FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombers798891

I'm very excited for the season to start for some reason. I mean, I always look forward to it, but this year, I really want it to start, and I really don't know why. Ithaca's been down, and I'm not sure next year's team is going to be markedly better than last year's overachieving 6-4 squad. So it's not like I'm gearing up expecting some deep run. And yet, I sort of just want the season to get going.

Maybe it's the new lady friend I've got, who I will be indoctrinating into Bomber athletics this year. Either way, seriously, let's go season.

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bombers798891 on May 06, 2013, 01:23:48 PM
I'm very excited for the season to start for some reason. I mean, I always look forward to it, but this year, I really want it to start, and I really don't know why. Ithaca's been down, and I'm not sure next year's team is going to be markedly better than last year's overachieving 6-4 squad. So it's not like I'm gearing up expecting some deep run. And yet, I sort of just want the season to get going.

Maybe it's the new lady friend I've got, who I will be indoctrinating into Bomber athletics this year. Either way, seriously, let's go season.

Pep has the same sort of eagerness for some E8 football, ('cept there's no new lady friend).

The 2012 season, despite the Saxons going undefeated at home (only three games...two of them were Ithaca and Fisher), but Pep's band never had much of an opportunity to grow some new peppers. Of the seven road trips, six of them were three hours or more. Tough to get new pep band recruits to spend six hours of their weekend riding in a bandwagon with a group of crazy Saxon fans they don't really know.

The 2013 season, however, will give the band the opportunity to recruit and develop, opening with a couple non-conference matchups on Merrill Field (RPI, Montclair State) that will test our Saxons' mettle. Hopefully, some new trumpets and trombones will get planted in the band and by season's end, we'll have some well-seasoned peppers with a decent sound for the Saxons.

Pep is also pleased with reports from Spring Football wherein some good competition has begun for some key positions, not to mention the addition this season of a couple D2 transfers that will likely be key contributors. And, Pep is encouraged by having seen videos of some of the new recruits.

Pep is looking forward to a fun season!

On Saxon Warriors! (and get the fight song ready!)
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

sjfcards

Well...There goes Mt. Union's dynasty... ;D

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9254376/mount-union-purple-raiders-coach-larry-kehres-retires-332-wins-11-titles

Congrats to Larry Kehres on an amazing run, that may never be topped in College Football. Such an unreal string of teams, players, and seasons that is hard to do it justice. When Fisher was playing Mount for a few years I was always so impressed with how he handled himself, and always had his team ready for Fisher, even when they were obviously far superior talent wise.

Great Coach!
GO FISHER!!!

D3MAFAN

With the schedules now released, what are the top non-conference games to watch for the E-8 this year?

ITH radio

Fisher vs. Otterbein (OAC) stands out to me.  Actually a couple of SJF's games (vs. Cortland and W&J) look interesting.

Will be curious to see the rematch of the UWW-Buff St game and whether or not 2013 marks a return for the Warhawks back to their usual perch atop D3.

Also really like the IC-Union match up.  Union kind of gave that one away last season and is poised to have a great season.

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

dlippiel

Quote from: ITH radio on May 23, 2013, 09:50:10 AM
Fisher vs. Otterbein (OAC) stands out to me.  Actually a couple of SJF's games (vs. Cortland and W&J) look interesting.

Will be curious to see the rematch of the UWW-Buff St game and whether or not 2013 marks a return for the Warhawks back to their usual perch atop D3.

Also really like the IC-Union match up.  Union kind of gave that one away last season and is poised to have a great season.

dlip noticed the SJF/Otterbein game right away. Goodness gracious dlip loves the way Fisher schedules!!!!! dlip thinks there will be some other good ones. He will look at the schedules and lay down some games later that he'll have his eye on. Union IC will be big for sure. Union guys mentioning that one already!!!!

D3MAFAN

Quote from: dlip on May 23, 2013, 01:51:17 PM
Quote from: ITH radio on May 23, 2013, 09:50:10 AM

dlip noticed the SJF/Otterbein game right away. Goodness gracious dlip loves the way Fisher schedules!!!!! dlip thinks there will be some other good ones. He will look at the schedules and lay down some games later that he'll have his eye on. Union IC will be big for sure. Union guys mentioning that one already!!!!

Without naming every OOC for E8, I would just lay down three. First, as everyone aforementione, the SJF/Otterbein Game, this may decide if Mount gets placed in the East. Next, noticed the Utica/Lewis & Clark Game, a real East vs. West game for the E8. Lastly, the rematch of UWW and Buff St, I called last years match up, the Miracle at Perk. 

D3viewer

Alfred at Brockport. They haven't played a real game (been scrimmage partners) since the mid 90's and they were always good games. It will be Brockport's first night game in history at the new turf field. Precursor to Bport joining the E8 in 2014. Brockport hasn't fared too well in their more recent NC meetings vs other E8 teams SJF and Ithaca.

AUPepBand

Quote from: D3viewer on May 23, 2013, 05:13:05 PM
Alfred at Brockport. They haven't played a real game (been scrimmage partners) since the mid 90's and they were always good games. It will be Brockport's first night game in history at the new turf field. Precursor to Bport joining the E8 in 2014. Brockport hasn't fared too well in their more recent NC meetings vs other E8 teams SJF and Ithaca.

While the game was first posted with a 6 p.m. start, Pep has since read that the game will begin at 2 p.m. Perhaps the lights at Special Olympics Stadium will not have been installed in time?

On Saxon Warriors!

D3viewer

Check back. Both websites now say 6pm again. Brockport has had trouble securing financing it seems on the project. It's one of those on/off/ back on again things I guess.

Knightstalker

Quote from: D3viewer on May 29, 2013, 02:40:39 PM
Check back. Both websites now say 6pm again. Brockport has had trouble securing financing it seems on the project. It's one of those on/off/ back on again things I guess.

Could all the fans in attendance please circle the field with their cars and turn on their lights so we may play this game at night.  Thank you from the Brockport Stadium Lighting Committee.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Knightstalker on May 29, 2013, 03:02:23 PM

Could all the fans in attendance please circle the field with their cars and turn on their lights so we may play this game at night.  Thank you from the Brockport Stadium Lighting Committee.

They should use the same people Cortland used..........both d3 SUNY schools should have similar budgets right?

(This SUNY/who gets what issue has never really been explained clearly to me, but it looks like Cortland gets to pick from one pile of cash, while Brockport, Buff St, and Oswego has to pick from another pile of sash)

Red Dragon Head Coach Dan McNeil tries out the new ski slopes recently installed for Cortland's ski team

Meanwhile, Buff State staff ponders their 2013 football budget

AUKaz00

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on May 29, 2013, 06:58:19 PM
Quote from: Knightstalker on May 29, 2013, 03:02:23 PM

They should use the same people Cortland used..........both d3 SUNY schools should have similar budgets right?

(This SUNY/who gets what issue has never really been explained clearly to me, but it looks like Cortland gets to pick from one pile of cash, while Brockport, Buff St, and Oswego has to pick from another pile of sash)

Red Dragon Head Coach Dan McNeil tries out the new ski slopes recently installed for Cortland's ski team

Meanwhile, Buff State staff ponders their 2013 football budget

It's the State, so everything is politicized.  Every campus is playing the game of trying to get as many appropriations as possible, some are more successful than others and each in different areas (athletics, research, arts, technology, etc.).
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

Bombers798891

http://bombers.ithaca.edu/news/2013/5/30/FB_0530134535.aspx?path=football

Congratulations to Jeff Wittman, the greatest player in Ithaca College football history

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bombers798891 on May 30, 2013, 09:17:55 PM
http://bombers.ithaca.edu/news/2013/5/30/FB_0530134535.aspx?path=football

Congratulations to Jeff Wittman, the greatest player in Ithaca College football history

Pep just saw that and, as always, Bombers798891 beat me to the punch. Congratulations...he joins his Coach Jim Butterfield in the Hall. One of these days, they will be joined by (legendary) AU Football Coach Alex Yunevich (177-85-12), a bulldog-faced defensive genius gem of a coach.

Get the fight song ready!