Women's OAC 2013

Started by woacfan, June 26, 2013, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woacfan

AMAZING! Way to go Crusaders!!! Knocking off number one ranked Washington in PKs!!!!! Maggie Donellen is having an MVP year and a great performance by the team to hang in there when they went down early. Once it went to penalties,I knew it was over! Congrats again and send us some details when you have a chance CN.

"We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" - Brian Clough

CrusaderNation

It has been a terrific ride to say the least.  Nine hour bus trip to Wisconsin to play two ranked teams who were supposed to beat us.... messed that up for them!  Four days latter another nine hour bus ride to St. Louis to play two more teams who were supposed to beat us, including the #1 team in the country... and we messed that up too!  Seems no one told this team we were not supposed to fight our hearts out and leave it all behind!  Big saves for Maggie and bigger effort by team!

woacfan

Tough loss CN, but what a season!  You've made the whole OAC proud and put up a good game against a formidible opponent.  Coach Kouns has put together a great program in Columbus. Everyone down there can hold their head high.  What a great run.  Congratulations on a record-breaking season for the Crusaders!
"We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" - Brian Clough

CrusaderNation

Thanks for the kind words WOAC!  The girls gave a great effort and hopefully the run will offer the OAC and the Great Lakes a little more respect.  For now it is time to let them get to finals and make up for alot of missed school work!  Happy holidays to you and your family!