FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oline89

Quote from: Bartman on September 11, 2018, 05:06:04 PM
Checked Windy.com and Winchester , VA looks fairly decent for  the Hobart --Shenandoah game....of course this is based on the current forecast and there is time to change. Anyone hear anything?

Still haven't heard anything.  Weather.com also has weather on Saturday as OK, possible showers, light wind.  Shenandoah is just barely over the border from MD, much different weather than the coast

Bartman

WEEK 3 LL Predictions:

Last week Picks 6-0, YTD 12-0 ; LL OOC record, Last week 4-2 and 7-5 YTD.

This week has some very interesting games, :

Union       17               Springfield           31                       Springfield running game wears the Dutchies down

Ithaca       24               Alfred                 21                       A total dogfight and could go either way.

Hobart      41               Shenandoah        24                       Game is played despite Florence, as Hobart figures out how to stop Bauserman

RPI           24               Utica                    7                       RPI Offense is still trying to find themselves

SLU            7               Brockport             38                      Saint defense "holds down" Golden Eagles, but offense scores meaningless TD late.

Rochester   28              Alfred State          10                       Coach Martinovich notches his first win

Liberty League goes 4-2 and 11-7 on the year as the OOC schedule continues
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

jknezek

Shenandoah - Hobart, as far as the ODAC is concerned, is still being played. Of all the ODAC schools, I think Shenandoah is probably going to be safe. We will see as it gets closer, but I suspect this will be a Thursday night type decision, maybe even very early Friday a.m. Other than for Virginia state of emergency purposes, there is probably no reason for the game not to be played unless the storm track drastically changes. All other ODAC football games have been rescheduled, postponed or cancelled.

Bartman

Congratulations to the LL Football performers of the week:

Offensive Performer of the Week: Ryan Hofmann, Hobart
Defensive Performer of the Week: Luke Watanabe, RPI
Special Teams Performer of the Week: Kyle Hackett, Hobart
Co-Rookie of the Week: Tyler Grochot, St. Lawrence
Co-Rookie of the Week: Andre Ross Jr., Union
Honor Roll: Adam Baghi, Rochester; Will Bellamy, Union; Anthony Ferraro, St. Lawrence; Emmett Forde, Hobart; Pat Minogue, Ithaca; Liam Murray, St. Lawrence; Jack Reilly, Union

Hobart coaching staff was gitty over the performance of Ryan Hofman with 6 TD passes , a couple long ones just perfectly thrown to the receivers in sprint stride.
Kyle Hackett , Hobart K, is still perfect on FGs in his 2 year career and deeply regrets the one XP he missed last year, but off to a perfect start in 2018......the man is a machine

Congrats to all of the LL perfomers from last week
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

UfanBill

Quote from: Bartman on September 13, 2018, 09:09:41 AM

Honor Roll: Adam Baghi, Rochester; Will Bellamy, Union; Anthony Ferraro, St. Lawrence; Emmett Forde, Hobart; Pat Minogue, Ithaca; Liam Murray, St. Lawrence; Jack Reilly, Union

Hobart coaching staff was gitty over the performance of Ryan Hofman with 6 TD passes , a couple long ones just perfectly thrown to the receivers in sprint stride.
Kyle Hackett , Hobart K, is still perfect on FGs in his 2 year career and deeply regrets the one XP he missed last year, but off to a perfect start in 2018......the man is a machine

Further congratulations to Union freshman WR Andre Ross Jr. who was named to the D3football weekly national team. This is the second week in a row a Dutchman has achieved this honor joining senior LB Jack Reilly who was named week 1.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

dlippiel

Quote from: UfanBill on September 13, 2018, 10:25:02 AM
Quote from: Bartman on September 13, 2018, 09:09:41 AM

Further congratulations to Union freshman WR Andre Ross Jr. who was named to the D3football weekly national team. This is the second week in a row a Dutchman has achieved this honor joining senior LB Jack Reilly who was named week 1.

dlip echoes both Bartman and UfanBill. Mark dlip's words, if Andre Ross Jr. stays healthy and involved he will break every Union receiving record there is. Yes, he is that talented. dlip hasn't made a statement like this since the Tom Arcidiacano breakout over a ****ing decade ago.

pumkinattack

Hoffman did his work in less than 2.5qtrs, was pulled around the 9 min mark in q3 when it was 52-7.  Cragg gets embarrassed going into the 50s and 60s which is why you rarely see big individual stats from their offensive players unless they get it done in the first half.  Still didn't look great as a team with 77/106 underclassmen incl 4/5 OL, RB and about half or more of the de dense.  Morrisville has a couple of Tos in the first half and we scored every time we touched the ball early but stalled out once it was 28-0.  D still doesn't get enough pressure and our lack of experience has forced Kevin to run an odd duck d that will work against passing teams but we'd get wrecked by big backs or a triple option under this right now.  Offense still w/o top two backs on top of losing two OL starters in preseason.  This team could be good but it's patched together with duct tape right now.

We will know the team is on the up when a defense player at ILB or DL makes a DPOW or something related.

Oline89

Quote from: pumkinattack on September 13, 2018, 11:41:19 AM
Hoffman did his work in less than 2.5qtrs, was pulled around the 9 min mark in q3 when it was 52-7.  Cragg gets embarrassed going into the 50s and 60s which is why you rarely see big individual stats from their offensive players unless they get it done in the first half.  Still didn't look great as a team with 77/106 underclassmen incl 4/5 OL, RB and about half or more of the de dense.  Morrisville has a couple of Tos in the first half and we scored every time we touched the ball early but stalled out once it was 28-0.  D still doesn't get enough pressure and our lack of experience has forced Kevin to run an odd duck d that will work against passing teams but we'd get wrecked by big backs or a triple option under this right now.  Offense still w/o top two backs on top of losing two OL starters in preseason.  This team could be good but it's patched together with duct tape right now.

We will know the team is on the up when a defense player at ILB or DL makes a DPOW or something related.

One thing I will say about the defense.  Morrisville was billed as a rush first/pass second team, so the defensive front was heavy with DT's.  In both the 3 and 4 man fronts, Hobart played primarily 3 DT's and 1 DE.  I assume that going against a passing team, like Shenandoah, there will be an emphasis on pressuring the QB.  Looks like a great game on paper!

dlippiel

Dutchmen will have their ****ing hands full, literally, grasping for scrambling Pride offensive players...who may not even have the ****ing ball, coming out of that challenging triple option. dlip watched a bit of the Pride/Kean game last week and was quite impressed with what he saw from Springfield. Defensively they seem, at least as of now, to be much improved from past years. To dlip, who has always been a fan of the Pride and their triple option offense (see his ****ing man crush on former QB Chris Sharpe) their achilles heal has most times been their defense. They look bigger and faster up front and seem to be decent in most facets of defensive FB.

Union's D, which usually plays the Pride option well, will most likely need the offense to sustain some drives and keep the Pride O off the field so they can catch their breath. It's going to be interesting but dlip thinks the Pride may get the better of his Dutchmen this week. It's a big test but in the end it's an OOC game against a nationally ranked opponent the Dutch can afford the loss. Union will gain some heart and soul from this. Pride wins 28-17.  :'(

Machiavelli

Mach's Fearless Picks:

Union - 13
Springfield - 41
Springfield looks pretty strong. Union appears stronger than they actually are. I think the curtain drops this week.

Ithaca - 14
Alfred - 13
I think Ithaca is the dominant team here, but until their offense learns how to score, they might play a bunch of these this year.

Hobart - 41
Shenandoah - 13
Hobart is starting to click. I don't know anything about Shenandoah.

RPI - 31
Utica - 13
I won't lie, this game scares the daylight out of me. Utica is always tough, and particularly tough against RPI. RPI is better(I think) but they haven't played like it yet this year. I'm hoping it comes together this week.

SLU - 13
Brockport - 56
Brockport will have their 3rd stringers in to start the 2nd half.

Rochester - 13
Alfred St. - 6
This should NOT be a close game. Unfortunately, Rochester stinks. I set the game attendance over/under at 174 fans.

There's no need to write them down this week. Fact is fact.

Bartman

Quote from: dlip on September 14, 2018, 10:40:20 AM
Dutchmen will have their ****ing hands full, literally, grasping for scrambling Pride offensive players...who may not even have the ****ing ball, coming out of that challenging triple option. dlip watched a bit of the Pride/Kean game last week and was quite impressed with what he saw from Springfield. Defensively they seem, at least as of now, to be much improved from past years. To dlip, who has always been a fan of the Pride and their triple option offense (see his ****ing man crush on former QB Chris Sharpe) their achilles heal has most times been their defense. They look bigger and faster up front and seem to be decent in most facets of defensive FB.

Union's D, which usually plays the Pride option well, will most likely need the offense to sustain some drives and keep the Pride O off the field so they can catch their breath. It's going to be interesting but dlip thinks the Pride may get the better of his Dutchmen this week. It's a big test but in the end it's an OOC game against a nationally ranked opponent the Dutch can afford the loss. Union will gain some heart and soul from this. Pride wins 28-17.  :'(
Dlip,
     Good luck, this Pride looks like one of the better teams they have had, but the season is still early and the Dutchmen have shown some nice progress on both offense and defense. It is better to have the game now with some early season experience but frankly a game the Duthmen don't have to win. I am hoping for a competitive game, but I think the ****ing triple option can be maddening as they 3 and 5 yard you to death. Bartman grew up watching Princeton as the last single wing team and it had the same hypnotising effect with a few surprise passes to the TE.  Good luck, it would be a great win for the LL and of course for my Union friends(all good until the Hobart game).

Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

Mach/Baron(Snoopy?),
     Nice picks, they are the same as mine, but the point spreads are different. I bet my total net point spread difference is closer than yours. Do you accept the challenge? It will spice up a less than exciting OCC weekend 8-)
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

south hill observer

Week 3 picks

Springfield - 43
Union -20

Union struggles with triple option.

Ithaca -24
Alfred - 17

Saxons extra week to prepare keeps it close.

Hobart -31
Shen - 17

Hobart is on track.

Utica - 20
RPI - 13

Slow start catches up to engineers against a tough pioneer squad.

Brockport - 64
SLU - 6

Brockport rolls.

Alfred St - 21
Rochester - 13

They both struggle to play well. 

dlippiel

Quote from: Baron von Machiavelli'th, XIII on September 14, 2018, 11:35:40 AM
Mach's Fearless Picks:

Union - 13
Springfield - 41
Springfield looks pretty strong. Union appears stronger than they actually are. I think the curtain drops this week.

Ithaca - 14
Alfred - 13
I think Ithaca is the dominant team here, but until their offense learns how to score, they might play a bunch of these this year.

Hobart - 41
Shenandoah - 13
Hobart is starting to click. I don't know anything about Shenandoah.

RPI - 31
Utica - 13
I won't lie, this game scares the daylight out of me. Utica is always tough, and particularly tough against RPI. RPI is better(I think) but they haven't played like it yet this year. I'm hoping it comes together this week.

SLU - 13
Brockport - 56
Brockport will have their 3rd stringers in to start the 2nd half.

Rochester - 13
Alfred St. - 6
This should NOT be a close game. Unfortunately, Rochester stinks. I set the game attendance over/under at 174 fans.

There's no need to write them down this week. Fact is fact.

This is ****ing hilarious. +k Mach

Machiavelli

Quote from: Bartman on September 14, 2018, 11:52:30 AM
Mach/Baron(Snoopy?),
     Nice picks, they are the same as mine, but the point spreads are different. I bet my total net point spread difference is closer than yours. Do you accept the challenge? It will spice up a less than exciting OCC weekend 8-)