D3's unique player names

Started by sac, November 23, 2010, 04:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sac

There should be a thread about unique names in D3.

I'll throw out James Oshkeshequoam from Lakeland.  He should be playing for UW Oshkosh.

hopefan

Well, 3 weeks ago, I felt I had that all timer of names, one Mr. Prettiboi Knuckles, at Maryville College (Tn)....   his merits were being discussed in the GSAC room.....but as I looked to check the spelling, I note that Mr Knuckles is no longer on the Maryville roster!!!!     :'( :'(    Certainly our all namers must be active during the season.....
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

magicman

smedindy found one on Green Mountain College's team which he commented about on the Undefeated and Winless board. Player's name is Cleopass Nakoma.

Flying Dutch Fan

Adrian has a 6'9" freshman with the name Babajide Bamiduro 
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

Gregory Sager

I'll throw in my two bits for Millikin freshman forward Urbane Dunlap.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

smedindy

But Maryville still has Maverick Willett!

No time to do a lot of research, but Denison has a treasure trove:

Bolaji Azeez
Jon Akpapunam
Mike Garabedian
Dimonde Hale
Peter Sahasrabudhe

That's a heck of a starting five. Pity the radio announcer if they ever do play at the same time!

magicman

Quote from: smedindy on November 23, 2010, 05:41:49 PM
But Maryville still has Maverick Willett!

No time to do a lot of research, but Denison has a treasure trove:

Bolaji Azeez
Jon Akpapunam
Mike Garabedian
Dimonde Hale
Peter Sahasrabudhe

That's a heck of a starting five. Pity the radio announcer if they ever do play at the same time!

I think they have to win the team award. I'd like to hear Dick Vitale announcing their game. Bolajiiiiii Babeeeee!!! :D

Mr. Ypsi

There are very few names that are really hard if you properly prepare.  I am not an announcer, but eventually had no trouble with Tshimanga Biakubutuka (Michigan RB who lit up OSU for 313 yards in 1995), but fully understand why the announcers preferred "Touchdown Tim"! :D

John Gleich

I just found two while perusing the box score of that 7 OT game...

For Southern Vermont:  Jorge Jorge

But more interesting:

For Skidmore: Sakhile Sithole
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 23, 2010, 07:58:45 PM
There are very few names that are really hard if you properly prepare.  I am not an announcer, but eventually had no trouble with Tshimanga Biakubutuka (Michigan RB who lit up OSU for 313 yards in 1995), but fully understand why the announcers preferred "Touchdown Tim"! :D

I was always impressed with my ability to spell Houshmandzadeh without looking it up first.

I always liked the telephone commercial (I think) referencing Bob Wehadababyitsaboy.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ethelred the Unready

A little mundane perhaps, but Keuka's Teddy Tuggles is my entry for today.

In a related matter, the last three players to wear #50 for the U of R were named Thorn, Rose and Bloom. 
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

Just Bill

Quote from: Ethelred the Unready on November 24, 2010, 08:54:01 AM

That is simply the most adorable name I've ever heard.  What preschooler wouldn't want to find a Teddy Tuggles under their Christmas tree?  They're so cuddly!
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

David Collinge

Quote from: Just Bill on November 24, 2010, 09:21:28 AM

That is simply the most adorable name I've ever heard.  What preschooler wouldn't want to find a Teddy Tuggles under their Christmas tree?  They're so cuddly!
And how appropriate that he plays for the Keuka Fran & Ollies!

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: David Collinge on November 24, 2010, 12:31:46 PM
Quote from: Just Bill on November 24, 2010, 09:21:28 AM

And how appropriate that he plays for the Keuka Fran & Ollies!

One from the "Wayback Machine".....
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

RustCollege

i hav 2 Justycze Clark and Omar Cumberbatch of Rust College