished.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

dizzle52

I only saw the first half of the AU game, but from what I saw AU was just unable to get anything going on offense and North Park was dominating the ground game with over 350 yards.  AU was forced to pass the ball 48 times while NP only needed to attempt 3.  While North Park is a much much improved team then recent years, AU didn't really show up for this one.  Give the credit to North Park.  They came to play.  The good news is that this was the first non conference game of a potentially conference championship season for AU.  Spartans have MacMurray next week at home, which should be an easy win if AU shakes off the ugly loss and comes with their heads on right

d3fan1515

Wisconsin Lutheran       Hope   - Hope
Rockford                       Loras- Loras      
MacMurray                       Aurora- Aurora, bounces back and beats up on MacMurray   
Bethel (Minn.)               Concordia Wisconsin- Bethel, this could get ugly!      
Crown (Minn.)               Maranatha- Crown, this is a total guess
Chicago                       Concordia Chicago- Chicago, another guess!
North Park                       Benedictine- BU, I gotta take my team!             
Lakeland                       Carthage- Carthage      

old 40

Good Luck to eberyones team this week. Looks like rain again for Chicago and Indiana. I am going to catch the AU game if it does not rain. I want to see their QB and D at work. I saw BU last week and was impressed with their receivers. Eureka was slow and small. North Park will be a big test for BU. This game and AU will make or break their season.

Week 2
WLC at Hope- WLC wins a close one 14-12
RC at Loras- Loras has too much for RC 37-7
MacMurray at AU- Look out records should fall in this one, AU56-0
Bethal at CUW- CUW will keep it respectable , Bethal 28-14
Crown at MBBC- Crown wins 31-13
Chicago at CUC- Chicago wins barely 28-27
North Park at BU- Bu wins on last second bomb 28-27
LC at Carthage- Carthage easy 31-7

d3fan1515

Congrats to BenU's John Borsellino and Billy Dixon for being named the NAC players of the week! Borsellino was named the offensive player of the week and Dixon was named the special teams player of the week. A kid from Maranatha was named the Defensive player of the week, but his name escapes me at the moment. Congrats to him as well!

MRedbirds77

This week for CUC I am very nervous due to last week what I saw while I was there....I had my younger son at the game so once the weather hit we left..But I saw alot of different formations from their O and tons of weapons,and what was suspected from their D, they gave up big after big play... This Chicago team is no joke to my understanding and if the cougars don't come to play it could get ugly in Riverforest...I am a fan of the cougars and hope they beat this good Chicago team...I can't even say cougars win this won but I think it is going to be a high scoring offensive show from both teams..congrads to the nac players of the week and I wish the best for every NAC team this week....Well see what the cougars do this weekend when they actually play a whole game. ;D

RFMichigan

Quote from: MRedbirds77 on September 08, 2011, 12:03:27 AM
This week for CUC I am very nervous due to last week what I saw while I was there....I had my younger son at the game so once the weather hit we left..But I saw alot of different formations from their O and tons of weapons,and what was suspected from their D, they gave up big after big play... This Chicago team is no joke to my understanding and if the cougars don't come to play it could get ugly in Riverforest...I am a fan of the cougars and hope they beat this good Chicago team...I can't even say cougars win this won but I think it is going to be a high scoring offensive show from both teams..congrads to the nac players of the week and I wish the best for every NAC team this week....Well see what the cougars do this weekend when they actually play a whole game. ;D

Based strictly on the games I saw on video last year, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Chicago is going to be the best team CUC faces this year. I know that BU and AU among others in the conference will be tough, and Adrian will be a top team in the MIAA, but last year's domination by the Maroons was complete. Of course, if CUC's D doesn't improve from last week, it doesn't matter who they play, because they'll make any team look like the Packers. I will be at this game, so I'm looking forward to some improvement.

DWinzee

CUW faces an incredible challenge this week with Bethel who is coming off a great opening game against Simpson. I believe this game will tell a lot about how far CUW has come since last season, especially offensively. CUW may be a black horse this year in the NAC, and suprise some people.

WLCALUM83

My Week 2 guesses:

WLC/Hope:           Hope  (they'll remember the near miss they had last year-and get even for that)
RC/Loras:             Loras
MacMurray/AU:     Aurora
Bethel/CUW:     Bethel
Crown/MBBC:     Crown
Chicago/CUC      Chicago
North Park/BU:    Benedictine (note similar situation to WLC/Hope above)
Lakeland/Carthage:  Carthage