HITTING FOR THE CYCLE

Started by Gramps, April 10, 2009, 12:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoBo

It's being reported on the UW-La Crosse website that UW-Stevens Point's Cody Koback hit for the cycle today at La Crosse, finishing 4-for-6 with five RBI and three runs scored. He hit a grand slam in the fifth inning of a 16-6 Pointer win in game 1 of their DH.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

Jim Dixon

Tom DeAngelis  hit for the cycle, one of six for Widener to homer in a 25-9 pounding at Gwynedd-Mercy.

http://www.widenerpride.com/news/2009/4/27/BB_0427095307.aspx?path=baseball

Jim Dixon

Hmm...no cycle this year.  Interesting. 

I have been looking for the first cycle of the year and having gone this long am wondering did i miss one or is this a better pitching year.

redbull

Nate Carlson of the University of Redlands hit for the cycle on March 19th vs. Puget Sound.

redbull

Quote from: redbull on March 28, 2010, 10:16:35 AM
Nate Carlson of the University of Redlands hit for the cycle on March 19th vs. Puget Sound.

Nate Carlson of the University of Redlands hit for the cycle again this past Saturday, March 27, against CalTech.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: redbull on March 29, 2010, 01:50:34 PM

Nate Carlson of the University of Redlands hit for the cycle again this past Saturday, March 27, against CalTech.

Shouldn't there be demerits against anyone who DOESN'T hit for the cycle against Caltech?! :D

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 29, 2010, 06:50:10 PM
Quote from: redbull on March 29, 2010, 01:50:34 PM

Shouldn't there be demerits against anyone who DOESN'T hit for the cycle against Caltech?! :D

I was thinking the same thing but for the trifecta you need to do it against La Sierra also.

I'll get something on the front page but considering that neither game is highlighted on the Redlands' web site, nor pushed out to the national media (well okay me), it is no wonder that nobody knows Redlands is having a good season - I refer you to the discussion in the Top 25.

OshDude

UW-Whitewater's Dan Putnam vs. Marian on 4/1.

BigPoppa

Carthage's Will Hodges hit for the cycle in a 4-5 day with 5 RBI in Saturday's 8-7 win vs Elmhurst.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

OshDude

UW-Stevens Point's Eric Fritz vs. UW Oshkosh on 4/14.

D-BAT

EMU's Baker Hits For Cycle In Split With Catholic (April 1st)

On a beautiful day for baseball, Eastern Mennonite hosted Catholic in a non-conference doubleheader Thursday. With bright blue skies and a light wind blowing out to left field, both teams pasted the ball around the park and combined for 46 runs in just 12 innings of play. The Royals snapped a six-game losing streak with a dominating 17-10 win in game one before the Cardinals from behind in an 11-8 nightcap victory.

http://www.emu.edu/athletics/baseball/2009_2010/emubb17.htm

Ralph Turner

Here is an interesting twist on the concept.

Concordia-Texas, as a team, hit for the cycle in the first inning of their 5-2 win over Schreiner.

AUSTIN, Texas -- A first-inning cycle propelled the Concordia University Texas baseball team to a 5-2 win over Schreiner on Saturday afternoon at Tornado Field.  CTX (15-19, 8-8 ASC) received a triple from Justin Beasley, a single from Pedro Maldonado, a two-run homer by C.J. Riojas and a double off the bat of Justin Yeager to complete the rare feat.

CTX scored three runs in the first.

ECSUalum

Chris Thompson @ ECSU came about a foot from hitting for the cycle today vs Plymouth State.

Hit the center field wall for his 4th out of five hits today, already had double, triple and a single

spartanfan973

Hi i just wanted to point out that you forgot one from the 09 season on the list.

http://www.ycpspartans.com/sports/bsb/2008-09/news/bb_gs_oglethorpe_022109