MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Rofrog on February 20, 2019, 11:32:04 PM
Dave do they all get in the east that are ranked or could they move to a different region and put  more teams in that region say?

No region is guarunteed any spots. One team from each region is at the table - one team is selected as an at large. The region which had a team chosen replaces them with the next ranked team available. Another selection is made.

Some regions have seen all their ranked teams get chosen. Some have seen absolutely none chosen. Not all regions are equal.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Rofrog

great points Dave thanks .

NEPAFAN

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

Well Scranton put them self in a big hole.Got it down to 3 then that was it missing free  throws hurt also.Very young  team.Goodluck to the Landmark Champs.

NEPAFAN

No quit. Drew's fans were right on the court. Not sure that is the smartest idea.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

6 offensive fouls by the Royals; have to play smarter than that Came back from down 20 to down 5 with the ball and it gets thrown away. Learning experience - hope they learn.
Slim chance to get to the table for a pool C berth - 4 conference winners ahead of them in rankings won't be considered for at-large. Their low SOS will get bumped up some by playing Drew;others(UMW,Salisbury) playing a quarterfinal game against the lower half of their conference will lose some of their SOS. Scranton will also gain 3 results vs Drew and lose 1(St. Lawrence) in vrro for next rankings. Slim is better than none.

Rofrog

ronk

Congrats to Drew's Nate Aldrich on his career 1st half - 17 pts 6 rebs, 2 blks, 2 steals, 1 assist. He earned the shots; it wasn't bad defense.
  Congrats also to Matt Mancuso for playing ball and keeping his composure in a frenzied environment.

NEPAFAN

Royals went to some pressure that got them back into the game, can we see a bit more of that next year?
Vince Lombardi

ronk

With a young team I thought Scranton might declare to play in the ECAC postseason tourney if they aren't selected for the NCAA, but Drew is the only Landmark team to do so.
NCAA selection show is Monday 12:30 PM.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ronk on February 22, 2019, 01:56:29 PM
With a young team I thought Scranton might declare to play in the ECAC postseason tourney if they aren't selected for the NCAA, but Drew is the only Landmark team to do so.
NCAA selection show is Monday 12:30 PM.

The ECACs have fallen heavily out of favor with a lot of schools. It is why the tournaments keep shrinking. It no longer surprises me (and hasn't for about five years) that schools have decided it isn't worth the money to register (once for the season, now for a specific sport) and pay money to the ECAC to participate and THEN pay all the money involved with either traveling or hosting to be involved.

ECAC continues to downsize and eSports may be the only thing that actually keeps it "alive" to any degree in the long-term.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

Looking at the talent on the Royal's starting 5, it's hard to believe they are not playing in the championship game on Sunday.

Then again, it was pretty hard to believe the senior talent on last years team couldn't even make it to the Landmark playoffs.

All things considered, I guess we'd all take this season.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: saratoga on February 22, 2019, 06:35:53 PM

Looking at the talent on the Royal's starting 5, it's hard to believe they are not playing in the championship game on Sunday.

Then again, it was pretty hard to believe the senior talent on last years team couldn't even make it to the Landmark playoffs.

All things considered, I guess we'd all take this season.

I like the talent Scranton has back. Could be really good in the next few years.

That said, the Landmark could be insanely good next year with how much is coming back for a lot of teams.

saratoga

Agreed.

Some nice returning players on most teams.

A strong league from top to bottom is good for everyone.

CardsFan

I would expect Scranton and Susquehanna to be numbers 1 and 2 when the preseason poll comes out. The Royals return their entire starting 5 (I think?) and Susquehanna loses two starters, but none of their double-figure scorers. Moravian loses their two top scorers plus Casazza and a third starter. Drew loses three of their four leading scorers.

Obviously way too early for any solid predictions. New players will come in, certain players may not return for whatever reason, and some role players from this season will progress and some others may not. I like the Royals lineup. They have a year together as a group now and I would think they will win a lot of games next season.