FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gate90 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

quicksilver

Quote from: PBPOP20 on November 06, 2018, 07:54:51 AM
Quote from: polbear73 on November 05, 2018, 09:15:43 AM
Quote from: lumbercat on November 05, 2018, 09:07:35 AM
Frank-
Temp was about 48 though the wind made it feel colder but overall it was not a frigid night. I think it was special for all the players on both sides to play in the first night game at Bowdoin. A good crowd on both sides contributed to a great atmosphere.

They will do it again at Bates next year though it won't be Bates first night game. Bobcats hosted UMass in a night game in 1949.

The strange thing is what they have done with the seating at Whittier Field. After about 10 games on the new side of Whittier (traditionally the visitors side) the home team has moved back to the old home side. Unfortunately they removed all of the peripheral stands that surrounded the old grandstand. They now have only the 650 seats in the grandstand on the home side so most of the Bowdoin fans stood along the sidelines.

Very poor planning on Bowdoin's part.  Maybe with a few more wins, they'll re-install the seating around the grandstand.

The seating around the grandstand was removed to accommodate the wider track.. so track can host official D3 events where previously the track was insufficient.   If you recall, those stands extend well in front of the old grandstand as well.   I do not think we'll see the return of those supplemental stands.

After a year of b**ching about the grandstand NOT being the home side, they finally switched it back.   It's not an issue.  Mostly students standing and that level of attendance will be once every other year for the next night game.   

Yup -- plus the grandstand now has landmark status so probably cannot be altered by adding bleachers on its sides.

lumbercat

The stands in front of the grandstand were removed for the track. From what I have heard there will again be stands, in some fashion, on both sides of the grandstand. Gotta have more than 650 seats on the home side.
At the end of the day the Bears have provided one of the very best visiting sides in the league. Good sight lines and close easy access to new rest rooms at rear of stands.

polbear73

Quote from: lumbercat on November 06, 2018, 11:12:42 AM
The stands in front of the grandstand were removed for the track. From what I have heard there will again be stands, in some fashion, on both sides of the grandstand. Gotta have more than 650 seats on the home side.
At the end of the day the Bears have provided one of the very best visiting sides in the league. Good sight lines and close easy access to new rest rooms at rear of stands.
I've heard the same thing.  For what it's worth, night games other than the Bates game will be considered in the future, but on a very limited basis.  Other than the Maine schools and perhaps Tufts, I would think travel logistics would preclude Saturday night games with anyone else. 

lumbercat

Polbear-

Agree, but very plausible to do the CBB series at night on a one time basis. I am told that is being considered.

lumbercat

Nescacman/Nescac1-

I thought one of you guys had posted the link to the new Nescac schedule beginning in 2019.
I lost the link and wondered if you could post it again.
Thanks

Nescacman

Quote from: lumbercat on November 06, 2018, 12:38:03 PM
Nescacman/Nescac1-

I thought one of you guys had posted the link to the new Nescac schedule beginning in 2019.
Thanks

We did...we'll post again later...

Nescacman

Nescacman/Nescac1-

Thanks

The NESCAC pulled the link...probably posted to the public by mistake...NESCAC IT person that posted it was probably a Hartford State alum... ;D

We will work our connections, get a PDF and post it...stay tuned...

Nescacman

NESCACMAN 2018 NESCAC Weekly Power Rankings-Week #8

Welcome to the 2018 NESCAC Weekly Power Rankings for Week #8 in "the league where they pay to play"!!! 8 weeks into the 2018 and looks like we have a champ...unless Wes can play spoiler...

1. Hartford State (7-1; last week's rank:2): FY QB Seamus Lambert getting it done for this pseudo NESCAC team...Hartford State can clinch the NESCAC against rival Wesleyan on the road...next up: at Wesleyan.   

2. Amhurst (7-1; LW:1): Can win the Little 3 with a win against rival TTUN this week...next up: TTUN at Amhurst.

3. Tufts (6-2; LW:3): Romped over the Mules...game was 35-0 at the half...next up: at Middlebury.

4. Wesleyan (5-3; LW:5): Guaranteed a winning season last week with win against rival TTUN...will try to play spoiler this against Hartford State...next up: Hartford State at Middletown.

5. Middlebury (5-3; LW:6): Can't figure this team out...Banky/Cosolito finally showed up in week #8...next up: Tufts at Middlebury. 

6. That Team Up North (aka Williams)(5-3; LW:4): Have lost 3 of their last 4...running game was anemic last week against Wesleyan...could be in trouble without QB Maimaron...QB controversy as we head into 2019???...next up: at Amhurst.

7. Colby (2-6; LW:7):  Back to reality...drubbed by Middlebury...this week they play for all the marbles in the C-B-B...next up: Bowdoin at Waterville. 

8. Hamilton (2-6; LW:8): Will try to finish the season on a high note...they have lost last 3 (and 4 of 5) since the beatdown of Bowdoin in week #5...we're not sure if Kenny Gray is injured but he is certainly playing that way...next up: at UBates (Lewiston Campus).

9. Bowdoin (1-7; LW:9): Congrats to the Polars on breaking the losing streak...play the Mules this week for the C-B-B championship...next up: at Colby. 

10. University of Bates (Lewiston Campus)(0-8; LW:9): Disappointing showing at Bowdoin last week...will try to get win #1 this week...next up: Hamilton at Lewiston.

BantamMom

;D" ...for this pseudo NESCAC team...Hartford State...

Can I say how much I LOVE seeing this?  It gives some insight to just how much Trinity's winning ways get's under Nescacman's skin!  Keep it up, I'm eating it up with a spoon!  #JealousyLooksSoAmusingOnYou

amh63

Moving on is my theme of the week....as I prepare to head up to Homecoming on Thursday.  Hope the weather will be good for all the games this weekend.  The Amherst coaches will have the players focus on winning the Little Three Title in the historic Amherst vs Williams game.  As usual, the game will be broadcasted to alum gatherings around the world!
After this weekend, I will be moving on to basketball....seems the season is starting earlier this year for all divisions and conferences except for the Nescac.
Will be checking in on my projected GOTTW...the Trin vs Wes game...the battle of the "Birds" ;D.  Could not control myself on that last comment.  If Amherst wins over Williams, will the LJs win the CAC title IF the Cardinals upset the favorite Bantams?

Nescacman

Quote from: amh63 on November 07, 2018, 10:13:02 AM
Moving on is my theme of the week....as I prepare to head up to Homecoming on Thursday.  Hope the weather will be good for all the games this weekend.  The Amherst coaches will have the players focus on winning the Little Three Title in the historic Amherst vs Williams game.  As usual, the game will be broadcasted to alum gatherings around the world!
After this weekend, I will be moving on to basketball....seems the season is starting earlier this year for all divisions and conferences except for the Nescac.
Will be checking in on my projected GOTTW...the Trin vs Wes game...the battle of the "Birds" ;D.  Could not control myself on that last comment.  If Amherst wins over Williams, will the LJs win the CAC title IF the Cardinals upset the favorite Bantams?

amh63...the answer is yes...if they both win, HS wins by virtue of their win over Amhurst and winning the tiebreaker...if Amhurst wins and HS loses, Amhurst wins the league since they have the better record...Tufts can not win even if they tie for the lead due to the fact that their two loses are to Hartford State and the Lord Mammoths,,,

Nescacman

Quote from: BantamMom on November 07, 2018, 09:24:59 AM
;D" ...for this pseudo NESCAC team...Hartford State...

Can I say how much I LOVE seeing this?  It gives some insight to just how much Trinity's winning ways get's under Nescacman's skin!  Keep it up, I'm eating it up with a spoon!  #JealousyLooksSoAmusingOnYou

Looked who crawled out from under a rock.... ;D

Isn't it visitation day at Hartford State???

Trin9-0

Nescacman/Nescac1-

Thanks

Here's a screenshot of the 2019 & 2020 NESCAC schedule that was posted a few weeks ago:

NESCAC CHAMPIONS: 1974, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1996, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2023
UNDEFEATED SEASONS: 1911, 1915, 1934, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1993, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2022

JoeBag

Let's start some predictions for this weekend's game in Middletown.

Piccirillo goes 2 for 4 on the day..............that is, 2 pic's and 4 sacks including one strip sack.
He spends so much time in the backfield with the Bantam's D ends, Christiano and Perkins, that they all become best friends!

Chipouras has another 200 yard game running off tackle at will. One of the Card's corners will tap out and fake an injury because he is tired of getting steam rolled.

AJ Girard is overheard saying........"Thank god I persuaded my little brother to go to Trinity and not this place"

Final Score- Staters 38, Wes 14

JoeBag

Sorry, I left one prediction out...........

There will not be a brawl on the Wes sideline this year once the 'melt down' starts to occur.
This is a pity. I especially enjoyed seeing the fan's, players, and coaches going at it two years ago at historic Andrus after the Bant's took the lead!