BB: Regionals (New England) ECSU 2012

Started by Ralph Turner, April 29, 2012, 06:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trincoll14

Good Win for the Bantams! Ed Donovan with the complete game shutout. Move on tomorrow to take on Wheaton at 4:30. Lyons were impressive in their thumping of WNE 10-3.

wordsmith

Gm 9: #7 Bowdoin vs. #5 Western New England - WNEU slams Bowdoin   10:00 a.m.

No idea of scores so here goes for Day 3:

#2 Saint Joseph's (ME) vs. #4 Keene State - St. Joe's takes KSC down   1:15 p.m.   

Gm 11: #1 Wheaton vs. #3 Trinity - Wheaton rolls    4:30 p.m.

Word

wordsmith

WNE leads Bowdoin 5-1 in the 8th.

Bowdoin had bases loaded and 1 out WNE went to the pen and they got a pop-up and a K to end the threat and probably salt it away.
Word

kscer

KSC over St Joes. The bats come alive and the pitching holds up.
Trinity takes Wheaton

GBearsAlum15

Did Lawlor come in to shut the door for WNE?

kscer

Wheels are coming off for KSC...6 runs  3 walks, 4 errors. Big hole to dig out of.

Stump

Quote from: ECSUalum on May 17, 2012, 11:05:24 PM
Is there nobody to give Tristan a break.... 10am to 11pm a loooog day.............unbelievable, hope he doesn't lose his voice.

Great job man 8-)
Ditto that. Great job Hobbesy!  Long days but what I've heard has been very good. Keep up the good work!

wordsmith

Just as it looked like it would be

Down Goes Wheaton, Down Goes Wheaton, Down Goes Wheaton, and Trinity is as composed as can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEIMQ42-oU

We see a stunning comeback as:

The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, took the last train to the coast
The day the Wheaties won

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Y_XRiJsCI

And I'll take WNE over St.Joe's in tonight's game.
Word

wildthngvaughn

Haha...what was up with the ECSU grounds crew at the end of the WNE vs St. Joe's game. They started to rake home plate as the teams started to lineup to shake hands, actually raking around them.  Finally the the teams shook hands near the back stop.  It was too funny.  They were pretty much, its late and we've been here all day, forget this we're getting this done so we can get out of here.

wordsmith

So the final (maybe) day of NE Regionals is upon us:

WNE vs Trinity - I think FSHG is the better team but I think WNE is the grittier team - tough call but I'm picking WNE and Coach L.

Wheaton waits in the wings - and will defeat either team who makes it through.

Word

GBearsAlum15

WNE walks off on Trinity!! Bring on the Wheaties! It's gonna be tough to beat Wheaton twice based on the way they are playing, but it will also be tough for Wheaton to beat WNE four times in one year. Let's hope for an entertaining game(s) at least.

Go Bears!!!

wordsmith

Can MattyL punchup the boys for one more maximum effort?

Final installment of as the Regionals turn......I'll say it again...Wheaton is the better team, but WNE is grittier. I'll will stick with Wheaton thou and it breaks my little pea pickn' heart to say that but ePod finds a way to move the Wheaties to Wisconsin.

Go WNE....
Word

kscer

It's tough to play in a conference where you play seven inning games all year the come into a regional where you have to play nine. That said I am hoping for WNE because I think Wheaton has become a mechanical monster in NE and deserves to have its gears jammed.

ECSUalum

Congratulations to Coach Podbelski and the Wheaton College Lyons on a well deserved NCAA NE Regional Championship!!!

Best of luck in the 2012 Division III College World Series :)

PS, Tristan, your a true professional...wonderful job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph Turner

Excellent broadcast of the regional on www.littleeast.tv

IMHO, there is no finer conference webstreaming in D-III.

Thanks for all of the baseball!