BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

David Collinge

OAC Tourney Page

It's down to Marietta and Otterbein, with the Pioneers needing to take two from the Cardinals to take the title.  'Etta ousted Mt. Union this morning, 12-5, after the Raiders had done in the Student Princes, 11-9.  Otterbein pinned an 11-6 loss on Marietta on Saturday.

David Collinge

Marietta takes the first, 12-5, forcing a one-game showdown at Otterbein, presumably underway now.

Spence

Tied 4-4 in the 12th. Cannot get on either Web feed (Marietta or Otterbein, I presume both are full).

I would think between Ott beating MC three times and St. Thomas and winning the OAC they're in, and with Marietta winning 35 games and getting to the final game they're in as well.

One possibility that's crossed my mind is Marietta going south and never seeing Wooster or western Indiana, considering where I am in South Carolina right now is about as close to Marietta as Terre Haute.

Pat Coleman

Otterbein is on Sportsjuice. That stream should not be full. But I cannot get it either.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Spence

5-4 Otterbein in 12.

Eisenberg, Dunn, Knowlton and Merryman the pitchers for Marietta. Merryman was the last one I think.

What can you say...4 times they've come from behind to win at home. We had 15 hits.

jdean

Anybody have any idea how Ott and Mary are doing in the tournie?

Pat Coleman

There's a large amount of baseball NCAA Tournament discussion on the multi-regional baseball topics board.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

seventiesraider

Another Marrietta Player goes pro:

DeMark inks minor league contract with San Diego Padres

Also link at end of article about Express players in the pro's
Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

JK

Six Killed in Bluffton baseball bus crash... this is just awful.   Our thoughts and prayers to all in the Bluffton Family:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6522208

BoomerIL

My deepest sympathies go out to all of the families whos kids were killed or injured, and to the Bluffton community who are also traumatized by this awful accident.

Prayers from our family go out to all of those affected by this terribly accident.  May god bless them all.

Rich Cannon and family
"You observe alot by watching"  -  Yogi Berra

njlincolnlion

My sincerest condolences to the Bluffton University community and to the families that lost loved ones.  My prayers are with you, and may God comfort you all during this most difficult time.   :(
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, '30

17 NCAA DIII Championships

Stout survivor

On behalf of UW-Sout  I would like to offer our condolences to the program and family's of the Bluffton baseball team
You are only as good as the people around you.

mideastfan

http://www.marietta.edu/athletics/baseball/archive/2006-07/20070303.html

Marietta opens 2007 with a pair of wins behind Tony Piconke's bat.  Piconke, who homered in last year's National Championship game, picked up where he left off as he hit home runs in both games Saturday afternoon. 

ADL70

In maybe the biggest mismatch since Thermopylae, Otterbein hosts the 16 Spartans of Case Western Reserve (that's the toal of the squad) today in a DH.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite