East Region Fan Poll

Started by pg04, July 05, 2007, 09:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek

Quote from: @d3jason on November 12, 2015, 10:03:09 AM
Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on November 11, 2015, 02:04:19 PM
In all honesty, I think Albright should have been #1, they beat the same team that Wesley loss too, however I think with NCC getting into the North Region Rankings was most likely the deciding factor in placing Wesley above Albright.

I believe that their are four subcommittees, one for each region. So my question, that I'm sure anyone can answer here is, how would the East panel know that NCC was regionally-ranked?

Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in 1876. We sometimes use them to communicate across long distances.

East: "Hey, North guys. Is NCC likely to be ranked this week?
North: "Yup. So long as you aren't kicking Wesley out of the rankings completely."
East: "No. I don't think we'll do that. Seriously considering leaving them #1 so long as NCC helps their RRO."
North: "Seriously? Team lost to a team not in the rankings, isn't in control of their conference, and you're going to leave them #1 in the region? Man you guys have sh!tty choices right now. Those West guys are right. They ought to drop the whole East from the Tournament."
East: "Bite me. And tell the West to... well, tell those snotty West guys something insulting from us. Like they are only getting 2 #1 seeds and half of the at larges. Ha. Yeah. Tell those cry babies to suck it up. Right guys?" (Chorus of Uh-huh from the rest of the committee over the fancy speaker phone).
North: "Yeah. Whatever. (Rest of committee trying not to laugh out loud on fancy speaker phone) We done here? We actually have to compare some teams to figure out where they go. Can't lose and still be #1 in this Region. (outright laughter)"
East: (Dejected sighs) "So we're good on NCC being ranked?"
North: "Yeah, you're fine."

Click.

Actually I have no idea if this is allowed. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be? And yes, they are probably too polite to mock the East guys for having their 3 top choices lose and still have to put one of them #1. But wouldn't it be funny if they weren't?

D3MAFAN

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 12, 2015, 10:10:58 AM
In all honesty, I think Albright should have been #1, they beat the same team that Wesley loss too, however I think with NCC getting into the North Region Rankings was most likely the deciding factor in placing Wesley above Albright.

I believe that their are four subcommittees, one for each region. So my question, that I'm sure anyone can answer here is, how would the East panel know that NCC was regionally-ranked?

This is actually a mystery.  I tend to think that if North Central being ranked or not was a deciding factor for placing Wesley ahead of Albright, a simple text/call to a representative of the North committee would do the trick.  I did notice that this week's data sheets did not include RRO results, so maybe they're flying blind.  In the end here with this particular case, I don't think it's terribly important if the order is Albright/Wesley or Wesley/Albright.  Either way, Albright is already in the field (presumably) and Wesley is at the front of the at-large line in this region.

I agree, if both handle themselves this weekend, they are both in the playoffs, however looking at D3 Football projected bracket, I would think Albright would get at least two home games and Wesley one and Wesley going to Albright, it just doesn't make since not using the common opponent as a major factor, however it appears the same in other regions. I honestly believe the committee uses the old "eye test", money saver, and some other random data we are not privy to when selecting teams, such as last year when Muhlenberg made the field (although they played Widener very very close).

wally_wabash

Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on November 12, 2015, 10:20:21 AM

This is actually a mystery.  I tend to think that if North Central being ranked or not was a deciding factor for placing Wesley ahead of Albright, a simple text/call to a representative of the North committee would do the trick.  I did notice that this week's data sheets did not include RRO results, so maybe they're flying blind.  In the end here with this particular case, I don't think it's terribly important if the order is Albright/Wesley or Wesley/Albright.  Either way, Albright is already in the field (presumably) and Wesley is at the front of the at-large line in this region.

I agree, if both handle themselves this weekend, they are both in the playoffs, however looking at D3 Football projected bracket, I would think Albright would get at least two home games and Wesley one and Wesley going to Albright, it just doesn't make since not using the common opponent as a major factor, however it appears the same in other regions. I honestly believe the committee uses the old "eye test", money saver, and some other random data we are not privy to when selecting teams, such as last year when Muhlenberg made the field (although they played Widener very very close).

I think the way that bracket is set up, Wesley is clearly in the position to host.  D3football.com has Albright on the road in the first round even. 

How does selecting Muhlenberg save money? 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

D3MAFAN

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 12, 2015, 10:30:23 AM

I think the way that bracket is set up, Wesley is clearly in the position to host.  D3football.com has Albright on the road in the first round even. 

That it is in regards to the Far West and Texas quadrants, which can't be avoided. However, listening to your analysis prior year, how did Muhlenberg get in...

wally_wabash

Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on November 12, 2015, 11:10:58 AM
Quote from: wally_wabash on November 12, 2015, 10:30:23 AM

That it is in regards to the Far West and Texas quadrants, which can't be avoided. However, listening to your analysis prior year, how did Muhlenberg get in...

Yeah, I wouldn't have picked Muhlenberg based on their season as told by the criteria versus other teams' season as told by the criteria (with a large assist from the previous year's committee having clearly sent a message that RRO wins and SOS were tantamount).  Last year's committee (which I think did change over half of its people from 2013-2014) voted a little differently, but I think it's a serious stretch (and unfair to the committee) to say that Muhlenberg was placed in the field because they somehow cost less. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

wesleydad

Like the D3 bracket.  Wesley hosting an easy game followed by a possible triple option team in W&L.  The either a trip to Linfield, checking on flight costs shortly, or UMHB or HSU coming to Wesley.  Then a possible trip to St. Thomas or UWW wins that and Wesley goes to UWW again.  All in all this is going to be fun to see how it gets bracketed.  Some real good teams looking for a spot.

Div3Fan

AND there is still another week of football before the post-season. I expect some team will end up negating a piece of our premature brackets.

AUKaz00

Football is still a thing?  Well, I'll be!

Anyway, I've been neglectful of ERFP duties so no Pre-Season poll (obviously).  However, I'm willing to coordinate voting again if anyone is interested.  I'll send messages to everyone who voted last year and then open it up to responders on this thread to fill out gaps.

Get the fight song ready!
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

AUPepBand

Quote from: AUKaz00 on September 01, 2016, 01:23:16 PM

Anyway, I've been neglectful of ERFP duties so no Pre-Season poll (obviously).  However, I'm willing to coordinate voting again if anyone is interested.  I'll send messages to everyone who voted last year and then open it up to responders on this thread to fill out gaps.

Is Kaz00 still a poster? Well, I'll be!

It's always ready!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Bartman

Quote from: AUKaz00 on September 01, 2016, 01:23:16 PM

If you have dropouts from last year, I am happy to contribute
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

jmcozenlaw

I'm in if you need somebody from the southern part of the east! :)

d3fan142511

Like mentioned above..If any dropouts i would be interested to give picks. Played D3 in NE region (09-12)

wesleydad

this would have been my preseason top 10.  went with the d3 kickoff rankings.  needless to say after friday night there are going to be some changes.

wesley
albright
cortland
salisbury
del val
stevenson
fisher
alfred
hobart
widener

rams1102

Kaz,

Any idea when the ERFP will come out. Thanks.

Dave !!!
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

AUKaz00

I'm pulling together the pollsters and submissions.  So, I'm guessing it'll be a little late this week.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!