Defense wins championships

sethhpu

sethhpu

calhsu

Cowgirls win at home over LC   84-44.

Lots of girls in the scoring column.   

Saturday night is the first battle of the season.   Last two years the Cowgirls have not been ready for a December showdown.  Bet the coach is mindful of that.  I got to say hello to coach Briggs at homecoming.

sethhpu

Where is Mr. Coleman or Ralph and the McM score???

dballa

A little colon cleansing done by the Lady Jackets tonight in Brownwood.  They even gave ETBU a 12 pt lead to start the game and they still couldn't keep it close.  If HSU can only beat that team by 5 points they have some trouble ahead from the ladies in B-town. 

GO LADY JACKETS!!

Rob Don

Looks like the Lady Jackets have come out swinging!  But the season is early...keep focused on one game at a time. 

KEEP IT UP JACKETS!!!

mcmfan

The McM - MC College final score was McM 87, MC 62. 

I thought the Lady McMs (we can't call outselves Indians anymore, right?) were very strong; the lead was over twenty for most of the game and decreased at the end only because Sam put in all new players who even then looked pretty good.  I'm not a basketball expert, but it appeared to me that we had a much stronger outside game than in past years: several players who can hit 3's besides Maigen Sawyer.  The obvious question is, is McM as good as its national rating or is MC weaker than it was last year?  The obvious answer to that question will be the matchup Monday night between McM and HSU.
Alacumba!

Ralph Turner

mcmfan, how many people do you think will attend the HSU McM game?

calhsu

Dballa,  it might just  be a little early to be comparing scores just yet.  HPU is having a great start.  But I will remind you (and I know you guys hate it when I do) that last year showed that it is not how you start but how you finish.  Can you say final four.  If the Cowgirls don't do well at least I got that in once.

When you look at the shedule you have to ask if it is to Hpu advantage not to play MCM or HSU till late January.   What it will probally mean is that they will likely be undefeated when they come to Abilene.  Your national rating will be top ten I predict.   When they leave town,  we will see.   Lots of basketball to play before then.

calhsu

I looked at the schedule again.   In two weeks HPU will play four games against HSU and MCM.   If they run that table then my hat will be off to to the Yellowjacket Ladies.   

My prediction now is that it will play much like last year,  no one team taking charge.

mcmfan

I assume a bunch will be at the McM-HSU game.  Attendance at the McM-MC game was fairly sparse, I suspect in part because of the weather.  A lot of older fans and alumni didn't show up, and I'm figuring that was because of the icy roads.  Everything should be fine by Monday.  I, myself, may miss the game, though, because it's my wife's birthday and she wants me to take her out to dinner!  Can I persuade her to eat in the HSU cafeteria during halftime...?   :-[
Alacumba!

mcmfan

Calhsu,
I'll agree that who wins the last game is key.  But last year the rankings didn't matter that much (at least for the top four teams in the west) because the conference tournament was in the east.  This year, it will be in the west, so the top team gets to host -- and that could mean a better chance of winning that final game than the west had last year when all four west teams were playing what were essentially away games in the tournament.
Alacumba!

sethhpu

sethhpu