FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Quote from: ITH radio on June 30, 2016, 04:26:44 PM
So who won?

Vixens?
It is neck and neck with voting ending on July 6 at campus rush.com......it might take a true Statesman to decide this contest.......I really need the season to start
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

ITH radio

Cool. I'll check it out and throw in a vote for Mayberry Peps.

Nine weeks from tonight the 2016 D3 season kicks off. Going to be a long 63 days....
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

AUPepBand

Quote from: ITH radio on July 01, 2016, 03:47:28 PM
Cool. I'll check it out and throw in a vote for Mayberry Peps.

Nine weeks from tonight the 2016 D3 season kicks off. Going to be a long 63 days....

Thanks, ITH....+K

Just over four days of balloting to go, it's been back and forth, and currently with over 26,000 votes counted, the Saxons have a slight 51% to 49% lead over the Vixens.

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

AUPepBand

With just over two days of balloting to go, the SAXONS are trying to hold off a VIXEN rally, currently holding a 56% to 44% lead that at one time yesterday was a 60% to 40% edge. Approaching 45,000 votes cast.

A friendly side wage is on the table:
http://www.gosaxons.com/news/2016/6/30/general-au-and-sweet-briar-presidents-place-friendly-wager-on-mascot-tournament.aspx?path=general

On Saxon Warriors!

Bartman

One day to go in the voting and the Vixens are stuck in their fox hole.....looks like a sure Saxon victory.....I thought there would be more sympathy for Sweet Briar but the Saxon strength is too much
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bartman on July 05, 2016, 08:57:13 AM
One day to go in the voting and the Vixens are stuck in their fox hole.....looks like a sure Saxon victory.....I thought there would be more sympathy for Sweet Briar but the Saxon strength is too much

Last night, Pep was driving through Mayberry and believes he saw a bushy-tailed fox dart across the road and down into a glen.

"Those darn vixens! What could they be up to now?"

Truth be told, after returning Sunday night from a trip to Rhode Island, Pep checked the ballot and saw AU had raced to a 60% to 40% lead! So Pep logged onto every computer in the library and voted on each of the three respective search engines...and, to his dismay, the Saxons' lead fell to 59% to 41%.

Saxons holding strong now at 58% to 42%! Just under 24 hours to go and it appears that the Saxon Nation will have earned a national championship....sort of.

On Saxon Warriors!

fisheralum91

Guys

This is really a thing? :P

Anyhoo- Its July- 2 a days will be starting before you know it!

jknezek

Quote from: fisheralum91 on July 05, 2016, 01:43:00 PM
Guys

It is a thing. I voted once. That was enough. But it is exactly because 2 a days haven't started that it is remotely a topic for conversation!

AUPepBand

Guys

Sorry, 91, it really is "a thing." Pep always knew that he liked the fact that the "Saxons" were an exclusive group and is pretty dumbfounded  that such a competition came into being.

Nevertheless, the Saxons, a #6 seed in one of four brackets of eight distinctive mascots, is emerging as national champion in Sports Illustrated's Campus Rush Division III Best Mascot Tournament! Along the way, the Saxons have defeated third-seeded Coe College Kohawks in Round One; the second-seeded Webster University Gorlocks in Round Two; the fifth-seeded Concordia College Cobbers in the regional finals; and the number one seed Oglethorpe University Stormy Petrels in the tournament semifinals.

Sweet Briar, the second seed in its bracket, advanced to the finals by beating the Brandeis University Judges and Mary Baldwin College Fighting Squirrels in the first two rounds; the Sarah Lawrence College Gryphons in the regionals; and the University of California-Santa Cruz Banana Slugs in the tournament semifinals.

Pep is just happy the Saxons didn't face the Banana Slugs!  ???

P.S. The Friends of Saxon Athletics (FSA) has changed its name. It's now "Saxon Nation." The AU Pep Band will continue to be the "Sound of the Saxons" and is looking forward to another successful season with the assistance of AU Band Director Chris Foster. On Saxon Warriors!

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on July 05, 2016, 05:01:46 PM
Guys

Sorry, 91, it really is "a thing." Pep always knew that he liked the fact that the "Saxons" were an exclusive group and is pretty dumbfounded  that such a competition came into being.

Nevertheless, the Saxons, a #6 seed in one of four brackets of eight distinctive mascots, is emerging as national champion in Sports Illustrated's Campus Rush Division III Best Mascot Tournament! Along the way, the Saxons have defeated third-seeded Coe College Kohawks in Round One; the second-seeded Webster University Gorlocks in Round Two; the fifth-seeded Concordia College Cobbers in the regional finals; and the number one seed Oglethorpe University Stormy Petrels in the tournament semifinals.

Sweet Briar, the second seed in its bracket, advanced to the finals by beating the Brandeis University Judges and Mary Baldwin College Fighting Squirrels in the first two rounds; the Sarah Lawrence College Gryphons in the regionals; and the University of California-Santa Cruz Banana Slugs in the tournament semifinals.

Pep is just happy the Saxons didn't face the Banana Slugs!  ???

P.S. The Friends of Saxon Athletics (FSA) has changed its name. It's now "Saxon Nation." The AU Pep Band will continue to be the "Sound of the Saxons" and is looking forward to another successful season with the assistance of AU Band Director Chris Foster. On Saxon Warriors!
Gee Pep,now that I look at the competition, or lack there of, no wonder it was between the Vixens and the Saxons...Banana Slugs? perhaps part of  Alfred the Great's diet?.....Good luck , I am sure you will compose a new Saxon Fight song for this special achievement !
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Alright, something's pretty fishy here. Last night, the Saxons led by 58% to 42% with 70,000 votes cast. I check this morning and just overnight, there were 37,000 votes cast and Sweet Briar now has a 51% to 49% lead with 107,000 votes cast????

Were there 30,000+ super delegates that had yet to be counted or what?

HSCTiger74

Quote from: AUPepBand on July 06, 2016, 07:51:19 AM
Alright, something's pretty fishy here. Last night, the Saxons led by 58% to 42% with 70,000 votes cast. I check this morning and just overnight, there were 37,000 votes cast and Sweet Briar now has a 51% to 49% lead with 107,000 votes cast????

Late returns from Chicago.
TANSTAAFL

Mr. Ypsi

Same reason Sweet Briar still exists after it briefly shut down - those old Vixen alums are FEISTY! :o

If they could save the whole school, I could easily imagine them conjuring up a few tens of thousands of last-minute ballots!

AUPepBand

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on July 06, 2016, 06:19:31 PM

Late returns from Chicago.

Well, congratulations to Sweet Briar's Vixens! It was no mistake, then, that Pep saw a fox run across the road in Alfred and surmised that those Vixens were up to something!

It was a fun run. On Saxon Warriors!

amh63

Sweet Briar does need the publicity for increasing enrollment, etc!
As always, the Saxons stayed competitive to the end.