Big Dance

Started by Falconer, November 11, 2019, 02:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulNewman

And the F&M announcers pure class after even with MSU antics.

Mr.Right

CNU v Swat heading to PK's...ANOTHER 0-0 game TODAY...not a good look

PaulNewman

Swat-Newport had 46 fouls (23 a piece).   Swat with 4-5 YCs.  Swat in PKs.  Swat only Centennial standing.

Mr.Right

Quote from: PaulNewman on November 17, 2019, 05:42:22 PM
And the F&M announcers pure class after even with MSU antics.

I did not see the antics but yea they were solid

Hopkins92

Props to CC for a solid win. Took Hop out of their style of play.

I have to say... Maybe don't complain about EVERY foul call? Geez louise, guys.

gustiefan04

Gustavus with a late equalizer against NPU to send the game to OT.

YoungBuck

Well I guess Mr. Zinner wins this round...Swat going through on PKs for the second straight day, setting up a sectional contest against Conn.  They're the last CC team standing, as F&M, Getty, and Hopkins go out as well.  Pretty unbelievable to me that Swat's season will go on longer than anyone else in the conference.  Disappointing day for the conference and the Mid-Atlantic as a whole, but props to Swat for the resiliency.

Got to watch Marcucci in goal for Conn for the first time today.  Damn, that kid is special.  The move where he plucks the opposition's corners out of the sky and immediately releases his wingers on the counter is sooo effective.  Made an incredible save early in the first half that really swung the momentum.

D3Grad

North Park-Gustavus game is very chippy as Gustavus got the late equalizer.  Hard to say what happened but an NP player was down on the ground holding his head(?) as Gustavus sent a cross in.  North Park arguing everything with the referee.  Reminds me of a few years ago when North Park was the beneficiary of many whistles.  Maybe the karma whistle has made it back to North Park.

PaulNewman

That Luther pitch looks pretty beat up.  Maybe there is one argument for that.  All the jerseys and short are mud-stained and there may be some purists who feel that is more "authentic".  I recall a great tilt between St Olaf and someone who was favored and got by St Olaf with several inches of snow on the pitch.

PaulNewman

Quote from: YoungBuck on November 17, 2019, 06:14:10 PM
Well I guess Mr. Zinner wins this round...Swat going through on PKs for the second straight day, setting up a sectional contest against Conn.  They're the last CC team standing, as F&M, Getty, and Hopkins go out as well.  Pretty unbelievable to me that Swat's season will go on longer than anyone else in the conference.  Disappointing day for the conference and the Mid-Atlantic as a whole, but props to Swat for the resiliency.

Got to watch Marcucci in goal for Conn for the first time today.  Damn, that kid is special.  The move where he plucks the opposition's corners out of the sky and immediately releases his wingers on the counter is sooo effective.  Made an incredible save early in the first half that really swung the momentum.

I was impressed with Conn....the Camels are not just Marcucci although he definitely is everything advertised.  I'd give them a fighting chance versus Tufts if they get the Jumbos although I do like W&L too.

PaulNewman

Liked "a minute left before PKs decide this bad boy" -- Luther announcer (Darren Swenson)

D3Grad

North Park with a few very good chances in the 2 overtimes.  Gustavus surviving by the skin of their teeth.  Game is going to PKs. 

Buck O.

Quote from: Falconer on November 17, 2019, 04:00:12 PM
Hoping that rudy can provide a report in the Falcon injured list. His son played a terrific game today, repeatedly shutting down much bigger players and sometimes making them look silly by taking the ball from their feet or jumping in front if passes. As I said, Oneonta was much bigger but Messiah was more athletic.

After Ruark went out with what looked like an ankle injury, his son moved from LB to DMF and ran the show like he's done it his whole life.

That was his position in high school.  He was very good at it.

D3Grad

NP advances 5-4.  Weak penalty kick by the final Gustavus player.  A bit surprising considering the finishing ability he possesses. 

Ejay

Dear lord. That last GA pk was simply awful. Like, one of the worst I've ever seen awful.  Congrats to NP on the win.